• So So

0 0%
  • Bad

0 0%
  • Terrible

0 0%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kuroihikari View Post
    Japanese text just literally asks him if they won't fight together. ("Tomo ni, tatakau dewa nai ka?"/"Shall we fight together?").
    This. We need more raws to be able to analyse properly. The translations are interpretations and then we interpret the interpretations. It adds too much noise.

Quote Originally Posted by Anticrobotic View Post
    This. We need more raws to be able to analyse properly. The translations are interpretations and then we interpret the interpretations. It adds too much noise.

Yeah I agree, plus some scanlators like to take a lot of the direct translations and add their own flair to it or slang (usually trying to use american expressions to explain japanese sayings, mangastream is pretty bad with this) and it just makes the scan confusing and inaccutate.. Id rather a busted google direct translation into some mess of and engrish dump and then discern it for myself than read a scanlation where they change the meanings all together just to make it sound cool or clique

Question:

Will Bach eventually suck up all his power from all the quincies and make himself whole again? Im still confused about how this power absorbing thing works, and what is he the king of? Maybe the original SS king?
    A pie in the sky?

Quote Originally Posted by Anticrobotic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    Yeah I agree, plus some scanlators like to take a lot of the direct translations and add their own flair to it or slang (usually trying to use american expressions to explain japanese sayings, mangastream is pretty bad with this) and it just makes the scan confusing and inaccutate.. Id rather a busted google direct translation into some mess of and engrish dump and then discern it for myself than read a scanlation where they change the meanings all together just to make it sound cool or clique

Question:

Will Bach eventually suck up all his power from all the quincies and make himself whole again? Im still confused about how this power absorbing thing works, and what is he the king of? Maybe the original SS king?
    Mangastream used to be solid and unfettered with feathery faked American slangs and idioms. Too bad because with the talent they have they could have excelled. I'd rather have a translation that uses the direct Japanese to English words, except for when the intended meaning is compromised, then I want the everyday Evening News lingual equivalent.

NOOOO! Bach is only King of Quincies since he is the first quincy ever, and all other quincies are genetically descended from him, or from his gene manipulation techniques.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post

Question:

With all the "9s" in his legend, you should know that he is a member of the "Invisible 9", likely a part of the "Gespenster Jäger", with all that bluish Quincy light and the like, or perhaps rather part of the "Gott Jäger".

But seriously, the number 9 is quite likely a sacred number to Quincy, though the number 5 seems pretty holy to them as well...

Supposedly there is a limit to how much he can suck up and hold at a time. It was also confirmed by Opie (a similar technique was likely used), that all additional power beyond what the user originally had, will fade away in a short time (like that Hollow's power dissapearing slowly from Opie in the middle of his fight with Ichigo). So basically Bach sucked only the amount of power he originally had. While it is quite possible that he is able to suck power from all Quincy, but that additional power would quickly fade away one way or another. I can see this as his trump card against the Soul King.

Then again you have to wonder if the sucked up power can be restored, in similar fashion to how Ryuken restored Uryu's after SS arc. Seeing as Ryuken doesn't want to aid Bach, it's possible that his power was also sucked, but perhaps Souken later restored his power and thus is the way how Ryuken learned the way to restore Quincy powers.

It also seems likely that only Pure Quincy might be able to achieve Complete Holy Form, otherwise they would have already owned SS if all of them could use it.

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    Mangastream used to be solid and unfettered with feathery faked American slangs and idioms. Too bad because with the talent they have they could have excelled. I'd rather have a translation that uses the direct Japanese to English words, except for when the intended meaning is compromised, then I want the everyday Evening News lingual equivalent.

NOOOO! Bach is only King of Quincies since he is the first quincy ever, and all other quincies are genetically descended from him, or from his gene manipulation techniques.
    That's one possibility.

Remember how Urahara described the importance of Soul King to Aizen? He said that if the King would be destroyed, the balance would crumble. What balance?

The existence of balance iplies that there is counter balance. And Quincy, are the existential opposite of Shinigami.

Perhaps all Quincy powers come from one "King", which is the oposite of the Soul King, which in turn is the source that bestowes it's powers onto Shinigami.

Just food for thought.

@Yellow,

For now I am trying to keep it simple. There is far more to Juha Bach than we have seen yet, but I don't think I like the comparison to the soul king. For one thing the SK is a very ancient entity that doesn't deem to age, and he could well be the progenitor of both Shinigami and Quincies. If you look at the example of SO6P in Naruto, it is not imediately obvious to the world that Both Uchiha and Senju are sibling tribes, yet the two are Opposites much as Yin is opposite of Yang. There is more than enough room for Quincies and Shinigami to be similarly related.

@paulbee

oh, but i agree. Ishin implies that Juha is the king, because quincy are all his offspring, and their powers come from him. And this by all acounts, is enough for them to consider him a king. I don't disagree with that. The right thing to do now, is to assume that there is nothing more to him being king.

I'm just trying to wrap my head around things now that the flashback is over, and we know a little more about Ichigo. And i'm poking at places, and coming up with little theories.

The thing that saddens me, is that i see no reason why Ishin could have witheld all of this info from Ichigo and his sisters. I was assuming he'd be doing it for protection, but that doesn't seem to be the case. There is nothing here that's so bad Ichigo would have a hard time handling it.

I mean doesn't anyone else think that it's a little selfish of Ishin to keep all of this to himself all along? Ichigo used to think he was responsible for the death of his mother for christ sake. If i were Ishin, i'd tell him the truth sooner.

oh, and Ishin being an irresponsible father is no excuse IMO.

I can see where Isshin might have told Ichigo, but not the Sisters who could not see spirits. As to a possible reason for not telling Ichigo, Shingamis probably still held a prejudice against Quincies, and MAYBE, just Maybe SS did not know that Ichigo is the offspring of a Shinigami crossed with a Quincy. Perhaps he may have faced further danger and ostracization from SS if they had known earlier on.

Then why take up the name "Kurosaki"? Making the connection by name alone might be a lillte far fetched yes, but you'd think if he were trying to hide quincy involvement, that would be a good place to start. Also weren't Shinigami overlooking (as in, checking up on/spying on) known quincy families? If they knew about Uryu's, they could have known about Kurosaki's just aswell. So in that sense, making the connection by name isn't implausible at all.

Also, we know that at least Karin has become pretty adept eversince Ichigo lost his powers, and Yuzu might not be far behind. I don't know, honestly i still feel like i'm missing something here.

Didn't Ishida Uryu had something in his body,that the captain with his head sickle of SS would be able to find him?