• So So

0 0%
  • Bad

0 0%
  • Terrible

0 0%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    Out of the Four known species, Shinigami, Human, Hollow, and Quincy, There is only one that can routinely Materialize solid objects from spirit particles. The Quincy Bow they use as a weapon is Materialized by Quincies as they please. I am contending that Ichigo Manifested Zangetsu (the Sword) from His own Reiatsu and from nearby Reishi.

Normal Shinigami require an Asauchi into which they pump their Reiatsu, Ichigo subconsciously used his innate Quincy abilities to Materialise Zangetsu without the need for an Asauchi.

Normal Quincies only materialise a bow, but Ichigo being part Shinigami, his proclivity was to a sword rather than to a bow. So now, once Ichigo comes to terms with his Quincy side and gets a little help, he'll be able to rematerialise Zangetsu and any other object perhaps. Also note that Quincies are highly skilled at manipulating spirit particles (reishi).

In fact if my memory serves correctly, Ichigo has Materialised Zangetsu Twice. The first time was under Urahara's shop, and the second time was when he regained his Shinigami powers. Both times he did it without an Asauchi. No other shinigami has ever done this before, this obviously has to be a Quincy act.
    No, or at least not quite. It's not always shown but the Quincy always use something as a medium to materialize their weapons. The standard Quincy use the Quincy Cross to materialize their Kujaku(bows), or other tools, like the Seiren Glove, or Bach using another medallion on his chest to pull out his sword (then he uses this sword or the air, to pull a bow, that pulls out another sword-arrow...). The only thing that they truly take out from thin air, are their arrows.

What's interesting is that Yamamoto implied that once Fach's sword was destroyed, he wouldn't be able to recreate it (at least not in the same battle). It is quite interesting, because this means that their better weapons are crafted by the user that pours his reiatsu on it through days, weeks, month or years, in similar fashion how Ishida was able to create a stable, solid bow from the glove thanks to his training. It was shown that when he first started training with the glove, he wasn't able to pull out the solid form, but after training it day and night, it finally gained a proper form. Ryuken, Uryu, the Stern Ritters have showed that they are able to create a more solid weapons, for now it wasn't revealed if they have their own blacksmiths (Ryuken himself was able to create Soul Cutter-arrow, but it is unknown how), or if they polish their weapons with their own energy until those gain proper forms.

If it's true that Getsuga Tenshou is an Isshin Clan Technique, Then Older Shinigamis like Yamamoto Genrussai, Like Kyouraku, Like Unohana, should know it very well. They Should have recognized the name and the technique when Ichigo was throwing it all over the place.

Make one think that SS knew who Ichigo was, but for some reason they decided to take no overt action regarding him. Perhaps The Spirit King an /or Squad Zero Had forbidden them from harming Ichigo as long as he commited no crimes.

I suspect that the Spirit King may have had his eyes on Ichigo for quite a while now.
    When Ichigo first came to SS, they didn't have the chance to see Getsuga Tenshou. The only Shinigami that have seen it at the time of the SS arc, are Urahara, Tessei, Renji?, Byakuya and Yoruichi.

Byakuya didn't recognize GT, but it's likely that no many people would recognize WE either, since in this case it was a final technique of the Noble Kuchiki Clan that needs to be mastered in order to become the new Clan Head. Assuming that Byakuya's bankai hasn't returned, he might be teaching it to Rukia (beside Bankai of course), since it seems to be the strongest technique he posses, quite similar to FGT, since both of them uses all the energy for one attack (though FGT is way more extreme).

The name fits very well with what the Shiba clan does - taking care of transport for the RG, by literally piercing the heavens with a fang (pillar).

So, is Ishin an unlicensed doctor, or did Urahara prepare a fake license for him ?

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    9 years ago seems kind of long, is Karin and Yuzu 9 or younger? Maybe they aren't even his sisters? Either way neat chapter, nice info and good art. Im interested in seeing What Ichigo will do with all this info now, I actually didn't realize it was Isshin telling the story to Ichigo the whole time lol.

I really like your theory Paul! I hope its true too cause that would solve a lot of problems, and add some depth to the story and make it seem like Kubo wasn't pulling this story from his ass as he goes haha.
    From what I remember they are both 4 years younger than Ichigo (twins, or were they born 9 months after each other within the same year ?).
    Last edited by Zero; 05-08-2013 at 10:32 PM.

Que gatito mas leeendo!!! hikonami's Avatar
    I've thinking that there has to be another reason why ryuken hates quincies so much, he didn't train uryuu. i think maybe uryuu's mom might be katagiri. i think he got disapointed when loosing masaki i guess hw cared for her more than a cousin does....
    Miau, Miau, Miau.....prrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hikonami View Post
    I've thinking that there has to be another reason why ryuken hates quincies so much, he didn't train uryuu. i think maybe uryuu's mom might be katagiri. i think he got disapointed when loosing masaki i guess hw cared for her more than a cousin does....
    ...huh ? Ryuken hating Quincy ? Nah, that was a misunderstanding on Uryu's side. Ryuken doesn't hate the Quincy (he did complete his training), neither being one, he is just too well aware that Quincy can't save the living, nor the dead, they work only to destroy the lost. What's more, being a Quincy won't put food on the table, will not warm you up in winter and the like... after all there are some limitations to what they can do with spirit particles, especially within the real world in which there is a small density of it (in the living world being a Fullbringers seems more useful than being a Quincy).

Basically, taking care of his family (now only his son) is way more important to Ryuken than preserving the Quincy.

