• So So

2 18.18%
  • Bad

0 0%
  • Terrible

1 9.09%
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by thebulk View Post
    Really? I haven't found OP as good as it used to be since the great war arc. After the time skip things seemed to be a little lost. Even Bleach is better these days. N not to mention with OP's kind of plot it really could go on for years and years.
    ....You aren't really saying any specific reason why you don't like One Piece at the moment. Personally I really like the direction One Piece is going, so I won't really be able to explain why you should give it a chance unless you tell me what you think is currently wrong with the series.
    Aggravate, Anger, and Piss off

At about the time I started with Naruto, I also looked at OP. I just couldn't get over the the art style which was too fantastical for me. It would be difficult to rejoin the Manga at this late stage.

Oh yeah I also found the "enthusiasm" of OP fans rather overwhelming, every chapter was "EPIC", and they yelled it at you continuously. Naruto fans on the other hand kept their enthusiasm to the Naruto forum, and almost never went out of their way to proclaim its superiority.

Bottom line, the Art work and the behaviour of OP fans in those days turned me off completely.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

True i should have explained myself. Frankly I'm one that prefers something more plot driven and to me OP hasn't had any real plot progress since the time skip. Even then nth much has really progress since they entered the new world, I mean there was so much hype about it happening and when it finally did, it was like meh. Not to mention the current gladiator? arc seems nth more than a good filler to me. Interesting yes but doesn't contribute to the plot much I feel.

Oh and Oda probably understands power levels as well as Kubo I think haha, I mean Luffy would probably stare Enel into submission right now the way he is and yet is still lightyears behind someone like Aokiji. Much like how Menos Grande was supposed to be the shit when it was 1st introduced haha
    Last edited by thebulk; 05-06-2013 at 09:49 AM.

...I went to the mangastream site and there was a Mario - Prelude, at which end it said that there will be a next chapter in June in Jump Square... if it is so and it is going to be serialized (unless it's another oneshot, or the one that was recently showed ?) next month, does this mean that Naruto ends in a 3-5 chapters from now :O ?

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    ...I went to the mangastream site and there was a Mario - Prelude, at which end it said that there will be a next chapter in June in Jump Square... if it is so and it is going to be serialized (unless it's another oneshot, or the one that was recently showed ?) next month, does this mean that Naruto ends in a 3-5 chapters from now :O ?
    3-5 chapters would be the worst thing imaginable... I'm assuming Mario is another oneshot?

Quote Originally Posted by thebulk View Post
    True i should have explained myself. Frankly I'm one that prefers something more plot driven and to me OP hasn't had any real plot progress since the time skip. Even then nth much has really progress since they entered the new world, I mean there was so much hype about it happening and when it finally did, it was like meh. Not to mention the current gladiator? arc seems nth more than a good filler to me. Interesting yes but doesn't contribute to the plot much I feel.

Oh and Oda probably understands power levels as we Kubo I think haha, I mean Luffy would probably stare Enel into submission right now the way he is and yet is still lightyears behind someone like Aokiji. Much like how Menos Grande was supposed to be the shit when it was 1st introduced haha
    Plot eh? Well there is plot.... but I get what you are saying, the characters do tend to get distracted A LOT by other side things. As a fan of games like Fallout I do like the idea, but I can see why you wouldn't. I also find it really hard to tell when a sub story is filler or not with One Piece, as it always seems to have some important effect later on, which some people really like about the series as well, but it can still get a lot of people confused.

And oh God, I hate the Whole Enel thing as well. Even though I get the idea behind it that Oda explained, he was still so fucking powerful compared to everyone except Luffy, And his "power level" has led to a few annoying arguments I've had with other One Piece Fans.

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    At about the time I started with Naruto, I also looked at OP. I just couldn't get over the the art style which was too fantastical for me. It would be difficult to rejoin the Manga at this late stage.

Oh yeah I also found the "enthusiasm" of OP fans rather overwhelming, every chapter was "EPIC", and they yelled it at you continuously. Naruto fans on the other hand kept their enthusiasm to the Naruto forum, and almost never went out of their way to proclaim its superiority.

Bottom line, the Art work and the behaviour of OP fans in those days turned me off completely.
    I've found One Piece fans are less "everything is perfect" nowadays. They can defiantly accept when there are flaws in the series, Did you see how much they didn't like Fishman Island arc? And anyway I'm sure as time goes on they will become even less blind, after all, early Naruto fans were a lot like One Piece fans, especially back when One Piece wasn't that popular.

As for the Art style, I can't really say anything to that. Never really got it, no matter how many times I've heard it. And trust me, I've heard it A LOT.

Finally, though I did respond to your comments as I felt I should, I agree with Paulbee, One Piece shouldn't be discussed on the Naruto Forum. Lets focus on Naruto XP.
    Aggravate, Anger, and Piss off

Good point aggerroff. Skip-week-itis has dulled my brain a little.

Back to Naruto. I can imagine Yondie using his space-time jutsus on Juubi Bombs or putting up Barriers, although it will be some Uber Barrier to stop the Juubi. Hope Kakashi's chakra boost hasn't expired. Madara should be more than a match for Hashirama alone, but Tobirama and Sandaime could even the odds a little bit.

