2 20.00%
  • So So

2 20.00%
  • Bad

0 0%
  • Terrible

0 0%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    okay so we got the 4 corners thing Quincy <---> Shingami & Hollow <---> Human

so that's how he stabilized those Vizards.

- Ichigo go was born with all 4 boundaries Human, Shingami, Quincy & Hollow within his soul thus he was balanced.

- finally now we know why he never returned to SS but how she died seems mysterious.

- Did Aizen purposely kill her off ?

anyways good chapter we finally got some story line development rather than mindless action with blank pages.

Fire type

What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    But if the hollow was simply passed onto Ichigo, that would negate what Urahara said about Masaki's Soul and The Hollows souls being mixed together, not only that, but if the hollow literally passed on to Ichigo, then Masaki would be free of it, and her Quincy powers should have returned?
    Well, it's possible that Masaki passed everything to Ichigo, seeing as she seemingly saw the Hollow or just the girl bait as well and jumped before Ichigo, so perhaps her powers did return. Was there even mention that she would loose any powers ? The Vizard themselves only gained more power. Then again, it was shown that a Quincy loosing his/her power, doesn't mean loosing soul perception (indifference to Shinigami).

I'm pretty sure that Ichigo's birth might not have been such a simple thing. It's even possible that the reason why Ryuken became a doctor, might be because they needed a doctor with enough power.

The translations after Ishin cut down Grandfisher aren't too good, but one of them mentions that Ishin wasn't using his Shinigami powers for 20 years, while the last time he met an incomplete Arrancar was over 10 years ago, suggesting that something might have happened around 1-9 years after the current flashback (this might point to Ichigo's birth).

Oh right there is one more interesting thing that Ishin mentions in one of the translations after finishing off Grandfishar, that he didn't hate that hollow as much as he said and that he regretted not saving Masaki that night for 20 years (http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...88-page-7.html). In short, it's possible that by "that hollow" he meant Hichigo and not Granfisher, while the night that he couldn't save her, might refer to the current chapter's time, or the time that Masaki was bitten.

I'm not sure but I think that I remember that one of Urahara's crimes mentioned somewhere within the SS arc but not within the TBTP (quite an interesting thing kukukuku), was a creation and usage of Gigai that turned Shinigami into Humans... yeah, looks like SS knew about Ishin, but not that he had a son it seems ? No, that's not quite right, after all the SS was not only preparing but prepared for another Substitute Shinigami, so...

@Zero,

How old is Ichigo, about 17 yrs old, right?

Well then 20yrs ago was before he was born. What Isshin is saying is that He regretted not being able to save Masaki from Whitey. The attack that Changed Masaki happened 20yrs before Isshin destroyed the Grand Fisher.

Ichigo's birth would have happened about 3 yrs after the events in this Chapter.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

I wouldn't mind some more flashbacks, including Isshin and Masaki having to live together. I'm sure with Isshin's perverted nature and Ryuken's surprising fondness in Masaki that those chapter would turn out quite funny and informative.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Well, it's possible that Masaki passed everything to Ichigo, seeing as she seemingly saw the Hollow or just the girl bait as well and jumped before Ichigo, so perhaps her powers did return. Was there even mention that she would loose any powers ? The Vizard themselves only gained more power. Then again, it was shown that a Quincy loosing his/her power, doesn't mean loosing soul perception (indifference to Shinigami).

I'm pretty sure that Ichigo's birth might not have been such a simple thing. It's even possible that the reason why Ryuken became a doctor, might be because they needed a doctor with enough power.

The translations after Ishin cut down Grandfisher aren't too good, but one of them mentions that Ishin wasn't using his Shinigami powers for 20 years, while the last time he met an incomplete Arrancar was over 10 years ago, suggesting that something might have happened around 1-9 years after the current flashback (this might point to Ichigo's birth).

Oh right there is one more interesting thing that Ishin mentions in one of the translations after finishing off Grandfishar, that he didn't hate that hollow as much as he said and that he regretted not saving Masaki that night for 20 years (http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...88-page-7.html). In short, it's possible that by "that hollow" he meant Hichigo and not Granfisher, while the night that he couldn't save her, might refer to the current chapter's time, or the time that Masaki was bitten.
    Perhaps Masaki did get her own powers back when she passed off the hollow to Ichigo. Isshin of course did not gain his back because his shinigami reiatsu was keeping Ichigo's Quincy powers and the hollow in Ichigo supressed. Somehow when Grand Fisher attacks, Hichigo breaks loose for whatever reason(maybe Aizen had something to do with it), and pretty much ganks Masaki who was maybe busy fighting GF(who has to finish her off because he ate her essence). Of course she certainly would not use her returned powers to harm her son.

