• So So

1 11.11%
  • Bad

0 0%
  • Terrible

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I just noticed, Boo Chinjao has 3 axes. You thin he uses 3 axe style? XP

Also, with Bellamy, he really likes knives doesn't he? Explains why his first mate was a guy with big knives XP.
    Aggravate, Anger, and Piss off

Damn.....Don Chinjou has a bounty over 500 million! What the sort of hell hole has Oda created for the NW?! Absolutely love it.

Just what is the NW bounty average if we have a retired pirate who broke a continent in half and had/has a 500 million beri bounty busting in this early? I know we've all had our best, realistic--sometimes outrageous--predictions for the SHs ultimate bounties, but now it's looking like everyone passing or at least coming near 100 million is not too much of a stretch. The MT are almost guaranteed above 300 I'd say. Kaido's 500 Zoan army, Burgess's appearance were both overwhelming, but chapter after chapter the Dressrosa arc is accelerating the chaos of the NW and the hell the SHs will have to face in order to make it with each new character, each new ability (my money is with kiduka and force repulsion; Bartomeleo is almost certainly going to get King Elizabello's punch), and each new overwhelming challenge and triumph against the odds. Again, new bounties are certain this arc.

Furthermore, I've been thinking about Elizabello's punch. Is he truly a one hit KO punch fighter? He hasn't been shown to be fighting, and everyone is working to protect him. Does this mean he cannot gauge the power of his punches and that he is always on full throttle, where no matter the intent, his first punch thrown is his ultimate attack? Seems like a worthless fighting style to me, especially if it does come down to Bartomoleo having some force backfire ability.

I'd also like to say how sick Bellamy looked this chapter, and that the scars Don Chinjao is referring to still aching may be the concave on the top of his head. He did hold it while saying that line, and maybe Garp gave him one punch like Luffy did, almost shattering his famous unbreakable skull. Just a thought!
    Last edited by Blackriot69; 05-09-2013 at 05:22 PM.

Elizabello is not fighting because once he throws his punch, he has to recharge for a long time. So it's better if he stays protected and only uses it for the strongest fighter that they encounter.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Currently reading/watching:
    One Piece, Naruto, Shingeki no Kyojin, Kenichi, Hajime No Ippo The Rising, Hunter x Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfox87 View Post
    Elizabello is not fighting because once he throws his punch, he has to recharge for a long time. So it's better if he stays protected and only uses it for the strongest fighter that they encounter.
    That's exactly what I'm getting at. Aside from Elizabello having that one punch, he is effectively useless as a fighter, if not a liability. For a country's royal strategist, Dagama is a fool for throwing all his bets in his king's one KO punch. I wonder what Dagama intends to do after Bartolomeo effectively makes Elizabello kill himself.......

I also want to point out that Don Chinjao looks mighty creepy when he's angry. Like Santa Clause meets It......
    Last edited by Blackriot69; 05-10-2013 at 10:48 PM.

Also...in what way does Elizabello hope to possibly survive any later rounds? Not only will he not have a wall of noobs to protect his hide, but he will also be without his ONLY means of fighting back.

Also, Bartolomeo already has a devil's fruit--why is really here, I wonder?

THEY CANCELLED THE REAL PIRATE KINGS OF RAFTEL?!!!

Proud (and confused) subscriber of Shonen Jump Alpha.

I would like to see Belamy vs the one punch knock out, his spring would be the perfect counter to a brute force attack. He could throw it back at him with even more force than it was sent out with, maybe break dressrosa in half lol. Even a killer headbutt to a perfectly mastered spring would be bounced back no? Unless its a haki battle and then its whoever can overpower the others haki etc. Then it would be belamy and bartolomew in the end
    A pie in the sky?

Quote Originally Posted by Sirxxx View Post
    Also...in what way does Elizabello hope to possibly survive any later rounds? Not only will he not have a wall of noobs to protect his hide, but he will also be without his ONLY means of fighting back.

Also, Bartolomeo already has a devil's fruit--why is really here, I wonder?
    Exactly. While he could possibly re-power between rounds, he would still only have that one punch that will likely fail him in the end. I highly doubt this punch is all it's cracked up to be. Yonkou KO my....