I hope they have an Early (Monday or Tuesday) release.....ooooh!(faint)

Real Quick now.

While re-reading older chapters I came accross this page,
    Spoiler!

The last panel tends to support Uchiha Madara having both Tsukuyomi and Amaterasu. Only those who have awakened mangekyou in two eyes can use the third power, Susanoo.
    Last edited by paulbee; 05-06-2013 at 12:52 AM.

I hope Naruto doesn't end soon, but it really is looking like its being rushed. I'd hate to have followed the story for so long only for it to end badly. That would be the ultimate F-U and I'm sure Kishi would be attacked. Sure people say the hunt is always better than the catch. That's the same as saying the journey is better than the destination. I've had good times with Naruto and no matter how it ends I'll be kinda happy I followed the story, but I'd really like the story to end on a high.

Looks like I'm suffering huge losses. Bleach is in its final arc and Naruto looks to be wrapping up. Guess I could start reborn........ oh wait.

Nevertheless OP will keep me busy. Oda is pretty good. And since he said Ch 597 signaled the end of the first half of OP I can only assume that we are going to get at least 500 more chapters.

As for the Enel issue, he is one of the most powerful characters. He has haki and a logia fruit. His attacks are almost impossible to evade. The only reason Enel lost to Luffy was because Luffy's rubber body nullified much of his power. Crocodile did say that you never know what will happen when one DF goes against the other(gomu vs goro and doku vs doru). Also Oda did say that should Enel have been a pirate, his bounty would prob be 500m(pre time skip).

@Paul: I have a different theory as to unlocking Susanoo. The Uchiha's special eye chakra take form in the Sharingan. I believe that Susanoo is unlocked when the user has developed capable of housing a certain amount of this special chakra or the chakra is of a certain potency. Now this chakra becomes more potent as the user experiences more loss and despair. As this chakra becomes more potent, the quality of the eye changes (from Sharingan to MS).

Susanoo does have a humanoid body. I believe that susanoo consumes this chakra and takes form, or is the Chakra itself taking form. Its a double edged sword as the user ends up taking damage from exposure to that potent chakra. It would explain why Sasuke felt pain in all his cells after over using Susanoo. And by extension, the use of such potent chakra in unleashing techniques like amaterasu and tsukuyomi damages the eye and causes a loss of vision.

I can't explain how the EMS cures this eye damage, but for all else it does make sense.
    Last edited by pratesh; 05-06-2013 at 05:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    While re-reading older chapters I came accross this page,
    Spoiler!

The last panel tends to support Uchiha Madara having both Tsukuyomi and Amaterasu. Only those who have awakened mangekyou in two eyes can use the third power, Susanoo.
    Not really. Sasuke mentions that after obtaining the two powers, the two MS jutsu, a third one - in this case Susanoo - is unlocked. Sasuke also claims that only after completing the above condition, can the 3rd power be awakened, but how he can be so sure of it ? It was like that for him, probably like that for Itachi as well, since this information might have been among those that were transfered from him. Still, most of the known MS users had different jutsu from each other, it's even possible that the 3rd jutsu doesn't necessary have to be a Susano in itself and that Susano can actually be one of the previous awakened jutsu.

It might be similar with Rasengan. By only looking at Naruto and Konohamaru, you would have to assume that mastering KB to a certain level is necessary to obtain/use this jutsu (Rasengan) and that is untrue. Just because it is necessary for them, doesn't mean that it is necessary for everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by pratesh View Post
    @Paul: I have a different theory as to unlocking Susanoo. The Uchiha's special eye chakra take form in the Sharingan. I believe that Susanoo is unlocked when the user has developed capable of housing a certain amount of this special chakra or the chakra is of a certain potency. Now this chakra becomes more potent as the user experiences more loss and despair. As this chakra becomes more potent, the quality of the eye changes (from Sharingan to MS).

Susanoo does have a humanoid body. I believe that susanoo consumes this chakra and takes form, or is the Chakra itself taking form. Its a double edged sword as the user ends up taking damage from exposure to that potent chakra. It would explain why Sasuke felt pain in all his cells after over using Susanoo. And by extension, the use of such potent chakra in unleashing techniques like amaterasu and tsukuyomi damages the eye and causes a loss of vision.

I can't explain how the EMS cures this eye damage, but for all else it does make sense.
    From what I understood, the new eyes filter that chakra, so that it no longer damages the user. The new eyes are immune to the poisonous chakra, since it seems they are made in a way that only their own chakra could destroy their own eyes. It smells like some Cursed-Sealing jutsu that was inserted into the DNA of the Older Brother by the Younger Brother, which was passed to his descendants (Uchiha). Especially the phrase like the light is sealed within the eye and the like.

@Zero, There was a time when I would have agrued the point with you, however It turns out that we can no longer rely on Manga or Databook statements for the governing rules in the NarutoVerse (Shame on Kishi). This is why I said " tends to support Uchiha Madara having both Tsukuyomi and Amaterasu.".

I hope that Kishi will some day, flat out state irrevocably whether Amaterasu and Tsukuyomi are universally required for Susanoo to be activated.