2 18.18%
  • So So

2 18.18%
  • Bad

0 0%
  • Terrible

2 18.18%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Anyone else wonder how Isshin aged so fast compared to the other shinigami? FGT? He's really young in that flashback

Quote Originally Posted by Saiges View Post
    Anyone else wonder how Isshin aged so fast compared to the other shinigami? FGT? He's really young in that flashback
    He seems to be in his early 20's appearance wise, and he will probably lose his powers soon and get a gigai which I would assume ages normally, so add another year or two for Masaki to get impregnated, then what, another 17 since that's about how old Ichigo is now? That puts Isshin in his early 40s which seems about right.

So in answer to your question, Yes, FGT and the gigai he gets would probably account for his aging.

Doesnt being in a Gigai too long have a negative like it makes you more human, or it becomes harder to take off or something? I would imagine after so long in the gigai it made him have the problems of a living human, age, hunger, sleep, etc
    A pie in the sky?

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    Doesnt being in a Gigai too long have a negative like it makes you more human, or it becomes harder to take off or something? I would imagine after so long in the gigai it made him have the problems of a living human, age, hunger, sleep, etc
    At this point in time, everyone should know that the answer to all those miracles is always Hougyokou (I guess Urahara as it's miraculous inventor could be considered part of those miracles as well). Basically, it might also be Ishin's "wish" to become a human and have a normal life with Masaki. Of course H-cube isn't omnipotent, but it certainly might have pulled through most of the job. It's possible that the H-cube have simply enhanced Urahara's gigai, since all of his inventions seems to posses a lot of "potential & possibilities", add a strong wish and we have a new human.

In similar manner, the reason why most of Rukia's power were transfered to Ichigo and she was slowly loosing them, is because that was her wish, since she deemed herself unworthy of being Shinigami/those powers (you know all that guilt from not protecting and actually killing her love-ehm superior officer).

It also worked with Chad and Inou, since both of them had potential to awaken those powers on their own (as it's obviously shown by the Fullbring arc), it simply pulled them out in correlation to their wish.

Of course we can't forget Aizen's statement that living beings (it's unknown if he meant all creatures or only humans) are made in a way that allows for all of their wishes to be granted (basically infinity potential). After which, Ishin breaks in anger to his comment... it's unknown if it was because it had something to do with Masaki, or that thanks to H-cube Aizen could become a new Soul King (though seeing as Ishin had thrown away being a Shinigami, the first option is more likely).

I believe Inoue and Chad had their powers awaken from being close to Ichigo for so long, his high spiritual power helped to bring out their potential and awaken it, I think Urahara confirmed it or might have been Aizen I dont remember, same thing with the others he was friends with, just being with him help to strengthen their reiatsu so they didn't pass out when SS put Karakura to sleep in the Soul Key arc.

I gotta find it but I could of sworn that in the first few chapters of bleach the whole gigai thing got explained, and there was a law about staying in it too long according to SS, something bad happened or w/e lemme re-read
    A pie in the sky?

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    I believe Inoue and Chad had their powers awaken from being close to Ichigo for so long, his high spiritual power helped to bring out their potential and awaken it, I think Urahara confirmed it or might have been Aizen I dont remember, same thing with the others he was friends with, just being with him help to strengthen their reiatsu so they didn't pass out when SS put Karakura to sleep in the Soul Key arc.

I gotta find it but I could of sworn that in the first few chapters of bleach the whole gigai thing got explained, and there was a law about staying in it too long according to SS, something bad happened or w/e lemme re-read
    The thing that Urahara told the gang before they went to SS, was mostly bullshi*ehm*t. That's one of the reasons why Urahara was apologizing after they returned.

In the fake Karakura Town arc, Aizen confirms that it was the H-cube that drew out the potential they had, in accordance to their wish (two pages in one spoiler):
    Spoiler!

Likely Chad himself would have awakened his Fullbring powers as every other Fullbringer had done eventually (he always had the potential the H-cube only made it happen).

In this arc, it was also implied that Urahara knew what H-cube really did, but hide it and pretended that he didn't know (after all, it's a near wish granting machine, you just don't mention something like that to anyone). Interesting enough, Urahara also implied that now he would have been able to master the H-cube, thus if he had regained it or created a new one (did he really make it in the first place ? Most of his inventions seem to be half-copies anyway) he might have been able to go beyond what Aizen managed...

I'm not sure how well made normal Gigai's are, but Urahara's are superior in every aspect. After all, the Vizards used them for over 100 years (being undetectable is such a great thing, kukukuku, plus it seems that they haven't made any contact with Urahara during that time-span). The detailed information about Gigai's certainly came from Urahara, since he had to explain why his product works like that, but of course the real reason was omitted, that it was because of the H-cube within the gigai granting her wish.

@ Zero, I think you've struck something here. Urahara has copied Techniques from Squad Zero in his creations before, like the healing pool that Ichigo and Yoruichi used in the Save Rukia arc.

It is not a stretch to imagine that HGQ is a modification of another Soul King's Dimension artifact or discovery. However Aizen did say that both he and Urahara arrived at HGQ independently, If I remember correctly.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    @ Zero, I think you've struck something here. Urahara has copied Techniques from Squad Zero in his creations before, like the healing pool that Ichigo and Yoruichi used in the Save Rukia arc.

It is not a stretch to imagine that HGQ is a modification of another Soul King's Dimension artifact or discovery. However Aizen did say that both he and Urahara arrived at HGQ independently, If I remember correctly.
    Well, the Monk has a prayer beads and H-cube is a ball, so... anyway in SKR they have peerless reijutsu by using which they seemingly can do a lot of miracle-like things. Some people did theorize that H-cube is even made from the crystal that encompasses the SK.

Well, from what I understood, it seems that the Hogyouko is a name that Urahara gave it (based on how Aizen was reacting when commenting on it's name being truly a good fit, like a person commenting on a painting's name), what's more, based on the information we got, their inventions are different.

From what I understood, Aizen's invention had two capabilities, one was to eat (it could eat spiritual energy, whole spirits, even Urahara's H-cube), the other was hollowification, but that's it. On the other hand Urahara's could almost grant wishes, it could made possible happen, thus in a way far surpassing Aizen's invention, but that's not all, seemingly indifference to Aizen's version, Urahara's had a will of it's own, of which Aizen learned only after SS arc.

Speaking of the Zero Squad, I wonder for what achievement other members were picked up. From what I have seen they are basically fulfilling basic roles of servants of royalty:
    - a cook - mod soul creator,
    - a doctor - healing hot spring maker,
    - a blacksmith - zanpakutou creator,
    - a security guard - was appointed for her unparalleled anti-thief and enemy measure? (she did mention that when she was in Gotei, breaking in wasn't as east it was now),
    - a general (or a priest ?) - unparalleled leadership skills?.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    From what I understood, Aizen's invention had two capabilities, one was to eat (it could eat spiritual energy, whole spirits, even Urahara's H-cube), the other was hollowification, but that's it. On the other hand Urahara's could almost grant wishes, it could made possible happen, thus in a way far surpassing Aizen's invention, but that's not all, seemingly indifference to Aizen's version, Urahara's had a will of it's own, of which Aizen learned only after SS arc.
    This is a pretty good description of the two different versions of h-cubes, but I never liked the idea of "granting wishes" for an explanation of what Urahara's h-cube does. Rather it fulfills the potentials of those who are around it, pretty much what Aizen's does, hollowfication but taking it further presumably by being able to fulfill any given soul's potentials and blurring lines in between, be it shinigami, human, hollow whatever. So not so much 'granting wishes' per se, after all it won't make a sammich for someone who is hungry.