View Poll Results: Rate this Chapter

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Excellent

    6 37.50%
  • Great

    5 31.25%
  • So So

    4 25.00%
  • Bad

    0 0%
  • Terrible

    1 6.25%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 65
  1. #41
    Yesss... Rlinfamous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    River Falls, WI
    Posts
    3,417
    Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    Famous, Kabuto may have lost Oro's Chakra, But the White snake cells he injected in himself have taken over and transformed his body physically as seen when he attacked the Giant Turtle island. He is definitely a white snake snas Oro's chakra.
    Quite possible, I just wonder if that White Snake transformation was a result/usage of Oro's chakra (similar to other chakra-induced transformations, such as Juugo's or various Bijuu Modes). Kabuto no longer looked scaly when we last saw him, which is different than he's been ever since he first implanted Orochimaru's cells... so he might have completely reverted back.

  2. #42
    Senior Member paulbee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Fargo, North Dakota USA
    Posts
    6,849
    Quote Originally Posted by Rlinfamous View Post
    Quite possible, I just wonder if that White Snake transformation was a result/usage of Oro's chakra (similar to other chakra-induced transformations, such as Juugo's or various Bijuu Modes). Kabuto no longer looked scaly when we last saw him, which is different than he's been ever since he first implanted Orochimaru's cells... so he might have completely reverted back.
    I think Kishi is playing with Credulity. Kabuto may have had Oro's chakra, but the white snake has its own regenerative abilities independently of Orochimaru himself. Oro himself derived some/most of his abilities from the white snake so I'd be disappointed if Kishimoto took the White Snake ability from Kabuto completely just because Oro withdrew his chakra, it just wouldn't be consistent story telling for something as potent as the white Snakes' abilities to vanish into thin air.

    I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

  3. #43
    Senior Member Zero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,773
    Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    I think Kishi is playing with Credulity. Kabuto may have had Oro's chakra, but the white snake has its own regenerative abilities independently of Orochimaru himself. Oro himself derived some/most of his abilities from the white snake so I'd be disappointed if Kishimoto took the White Snake ability from Kabuto completely just because Oro withdrew his chakra, it just wouldn't be consistent story telling for something as potent as the white Snakes' abilities to vanish into thin air.
    Nope, it was all Oro's Senjutsu Chakra's doing all along. The moment it was taken out, any traces of snake-likeish have disappeared from Kabuto, likely along with other's chakra, seeing as only Kabuto's remained. The cells itself weren't the source of mutation, but the Sage Chakra in them, similar to how it is with Jyugo's and CS's mutations/transformations. Sasuke's advanced regeneration have disappeared as well the moment that Oro was taken out of him.

    The White Snake, quite likely refers to the Sage Snake. His abilities as well are likely a result of using Senjutsu, so Oro implanting his cells to himself is the same thing as Kabuto implanting Oro's cells to himself.

    Every single mutation within Narutoverse, comes down to Chakra and Natural Energy. That's how it is.



  4. #44
    Yesss... Rlinfamous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    River Falls, WI
    Posts
    3,417
    It just occurred to me that, with all this talk about how "The Rin that died was a fake" on top of Hinata's claim that forgetting the memories of the fallen would be "what it truly means to kill their comrades" makes me think that Obito will have a change of heart when Kakashi reveals that Rin's last words were, "Go ahead without me, Kakashi... I'll be waiting for you with Obito."

    Something to make Obito acknowledge that the real Rin was waiting for him all along, and never truly left him... and that he was the one who abandoned her. Because from Rin's perspective, Obito died first... if she felt that dying allowed her to wait with him, than to her the dead Obito was still "real."

    I get that Obito's gripes with the Shinobi world are a lot bigger than just Rin's death... but it was Rin's death that made him hate reality and decide to simply erase it. Maybe if he could acknowledge that death isn't truly the end, he'd be able to see that changing the real Shinobi world is the correct way to go about things... I dunno.

  5. #45
    Senior Member paulbee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Fargo, North Dakota USA
    Posts
    6,849
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Nope, it was all Oro's Senjutsu Chakra's doing all along. The moment it was taken out, any traces of snake-likeish have disappeared from Kabuto, likely along with other's chakra, seeing as only Kabuto's remained. The cells itself weren't the source of mutation, but the Sage Chakra in them, similar to how it is with Jyugo's and CS's mutations/transformations. Sasuke's advanced regeneration have disappeared as well the moment that Oro was taken out of him.

    The White Snake, quite likely refers to the Sage Snake. His abilities as well are likely a result of using Senjutsu, so Oro implanting his cells to himself is the same thing as Kabuto implanting Oro's cells to himself.

    Every single mutation within Narutoverse, comes down to Chakra and Natural Energy. That's how it is.
    Orochimaru himself gained his power from the white snake, I cannot see why or how Kishi would preclude Kabuto from merely replicating Oro's deeds.

    Don't forget that Kabuto took cells from not only Orochimaru, but also from Juugo (and Karin, and Tayuya).

    You might explain things away if Orochimaru alone were his source, however, the capabilities obtained from Juugo and Karin are independent of Orochimaru's sage chakra, and I am saying that it would be inadequate story telling for Kishi to brush off any impacts and or residual abilities gained from the other Ninjas, that were not related to Orochimaru.