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    I would like to see Belamy vs the one punch knock out, his spring would be the perfect counter to a brute force attack. He could throw it back at him with even more force than it was sent out with, maybe break dressrosa in half lol. Even a killer headbutt to a perfectly mastered spring would be bounced back no? Unless its a haki battle and then its whoever can overpower the others haki etc. Then it would be belamy and bartolomew in the end
    Depends. Why would someone like Hack, a Fishman, want to lose half his identity? Why would members of multiple countries, pairings, or families all join? After the fact you get to work together to eliminate most of the fighters in your block, it still comes down to only one person advancing. Backstabbing anyone? (Dagama's strategy upon Elizabello failing?) For the most part, I believe the rarity and infamy of the Mera Mera speaks enough about why people wish to risk their lives for this tournament. Also, if a participant/pirate captain like Bartomoleo who already has a DF (assuming that is what Bartomoleo has) would win, he could always hand it off to some crew member or even sell it for some treasure/advantage. That's what Luffy is doing afterall; winning the Mera Mera so he can choose who he wishes to eat it (Rebecca?), or at the very least safeguard it from being eaten by someone he doesn't care for.

Regarding haki, I've been wondering if that would be cause for disqualification in the battle royale. Sure it's not a gun per say, but could it technically be considered a form of firearm? I could honestly see Luffy not understanding this or Doflamingo making up an impromptu rule change that bans the use of haki (assuming it is allowed; we haven't seen anyone use it yet though...) and Luffy winding up not even having a chance at winning his brother's DF.

Really, I'm interested in how long Oda wishes to make this B block battle last. We've dwindled down to 30 fighters, but that's getting down to the top tier of the top group already. And still we have no idea who will win! Each contestant continues to surprise and surpass the expectations. I do believe it remains Bellamy and Bartomoleo in the end, with Ricky possibly being the wild card. I can honestly see it coming down to Bartomoleo vs Elizabello and Bellamy vs Ricky in the final four of the their block.

Well, like you guys said they could be after if for many reasons, Bellamy and Luffy do not care about eating it and others such as rebecca and cavendash do.

But, Bartolomeo could be trying to give it to a crew member, he could be trying to sell it, he could possibly not have a DF and is looking to eat it, or maybe he is plotting to use the DF as leverage to gain a war lord spot. If law got his by delivering hearts, Bartolomeo could gain a spot by handing the DF, of ACE, the son of Rodger, WB crew commander, over to the gov.

Also, its possible that oda pulls a tie situation on us, or and have doflamingo change the rules to let more than one fighter advance just for shits and giggles. I thought Hack could have been a contender till he got knocked out, so now it seems like its down to Ricky, Bartolomeo, and Bellamy.

C block and D block should not be as up in the air.
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by cross777 View Post
    Also, its possible that oda pulls a tie situation on us, or and have doflamingo change the rules to let more than one fighter advance just for shits and giggles. I thought Hack could have been a contender till he got knocked out, so now it seems like its down to Ricky, Bartolomeo, and Bellamy.

C block and D block should not be as up in the air.
    Nothing is ever certain with Oda. As you said, blocks D and most definitely C shouldn't be as uncertain to who the winner will be. Even so, look how crazy B has been, and how ridiculous some of the fighters in the block have been. Now consider C block has a former pirate worth over 500 million beris and now Luffy's clear cut win is complicated. In theory, if Oda wanted to make Luffy's block end as quickly as Burgess in A, all he'd have to do is have Luffy stand on the edge of the arena, activate Elephant Gatling and mow the competition off. However, as we know, Oda won't make things that easy for the key character, especially not while he's creating sub-storylines such as a vengeful grandfather out to punish him for Luffy's own grandfather's scourge on the former. It'll be interesting how this all ends up, especially if Oda pulls the crazy idea of having Luffy defeated/disqualified during C block.

Yeah, i think that would be a wonderful little twist. I think if luffy does go out some how, I think that a few things are likely to happen. We could then see an old face who luffy trusts pop up in this tournament some how, or we could see the next crew member emerge and gain luffy's trust. Or we might see a wild car round of some kind, or Flamingo might show up and offer luffy a deal, to ditch law for the DF. ? ? ?
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]