0 0%
  • Terrible

0 0%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

One Piece 709 Discussion / 710 Predictions

http://www.mangapanda.com/one-piece/709

Spoiler!
    Aggravate, Anger, and Piss off

The King's punch sure is strong but the rumors that it can take down even a Yonkou? Not even close. WB would have tanked it then punch him together with the whole collosseum.

The barrier seems formidable too but Bellamy was able to grab him, he may not be as agile and Luffy could get to him somehow.

sig made by me

Yonko killer my ass. Anyways, no matter the barrier, haki will be the key to winning against Bartolomeo. I'm surprised that Bellamy lost and also that he was floating on the water. Shouldn't he sink or was the image drawn immediately upon him hitting the water.

Come on group C. I hope the match doesn't get interrupted or Luffy doesn't get disqualified, although I think he will be disqualified or he will meet someone and deemed them worthy of continuing the fight in place of him.

The fire is growing. So much fodder

We all knew Elizabello's punch wasn't Yonkou caliber; enemy fortress--yes; Yonkou, Shichibukai, or most of the top tier NW pirates: no.

Again, Bartolomeo wields the assumed DF power we witnessed last chapter. Must give him props for at least blocking Elizabello's punch I suppose. Also, he was part of the two people, the other Bellamy, who I felt had the best chance to win the round.

At this point I'd like to express how disappointed I am Oda decided to quick-finish this block in this chapter. Sure, I appreciate him finally moving forward with the story (which seems will be taking a filler chapter starting next week) and on to Luffy's block. However, instead of using this chapter to explain Bartolomeo's DF and set the final stage of fighters (Bartolomeo, Bellamy, Ricky, Elizabello, etc) and finishing up next week with one more chapter, he chose to wrap the B block battle royale amazing fast. I would have liked to see a bit more fighting between the named contestants, ESPECIALLY Bellamy, and not so much focus on the betrayal and disintegration of Dagama's strategy.

Nonetheless, the chapter was still strong and closed the B block's fighting definitively while introducing the next transition. I thought it interesting Luffy cheered for Bellamy.....I'm not one to go as far as saying next crew member, but possibly Bellamy becomes another ally of the SHs at the end of this Dressrosa arc when Doflamingo's boat is sunk by two WGen rookies.

Also of note and as I hypothesized a few weeks ago, Ricky is almost certainly Kyros. His brief inner dialogue about his inability to defeat Father Time and hating Doflamingo for his construction of a game popularized by gladiators mercilessly beating each other makes me think he has some bad blood or some lingering regret for participating in a foolish game.

One last tidbit, I wouldn't be surprised if Bartolomeo is aiming to work under BB. You either exist beneath the Yonkou's shadow or continually fight against it. As crazy as Bartolomeo appears, I wouldn't be surprised if he's doing this for some alterior motive, such as saving his damn ass down the line. By the way this marks two characters now who've mentioned "that person," the other one being Caribou back in FI about Shirahoshi. Curious....

The thing I liked about this chapter, is that Ricky/Kyros pretty much proves that age does effect One Piece characters. This also includes Z and White Beard.

I Love You!
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    The thing I liked about this chapter, is that Ricky/Kyros pretty much proves that age does effect One Piece characters. This also includes Z and White Beard.
    Even before this chapter I thought the age condition was pretty well established. Between Rayleigh being unable to further aid the SHs at SA while fending off Kizaru and Whitebeard's quake punches failing to break as strongly as once they did and his haki not working, age has certainly been present within the story, though I agree we do see it a bit more plainly illustrated here.

To answer your question pratesh, I believe Bluegilly and Bellamy both landed on the small strip of ground at the base of the Colosseum and not the water. It's a bit difficult to tell, because Oda drew their landing ground undulating and with a bluish hue, but if you look at how Bluegilly is laying, especially noting how his one leg is bent upwards instead of sinking, you can tell the two of them landed safely away from drowning or the Fighting Fish.

EH, really good chapter, But like BR i wish B block went on for another chapter or two. I just wanted more indepth fighting with Bellamy. But im ok with this. Plus i am also currious about who that person is. I just assumed if was flamingo, when caribou mentioned him. but, it could be some one else. It could be BB but thats a bit obvious. I mean dragon or bonny would be a bit more interesting lol. think about it, it would be cool if bonny was gaining power like that. dragon would be interesting cuz luffy might have a problem with some stuff that hes doing. It could also be the new war lord.

I would have preferred a final 4 fight with ricky, blue gilly, bellamy and bartolomeo. or final 3 with blue gilly bartolomeo and bellamy.
    Im just egar to see the funk brothers Vs the flower country guys, luffy vs the old man and any other cool fights we might get, I am interested in that Bull guy. thinking he could be a bull zoan?
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

^Who knows. I doubt he's a Zoan though; probably more of a wild fighting bull like the animals on the island Luffy trained on, though considerably smaller. I'm actually more interested in the D Block matchup of Fighting Lion vs Meadows (who wears a leopard skin cloak). Wouldn't the former defeating the latter be an ironic outcome lol.

good chapter, but then again antoher boring part.
    tragic past? maybe dofla not the true emperor, he just set up trap and then killed the royal throne.

Quote Originally Posted by Hart_lerouxx View Post
    good chapter, but then again antoher boring part.
    tragic past? maybe dofla not the true emperor, he just set up trap and then killed the royal throne.
    What makes you think this likely filler chapter/arc will be boring? True in comparison to the action we've been having lately, a history of Dressrosa may falter a bit excitement wise. However, Oda always makes sure his chapters, filler or otherwise, are purposefully done to illustrate an important idea that will therefore further the overall storyline. In all likelihood, we'll spend a few chapters detailing how Doflamingo came to power on Dressrosa and possibly even see how so many people like Rebecca have come to hate him. Hell why not even some of the events that occurred during the 2 year break! Really, I'm interested in what material Dressrosa's history holds about Dressrosa, Doflamingo and all he's worked for all these years, and the intricacies hidden within such realities.

*Another idea I've come to form following this chapter in relation to Rebecca is the hypothesis that her father/family is somehow involved/enslaved to work within the Smile Factory. If Rebecca was young when Doflamingo forced her family/loved one into service, Doflamingo could have very well spared her because he has this weird "brotherly" affection towards women. The tragic aspects of losing her family/loved one to a life of forced labor--possibly even to the point this hypothetical person died as a consequence--lend a certain plausibility to Rebecca's adamant hatred to kill Doflamingo.

....Soooooooo, what are people's thoughts on how Luffy will enter the Colosseum now that, more or less, his identity is out? Will he continue to play the "Lucy" moniker despite at least Chinjao and Cavendish knowing who he truly is? Will he enter as Lucy but ultimately, either accidentally or purposefully, revealing himself by the end? Or does he simply lose the charade and walk in, intimidating as all hell and declare his intention to kick everyone's ass and become Pirate King? In truth I see any one of these three routes as likely as the other two, but as much as I want the last to happen, I have a feeling it will unfold like my second idea. What are your thoughts though? Feel free to add in any possibilities you see in addition to mine and let's discuss for a few days!

....Really....it's sad the OP threads die after two days......
    Last edited by Blackriot69; 05-19-2013 at 08:17 PM.