5 62.50%
  • So So

1 12.50%
  • Bad

0 0%
  • Terrible

0 0%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I seriously hate how Bellamy looks like a mix blood giant now - regardless if you liked him or not his old character design was much better. (though I admit I am biased, I hate any character taller then Franky, I give a except for Brook because he's a skeleton and that's cool)

Also, I hope when Bellamy went to Sky Island he beat the crap out of Wiper, I swear, Wiper was the pinnacle of a weakling who acted like he was the strongest (in case you forgot, he seriously thought he could fight and beat Zoro/Luffy (and everyone else) even though his ONLY power came from using the dials, his reliance on the reject dial just showed how weak he was).

I think I may be the only person who liked Bellamy, say what you will, but Bellamy is one of the few REALISTIC pirates, when he was first shown he didn't go for mythical treasures - he didn't go for any nonsense that wasn't steeped in reality... Yes, he was a mean guy but what do you think Pirates were like? The fact he stole the golden pillar makes me like him more - if Luffy was anything like a real Pirate he would had taken the Pillar too.
    Click to see what RPG personality you are.
    (It's funny because I ALWAYS use a bow if its available in a game lol)

^Well Luffy did steal gold from Sky Piea and would have taken the gold pillar if they didn't misunderstood the situation.

Bellamy is ok. He's just an idiot who thinks he's the man and dismisses things that looks absurd. For me BB is the epitome of what a real pirate should be. A dirty bastard with no dignity nor honor. He'll resort to coward tactics because surviving and getting what you want is just solely the goal and nothing else. At the same time he believes on possibilities that everything can happen out there on the sea. Even in real life, people not just pirates will go out to sea in search of the unknown to discover things that might be out there. That what lacks in Bellamy.

sig made by me

What situation did Luffy misunderstand? after he beat Enel would anyone challenge him? did he really think a mob of civilians were going to beat/capture him? - he ran because he thought it was fun, but any realistic pirate would had seen the golden pillar and taken it regardless of what the locals thought.

I don't think any of the famous pirates in real life believed/searched in the 'fountain of youth' or the 'city of gold' - if you look at Bart Roberts, Barbarossa, Dampier, or Lafitte they all had one thing in common, they didn't go for some mythic treasure they took what was around them, whether it was a loaded Galleon or a simple fishing boat.

I understand that One Piece Universe has mythical things already established as fact (like devil fruits) - still, Bellamy's whole idea was to forget about what COULD be, and instead flourish in what WAS - he just happened to pick a fight with someone (Luffy/Zoro) that he had no chance of beating.

Also.. I don't know if I mentioned this, but I HATE how he's like a giant - lol his body grew but his head looks the same size as before.

Quote Originally Posted by Airicks View Post
    What situation did Luffy misunderstand? after he beat Enel would anyone challenge him? did he really think a mob of civilians were going to beat/capture him? - he ran because he thought it was fun, but any realistic pirate would had seen the golden pillar and taken it regardless of what the locals thought.

I don't think any of the famous pirates in real life believed/searched in the 'fountain of youth' or the 'city of gold' - if you look at Bart Roberts, Barbarossa, Dampier, or Lafitte they all had one thing in common, they didn't go for some mythic treasure they took what was around them, whether it was a loaded Galleon or a simple fishing boat.

I understand that One Piece Universe has mythical things already established as fact (like devil fruits) - still, Bellamy's whole idea was to forget about what COULD be, and instead flourish in what WAS - he just happened to pick a fight with someone (Luffy/Zoro) that he had no chance of beating.

Also.. I don't know if I mentioned this, but I HATE how he's like a giant - lol his body grew but his head looks the same size as before.
    http://www.mangastream.to/one-piece-...4-page-14.html Na dude, He was always big.

I Love You!
    Spoiler!

, he really never was a small guy, and hes not a giant luffys hight is only 5'8, for a guy thats rather short, bellamy is probably 6'11-7'0 not really close to a giant. Hes just a lot more buff now !

Plus just a reminder, we now the skypia guys are ok

So, what bellamy did to them.... who knows if it was really all that bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    That is actually a great picture, thanks for bringing it to my attention.

I guess because I mainly remembered him talking to the people in his crew (which all were around his height) I thought he was a average height (maybe 6ft4). Still, good picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Airicks View Post
    That is actually a great picture, thanks for bringing it to my attention.

I guess because I mainly remembered him talking to the people in his crew (which all were around his height) I thought he was a average height (maybe 6ft4). Still, good picture.
    Bellamy has certainly always been a bit larger than Luffy and the crew at the time, but I'm in the same boat as you. His post-time skip proportions seem a bit awkward to me, particularly his first introduction panel, where the size difference between him and Luffy is blatantly obvious (bottom of page 7). I'd much rather have had him beefed up, but not look like he's taken steroids only for his upper half. A muscular, slimmer design would have sufficed in my mind, especially with his ability, which I think is coming out more when he's give Oda's typical full body introduction panel, or when Luffy looks ready to beat the crap out of him (page 8).

Speaking of which, this new "Bomb of Dressrosa" nickname. Any ideas as to what this means in regards to his "metamorphosis? Maybe he can create shockwaves (reminiscent of explosions) with his Bane-Bane powers? Definitely excited to see B-block's Battle Royale unfold!

He really was tall, strange how some of us forgot/remembered him smaller.
    About Skypiea, I'm sure Bellamy & Co received a beating like no other. The fellows up there were much tougher than a 1-hit-hyena.
    I'm wondering though...what did he mean by "lost my crew". 'Lost' as in they got annihilated or as in Sarquis - an interesting guy - took over, other options?

I'm not really excited about Block B, just worried about Bellamy advancing to the next round. I seriously hate him no matter his change. I want Oda to skip to D asap, that's where the spotlight should be !

NO, i want to see these fights, we already missed out on A block. I want to see these fights, oda made these cool ass fodder characters, I want to see what they can do.
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm with cross. Oda didn't invest the past 4+ chapters introducing these NW combatants--fodder or not--to simply glaze over their true beastliness just for the purpose of seeing Luffy kick butt or Cavendish and Rebecca duke it out. The only reason we didn't see A-block was because Oda used the overwhelming victory of Burgess to illustrate not only how powerful the BB pirates have become, but also how serious and dangerous the NW is. I'm not quite sure how Oda is going to play this week's double issue; either he'll use it as he would any other issue (but hopefully a tad longer) and continue his recent binge of information and action, or he'll hit that eventual purge mark and go into break. This chapter would have to end in quite spectacular fashion though for that to happen, however, in my opinion.