Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Beer and Music

HELL YEAH! BEHEMOTH! They never disappoint the fans!

BEHEMOTH DOMINATES TERRORIZER MAGAZINE'S 2009 READERS’ POLL!

"Terrorizer" magazine has just issued the results of 2009 readers’ poll.
    We are extremely proud to announce that Behemoth took the first spot in the
    following (nearly all!) categories:

- Best Band;
    - Best Live Band;
    - Best Bassist (Orion);
    - Best Guitarist (Nergal);
    - Personality Of The Year (Nergal);
    - Best Drummer (Inferno);
    - Best Vocalist (Nergal);
    - Best Album (Evangelion);
    - Best Cover Art (Evangelion).

You can find the whole article below (click on the image to enlarge).
    Thank you for all your votes!!
    Spoiler!

Words from Nergal:
    "That's what i call domination, haha! Seriously,
    i dunno what to say. When last year we won
    three categories i thought it's already at peak
    of our possibilities. This time we made the
    impossible possible... Or i should say,
    YOU made the impossible possible! I
    would like to thank each one of you
    who voted for us and believed in
    Behemoth and "Evangelion". It means everything to us!"
    I mean wow...just amazing. Although i don't agree with some of the placements on there, still, im a Behemoth fan, and im very happy for them to be able to reach that recognition in such a short time. I remember back then in like 8th grade, i believe i was around the only if not one of the few to listen to Behemoth in Texas, let alone, in the US, everyone in middle school was either listening to new sell out rap or listening to Evanscence. Im glad and abit proud to be one of Behemoth's fans. Up the irons for Behemoth!

Mind f*cked beyond repair Stev3child's Avatar
    Yaaaaay!
    QUOTE(s) OF THE MOMENT

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    I swear if your theories were any dumber I would be retarded...

Queen Most
    Likely To Be King
    Blatantly just caused by an internet campaign..

Always a Negative Nancy huh?

Behemoth is pretty cool.

Queen Most
    Likely To Be King
    How is that hating?

It's fair enough, but when you actually ask yourself whether Behemoth really are all the above things, you know its just not true.

Beer and Music
    Quote Originally Posted by NPG View Post
    How is that hating?

It's fair enough, but when you actually ask yourself whether Behemoth really are all the above things, you know its just not true.
    I was joking,

I know what you mean. As i said in the OP, i didn't agree with some of the places that others were given, because Dave Lombardo, Mike Portnoy, and Daniel Erlandsson, to me, are way better drummers than Inferno, especially Lombardo and Portnoy. Bruce Dickinson and Ronnie James Dio are legends at vocal work. All the guitarist on the section are all amazing, imo, Dave Mustaine should have gotten it. He did amazing with Endgame. Bass players, friggin Geezer Butler, John Myung, Steve Harris, are SICK bass players, Orion is too though, ive heard his other stuff besides him being in Behemoth, hes a very talented man. As for live bands, i agree, Behemoth put an AMAZING show, they rival Megadeth is how good they sound live. As for best band, theres just too many great ones.

So, i don't really agree, but being a Behemoth fan, im truly happy for them, because they have come a long way, Evangelion was a HUGE success, if i remember or not, it sold more than any Michael Jackson cd (i really don't see why the record company compared the sales to MJ, since they are two totally different genres). But hey, atleast we didnt get Slipknot or A7X up there being the "best". Im glad its Behemoth.

Queen Most
    Likely To Be King
    Quote Originally Posted by [JUiCE] View Post
    I was joking,

I know what you mean. As i said in the OP, i didn't agree with some of the places that others were given, because Dave Lombardo, Mike Portnoy, and Daniel Erlandsson, to me, are way better drummers than Inferno, especially Lombardo and Portnoy. Bruce Dickinson and Ronnie James Dio are legends at vocal work. All the guitarist on the section are all amazing, imo, Dave Mustaine should have gotten it. He did amazing with Endgame. Bass players, friggin Geezer Butler, John Myung, Steve Harris, are SICK bass players, Orion is too though, ive heard his other stuff besides him being in Behemoth, hes a very talented man. As for live bands, i agree, Behemoth put an AMAZING show, they rival Megadeth is how good they sound live. As for best band, theres just too many great ones.

So, i don't really agree, but being a Behemoth fan, im truly happy for them, because they have come a long way, Evangelion was a HUGE success, if i remember or not, it sold more than any Michael Jackson cd (i really don't see why the record company compared the sales to MJ, since they are two totally different genres). But hey, atleast we didnt get Slipknot or A7X up there being the "best". Im glad its Behemoth.
    I think what's important is that you differentiate an award like 'Best Guitarist' with 'Best Guitarist... OF 2009', and I think Terrorizer was going with the latter, in which case, most of the names you mentioned wouldn't be even close to a chance, half of them barely having even played this year.

Personally I think Broderick should have got best guitarist for 2009, considering he joined Megadeth, one of the biggest bands in the metal world, and managed to succesfully complete a tour, wowing everybody, including Mustaine - Not to mention the guy was already one of the greatest guitarists around today.

I'd personally also give best drummer to Marco Minnemann for his work with Ephel Duath and Necrophagist.

Best album is where I really disagree, Evangelion just isn't the best that came out in 2009. Not even close.

Just off the top of my head (only metal for obvious reasons) - all the following are better:

Isis - Wavering Radiant
    Converge - Axe to Fail
    Sunn 0)) - Monoliths & Dimensions
    Animals as Leaders - Animals as Leaders
    Everytime I die - New Junk Aesthetic

And any one of those except possible ETID (not quite on the same level as the others) I'd be perfectly happy with winning best album .