Later, Isshin gets his powers back when Ichigo gains his OWN shinigami powers(which is now suppressing his Quincy side), lets loose his hollow(which constantly battles his human side). After Ichigo loses all his power, he gains fullbring which basically harmonizes his hollow and human parts, loses most of it to Ginjou who could not take it all for some reason, then regains shinigami powers which are not really his per se, but maybe gets molded into something resembling Ichigo's own shinigami powers by his fullbringer reminant. Oh and those shinigami powers also somehow jumpstart Ichigo's Quincy powers who are not being suppressed any longer by Ichigo's own shinigami power. Perhaps something like that could have happened. lol

No matter how you play it, If masaki had her powers at the GF fight, she would win. Whitey was strong enough to give a captain problems and Masaki killed it. Hence she would easily own GF. IMO she was fighting at a disadvantage, and quite possibly with very little power.

Quote Originally Posted by pratesh View Post
    No matter how you play it, If masaki had her powers at the GF fight, she would win. Whitey was strong enough to give a captain problems and Masaki killed it. Hence she would easily own GF. IMO she was fighting at a disadvantage, and quite possibly with very little power.
    I am with you there Pratesh. There is NO WAY that Masaki would knowingly pass Whitey on to her son Ichigo, and if she had lost whitey otherwise, her powers would have returned. Ichigo was maybe 7yrs old by estimation at the time the KF attacked. That would mean that Masaki would have had some time to restore herself well enough to destroy something like the KF hollow if Whitey had left her body.

What probably happened was that Whitey became part of Masaki and in turn its influence imprinted onto Ichigo while gestating in her womb (as per fullbringer powers origin), or it could just be that Whitey Transfered itself to Ichigo when she died since Ichigo was present.

I am confident that Masaki did not/would never pass whitey onto her kids.

^ Well I'm sure parents would never knowingly pass things like AIDS on to their kids, but it happens. Remember this hollow behaves like an infection. Also, while I tend to believe that Masaki did NOT have her powers when she died I would not completely rule out the possibility, especially since Ichigo's blacking out during the GF confrontation looks sorta fishy now. I'm just saying that if Ichigo had gone hollow mode rager when GF attacked, anyone would be hard pressed fighting it while fending off their raging hollowfied son.

Anyway, I am reasonably sure that Whitey will be passed on to Ichigo upon his birth. The reason being something was keeping Isshin's powers locked up well beyond Masaki's death, probably right up to around when Ichigo gained his own shinigami powers. Anything beyond that is pretty much just wild speculation on my part.

@SquadZero, are you saying that Ichigo got a remnant/infection of whitey upon his birth whilst Masaki still carried the original infection, because if so it makes sense.

Isshin after killing GF and speaking with Urahara confirms that its been 20 yrs since the incident of Masaki's attack/infection. The conversation also goes on with Urahara asking how Isshin feels inside, implying that he was possibly tied to Masaki from his core.

What strikes me as more bizarre is the fact that Isshin says that its been 10 yrs since Masaki's death while Ichigo says that its only been 6. This conversation occurs when Ichigo and Isshin meet at Masaki's grave. Sure Isshin could be just forgetful, but I doubt he would forget such an important fact.

Another instance that this 10 yr period of her death is mentioned is when Isshin kills GF and then converses with Urahara. In some translations, the 10yr period is not mentioned so its possible that some translators made an error. Unless, Isshin views the day Masaki got bitten as the day she was dying.

[M7]Bleach-ch188-11.jpg

@Pratesh,

Ichigo is 17

Yuzu and Karin (Twins) are 7 yrs old.

Masaki had Twins before she died, so here death has to be 10yrs or less. Ichigo would be 7yrs or older.

If Masaki die 6yrs ago, then Ichigo would be 11 at the time. The Images of Ichigo at Masaki's death are more consistent with a 7yr old than an 11 yr old. I say that Isshin is correct and it was 10 yrs ago that Masaki died.