It would be interesting to find out what happened to Katagiri. An interesting approach might be if Katagiri and Masaki both died in the same incident. I can't really recall any mention of Katagiri until this sequence.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    ...huh ? Ryuken hating Quincy ? Nah, that was a misunderstanding on Uryu's side. Ryuken doesn't hate the Quincy (he did complete his training), neither being one, he is just too well aware that Quincy can't save the living, nor the dead, they work only to destroy the lost. What's more, being a Quincy won't put food on the table, will not warm you up in winter and the like... after all there are some limitations to what they can do with spirit particles, especially within the real world in which there is a small density of it (in the living world being a Fullbringers seems more useful than being a Quincy).

Basically, taking care of his family (now only his son) is way more important to Ryuken than preserving the Quincy.
    Hate may be a strong word but Ryuken definitely now disdains the quincy. It is clear that preserving the quincy line and being a good little quincy was pretty much everything to him when he was younger, but something had to have happened to turn him off so much to the point where he is no longer even a practicing quincy. Masaki's hollow problems were probably the start of it but I suspect there is more to his story that is yet to come...

Out of the Four known species, Shinigami, Human, Hollow, and Quincy, There is only one that can routinely Materialize solid objects from spirit particles. The Quincy Bow they use as a weapon is Materialized by Quincies as they please. I am contending that Ichigo Manifested Zangetsu (the Sword) from His own Reiatsu and from nearby Reishi.

Normal Shinigami require an Asauchi into which they pump their Reiatsu, Ichigo subconsciously used his innate Quincy abilities to Materialise Zangetsu without the need for an Asauchi.

Normal Quincies only materialise a bow, but Ichigo being part Shinigami, his proclivity was to a sword rather than to a bow. So now, once Ichigo comes to terms with his Quincy side and gets a little help, he'll be able to rematerialise Zangetsu and any other object perhaps. Also note that Quincies are highly skilled at manipulating spirit particles (reishi).

In fact if my memory serves correctly, Ichigo has Materialised Zangetsu Twice. The first time was under Urahara's shop, and the second time was when he regained his Shinigami powers. Both times he did it without an Asauchi. No other shinigami has ever done this before, this obviously has to be a Quincy act.
    Well, to be precise, Ichigo did have an asauchi when he first turned into a shinigami. He had Rukia's. It has been shown that asauchi do not "imprint" per se to their original owners and that someone else can in fact use them. This is what happened when Rukia first stabbed Ichigo with her asauchi. It is unclear whether he absorbed her asauchi and then reconstituted his own or whether her asauchi just swelled with his power, but an asauchi was involved in the process. Later when he gets his own shinigami powers, the hilt from that asauchi(or absorbed essence of it) was the basis of his own zanpakuto Zangetsu.
    Last edited by SquadZero; 05-09-2013 at 12:04 AM.

It would be interesting to find out what happened to Katagiri. An interesting approach might be if Katagiri and Masaki both died in the same incident. I can't really recall any mention of Katagiri until this sequence.
    Hmmmmm... well the "pure" Quincy see the "non-pure" ones as expendables, so... and we still didn't see Ryuken's father, very, very fishy.

Anyway I was rereading this chapter and noticed that in the inner world Masaki's breasts are bigger than her head but in the real world they aren't... is it because of the low gravity in her inner world, her imagination, wishes ? Does the fact that Kubo married not so long ago has something to do with the upped level of echines ? Or is it to gain more votes ?

There was one interesting line that Ryuken pulled out in Mangastream version: "...Ryuken... is not fit to lead the Quincy..." but in the Mangareader version it went: "...Ryuken...isn't able to protect the Quincy...". The title of the Last Quincy that Ryuken bears, seems to suggest that mangareader version is more correct, since more or less that is the job of the Last Quincy, to protect the remaining line of the Quincy, yet the mangastream mentions leading the Quincy, but we know that Bach is the one leading them so what's going on here ? Are they perhaps royalty within the Quincy or what ?

...9 years ago on june 17th, but Ishin said a few times to Ichigo and Urahara that she died 13 years ago (since he said 10 years, 3 years ago), so her dying 9 (then 6) was correct by Ichigo. So, what is going on again ? Oh right, this means that his mother died 9 years ago when he was 9.

Yuzu and Karin are now 14 years ago (since 3 years ago they were 11).

It's pretty sweet that Kubo included the orbit thing again:
    old:
    Spoiler!

new:
    Spoiler!

Anyway, shouldn't Urahara be considered more of a Uncle ? Or perhaps he is Ichigo's Godfather :O.

Que gatito mas leeendo!!! hikonami's Avatar
    shouldn't yoruichi have apperead in this flashback??? i've understood she left ss with urahara....shouldn't she be there??????
    Miau, Miau, Miau.....prrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hikonami View Post
    shouldn't yoruichi have apperead in this flashback??? i've understood she left ss with urahara....shouldn't she be there??????
    Yeah, Kubo has just sorta forgotten about her it seems. It's a shame, if anyone should be featured for fan service it should be her. He could have at least shown a black cat lounging around Urahara's place or something.

Quote Originally Posted by SquadZero View Post
    Yeah, Kubo has just sorta forgotten about her it seems. It's a shame, if anyone should be featured for fan service it should be her. He could have at least shown a black cat lounging around Urahara's place or something.
    At the beginning of the series when Yoruichi came to Urahara Shop, the kids in there didn't recognize her. This means that Yoruichi rarely came to Urahara shop, probably walking between words and reporting from time to time to Urahra or something like that, until the time came to proceed with the plan.

It's not like they showed Tessai either.

In a way, Urahara is a master of both, father and son :p. He taught Ichigo how to fight, while Ishin how to heal people (Ishin have at least advanced his studies under Urahara).

I wonder if Kaien is already dead at this point in time ?

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    I wonder if Kaien is already dead at this point in time ?
    I doubt that the 13th squad would be unable to find itself a vice captain for 20 years.