Best artwork on the other hand, either Crack the Skye by Mastodon, or New Junk Aesthetic as mentioned above.

But really - 2009 wasn't a particularly good year for metal, yet an amazing year in other genres - The works released by Martyn, 2562, Boxcutter, Sub Focus, Lowkey, Animal Collective, Grizzly Bear, Dirty Projectors, Fever Ray, all absolutely incredible.

Beer and Music
    Quote Originally Posted by NPG View Post
    I think what's important is that you differentiate an award like 'Best Guitarist' with 'Best Guitarist... OF 2009', and I think Terrorizer was going with the latter, in which case, most of the names you mentioned wouldn't be even close to a chance, half of them barely having even played this year.

Personally I think Broderick should have got best guitarist for 2009, considering he joined Megadeth, one of the biggest bands in the metal world, and managed to succesfully complete a tour, wowing everybody, including Mustaine - Not to mention the guy was already one of the greatest guitarists around today.

I'd personally also give best drummer to Marco Minnemann for his work with Ephel Duath and Necrophagist.

Best album is where I really disagree, Evangelion just isn't the best that came out in 2009. Not even close.

Just off the top of my head (only metal for obvious reasons) - all the following are better:

Isis - Wavering Radiant
    Converge - Axe to Fail
    Sunn 0)) - Monoliths & Dimensions
    Animals as Leaders - Animals as Leaders
    Everytime I die - New Junk Aesthetic

And any one of those except possible ETID (not quite on the same level as the others) I'd be perfectly happy with winning best album .

Best artwork on the other hand, either Crack the Skye by Mastodon, or New Junk Aesthetic as mentioned above.

But really - 2009 wasn't a particularly good year for metal, yet an amazing year in other genres - The works released by Martyn, 2562, Boxcutter, Sub Focus, Lowkey, Animal Collective, Grizzly Bear, Dirty Projectors, Fever Ray, all absolutely incredible.

Oh ok, then yeah, i do agree. But Slayer have been touring all year, and released an album, so Dave Lombardo has been keeping himself pretty busy.

Actually, i was thinking that, why isn't Broderick on there? He's an amazing guitarist, the first time i saw them with Broderick i was abit disappointed because Glen was gone, but then when i heard him play, i was BLOWN AWAY. I should have never doubted Mustaine, he always gets amazing musicians.

Well lets, see, for latest stuff, of 2009, i'd have to jump back to Inferno, he's amazing, and yeah, a lot of people are only familiar with his double peddling, blast beats and overall fast drumming, which in some cases, people see it as them not being so GREAT, because it seems like they are a one trick pony. BUT, there are some videos around youtube that have him playing totally different things, he's damn good, and technical.(Friggin opening to Slaying The Prophets Ov Isa)

Monolith's and Dimensions by Sunn O)) was AMAZING, but, i dont see it as Metal, even though they are really, well, heavy.

My list for five top albums have to be:(no particular order)

Dream Theater - Black Cloud & Silver Linings
    Megadeth - Endgame
    Lamb of God - Wrath
    Slayer - World Painted Blood
    Behemoth - Evangelion
    (yeah, nothing but known bands, but they were great albums)
    Other albums i thought were great were Crack The Skye by Mastodon and Baroness' Blue album.

As for artwork, it had to be Baroness' Blue album and Behemoth's Evangelion, i was amazed by the way the artwork looked.

Those bands you mentioned at the end of your posts, what genre do they fall under?

Queen Most
    Likely To Be King
    Quote Originally Posted by [JUiCE] View Post
    Oh ok, then yeah, i do agree. But Slayer have been touring all year, and released an album, so Dave Lombardo has been keeping himself pretty busy.

Actually, i was thinking that, why isn't Broderick on there? He's an amazing guitarist, the first time i saw them with Broderick i was abit disappointed because Glen was gone, but then when i heard him play, i was BLOWN AWAY. I should have never doubted Mustaine, he always gets amazing musicians.

Well lets, see, for latest stuff, of 2009, i'd have to jump back to Inferno, he's amazing, and yeah, a lot of people are only familiar with his double peddling, blast beats and overall fast drumming, which in some cases, people see it as them not being so GREAT, because it seems like they are a one trick pony. BUT, there are some videos around youtube that have him playing totally different things, he's damn good, and technical.(Friggin opening to Slaying The Prophets Ov Isa)

Monolith's and Dimensions by Sunn O)) was AMAZING, but, i dont see it as Metal, even though they are really, well, heavy.

My list for five top albums have to be:(no particular order)

Dream Theater - Black Cloud & Silver Linings
    Megadeth - Endgame
    Lamb of God - Wrath
    Slayer - World Painted Blood
    Behemoth - Evangelion
    (yeah, nothing but known bands, but they were great albums)
    Other albums i thought were great were Crack The Skye by Mastodon and Baroness' Blue album.

As for artwork, it had to be Baroness' Blue album and Behemoth's Evangelion, i was amazed by the way the artwork looked.

Those bands you mentioned at the end of your posts, what genre do they fall under?
    Fuck genres man - Listen to them and decide for yourself!

But since you asked..

2562, Martyn, Boxcutter, all sort of IDM meets DnB/Dubstep.

Sub Focus - DnB.

Lowkey's an iraqi born british rapper, who I've been following for a while.

Animal Collective, Grizzly Bear, Dirty Projectors, are all basically alt rock.

Fever Ray's the solo album by one of the members of the Knife, its dark and beautiful.