    I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

  6. #46
    The French Tickler pratesh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    380
    I hope that Kabuto still has his sage ability. IMO Orochimaru only took back his chakra, and not anything else. It would be really weird for Orochimaru to be able to take the skills Kabuto unlocked via his training with the Sage Snake. What I think happened is that Orochimaru's chakra was an essential part for Kabuto to unlock and be able to use the Dragon Sage mode. So with Oro removing his Chakra, Kabuto lost his "key component" for the sage mode.

    Now lets consider other things: If Kishi makes it so that Oro absorbed all of Kabuto's Dragon Mode, then Oro would now be in possession of this completed Dragon mode. Does that mean that Oro also absorbed the DNA from the jar that he and Kabuto were filling up based on their experiments?

    naruto-3253859.jpg

    Because if so Oro would be able to use techniques from people like Sakon, Jirobou and even Sasuke. With that said, is it possible that Oro has the sharingan as well(well when he pull out Sasuke)?

    naruto-3253887.jpgnaruto-3280933.jpg

    And if Oro didn't pull out the DNA that they collected from Kabuto's body, then Kabuto would probably be able to still use the Sakon Jirobou or even Sasuke form.

    Now also, If Oro was able to pull out his chakra from Kabuto, does that mean that Hashi can do the same to Madara?

  7. #47
    Senior Member Zero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,773
    Quote Originally Posted by pratesh View Post
    I hope that Kabuto still has his sage ability. IMO Orochimaru only took back his chakra, and not anything else. It would be really weird for Orochimaru to be able to take the skills Kabuto unlocked via his training with the Sage Snake. What I think happened is that Orochimaru's chakra was an essential part for Kabuto to unlock and be able to use the Dragon Sage mode. So with Oro removing his Chakra, Kabuto lost his "key component" for the sage mode.

    Now lets consider other things: If Kishi makes it so that Oro absorbed all of Kabuto's Dragon Mode, then Oro would now be in possession of this completed Dragon mode. Does that mean that Oro also absorbed the DNA from the jar that he and Kabuto were filling up based on their experiments?

    naruto-3253859.jpg

    Because if so Oro would be able to use techniques from people like Sakon, Jirobou and even Sasuke. With that said, is it possible that Oro has the sharingan as well(well when he pull out Sasuke)?

    naruto-3253887.jpgnaruto-3280933.jpg

    And if Oro didn't pull out the DNA that they collected from Kabuto's body, then Kabuto would probably be able to still use the Sakon Jirobou or even Sasuke form.

    Now also, If Oro was able to pull out his chakra from Kabuto, does that mean that Hashi can do the same to Madara?
    I think that Orochimaru's chakra was like the Frog Oil, it made it easier to master/enter Sage Mode (Jiraya still needed to use it to enter it though). The effect is even similar.

    I'm pretty sure that Oro took all, but Kabuto's chakra, since Jyugo mentions that Kabuto's is intact and well he knew Kabuto from a long time, so he would know if it was any different from the old days, while Oro's chakra was already mixed with others.

    The Zetsu Body itself is quite likely a perfect body for a Sage Mode user, plus Hashirama himself possessed a perfect Sage Mode, so one way or the other, Oro finally posses a body capable of mastering Sage Mode.

    That's an interesting thought and perhaps quite likely. This would make anyone with Hashirama's cells/chakra a source of power for Hashirama himself.



  8. #48
    The French Tickler pratesh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    380
    @Zero, does that mean that Orochimaru can when in sage mode, pull out a Sasuke "clone" capable of using all of Sasuke's techniques including the use of a Sharingan? If so, whilst its a twisted means of obtaining the Sharingan, Orochimaru has indeed succeeded.

  9. #49
    Senior Member paulbee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Fargo, North Dakota USA
    Posts
    6,849
    If Hashirama can extract his cells (by extension, his chakra) from Madara, that would be a very nice way to wrap up Madara's part in the story. You also have to wonder whether Tobirama has a way to for ET to End, he created the technique and might have some knowledge regarding ET that he had kept to himself.

    Man, this week was so much better than the last 2 weeks when we were suffering from Naruto Withdrawal Syndrome. Painfull!!!

    @ Pratesh,

    I don't really get why a Dr. Frankenstein like Orochimaru ever wanted or needed Sasuke's body when he could have grown a clone.

    I take that back, he may have grown a clone, but causing the clones Eye to reach full power an MS Sharingan (and now an EMS) would have been difficult for a none Uchiha. Actually I have to go back and read some chapters to be sure of my ideas.

    I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

  10. #50
    Senior Member Zero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,773
    ^ I think the greatest problem itself would be how to cultivate the eye so that it will reach necessary levels. Achieving MS seemed like something impossible for Orochimaru the way he was. Even if he had cloned Sasuke, he would need to give him something worth dying for, something important and then take it away from him, so that his eyes could mature through pain and suffering, in a way that wouldn't turn him against Oro. It would likely take time and there is no way to foresee if the results would be even half as good (just look on how many people Oro had to experiment with CS in order to achieve acceptable results). Yes, Oro is good, but he is not Aizen, I doubt that he would have been able to control the clone's life as well as Aizen could control Ichigo's.

    It's quite obvious that Oro wanted, or would have to obtain MS and later EMS, seeing as he was chasing after So6p and thus his Rinnegan.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •