View Poll Results: Rate this Chapter

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Excellent

    5 45.45%
  • Great

    2 18.18%
  • So So

    2 18.18%
  • Bad

    0 0%
  • Terrible

    2 18.18%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 39
  1. #21
    Senior Member Shock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    4,022
    It seemed like the quincy elders had a way to purge this infection from quincy to keep the blood pure, I wonder what that could be? If so maybe they can clean up Ichigo or at least the vizards, seperate the Hollow infection from their blood or something interesting like that.

    I want to see Hollow Masaki, a hollow quincy sounds pretty awesome
    A pie in the sky?

  2. #22
    Senior Member paulbee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Fargo, North Dakota USA
    Posts
    6,908
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackriot69 View Post
    So are Ichigo and Uryu half brothers or something then?
    No, at best they are 2nd cousins, Masaki called Ryuuken's mom Auntie. If that is true literally, then they are first cousins. That would then Make Uryu and Ichigo 2nd cousins.

    I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

  3. #23
    Senior Member Zero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,842
    Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    It seemed like the quincy elders had a way to purge this infection from quincy to keep the blood pure, I wonder what that could be? If so maybe they can clean up Ichigo or at least the vizards, seperate the Hollow infection from their blood or something interesting like that.

    I want to see Hollow Masaki, a hollow quincy sounds pretty awesome
    From the looks of it, Quincy hate Fullbringers. Funny enough, it seems that Ginjou and his gang has a reason to fight against Qunicy's second attack as well. It's also possible that Katagari meant it in the same way that the White Bone and Blood Hell bath works.

    I have to wonder about Masaki's transformation. Seeing as her Human body is transforming, does this mean that normal humans would have been able to perceive/see that monster ? Are hollows and arrancers even capable of entering gigagis (Vizards can) ?



    Oh right, I forgot to mention that this guy:

    has a good chance of being Ryuken's father. Yep, below you have why:
    - he is unnamed for now ;
    - seemingly has white hair, the same as Ryuken;
    - has bad eyesight, like Ryuken;
    - has a mustache similar to Soken's;
    - he wears a tie ;
    - uses primarily a long ranged weapon (indifference to most stern ritters), just like the Ishida and their students use the long range type;
    - his demeanor is similar to that of Ryuken's as well;
    - he looks physically old enough to be his father.

    It's possible that Hashwald is of a similar line, since he too has white hair (seeing as Bach hasn't aged, it's possible that Hashvald might even be an ancestor to the Ishida family).

    BTW, here is some fun looking fanart :
    Spoiler!



  4. #24
    Senior Member Anticrobotic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    No, at best they are 2nd cousins, Masaki called Ryuuken's mom Auntie. If that is true literally, then they are first cousins. That would then Make Uryu and Ichigo 2nd cousins.
    They are 2nd cousins. It's stated here that Masaki and Ryuuken are cousins.

    Edit: MANGASTREAM VERSION

  5. #25
    Prick List: Gaara, Bee Genesis 1.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    833
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    From the looks of it, Quincy hate Fullbringers. Funny enough, it seems that Ginjou and his gang has a reason to fight against Qunicy's second attack as well. It's also possible that Katagari meant it in the same way that the White Bone and Blood Hell bath works.

    I have to wonder about Masaki's transformation. Seeing as her Human body is transforming, does this mean that normal humans would have been able to perceive/see that monster ? Are hollows and arrancers even capable of entering gigagis (Vizards can) ?



    Oh right, I forgot to mention that this guy:

    has a good chance of being Ryuken's father. Yep, below you have why:
    - he is unnamed for now ;
    - seemingly has white hair, the same as Ryuken;
    - has bad eyesight, like Ryuken;
    - has a mustache similar to Soken's;
    - he wears a tie ;
    - uses primarily a long ranged weapon (indifference to most stern ritters), just like the Ishida and their students use the long range type;
    - his demeanor is similar to that of Ryuken's as well;
    - he looks physically old enough to be his father.

    It's possible that Hashwald is of a similar line, since he too has white hair (seeing as Bach hasn't aged, it's possible that Hashvald might even be an ancestor to the Ishida family).

    BTW, here is some fun looking fanart :
    Spoiler!
    THAT Art is gorgeous, seeing that sort of transformation would be fucking ideal, aside from the fact he needs more Shinigami attributes.

    "For I being a poor man, have only my dreams & I have spread them beneath your feet. Tread carefully, for you tread upon my dreams."

  6. #26
    Senior Member thebulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    545
    Nice art and theory n hate to burst the bubble and all but Ryuken's father is Souken who is dead...that was mentioned and confirmed pretty long ago no?

    Oh and also 'cousins' lol. Like she is adopted but since she can't have ppl saying how Ryuken married his step sister can they? Hence, 'cousin' lol

  7. #27
    Senior Member Zero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,842
    Quote Originally Posted by thebulk View Post
    Nice art and theory n hate to burst the bubble and all but Ryuken's father is Souken who is dead...that was mentioned and confirmed pretty long ago no?

    Oh and also 'cousins' lol. Like she is adopted but since she can't have ppl saying how Ryuken married his step sister can they? Hence, 'cousin' lol
    Nah from the way how Kubo avoids to show or even name Ryuken's father in this flashback, I'm pretty sure that Soken isn't his father, but only his master/teacher. In Japan, especially in manga, it's common to call older people that take care of you 'Grandparents', even if there is little to no blood relations. Ryuken called Soken Uryu's grandfather, but he never called him father, which would suggest that Soken is father of Ryuken's mother. Soken himself doesn't call Ryuken his son, he calls him Uryu's father, which again suggests that he isn't his father.

    It's also worth mentioning that Shinigami were closely observing the remaining Quincy. If Ryuken was Soken's son, then they would have kept close eye on Ryuken and thus on Uryu as well, yet they had no idea about them, even thought they supposedly had the same surname.

    From what I understood, Soken was teaching Uryu only when he knew (sensing spiritual pressure ?) that Shinigami aren't observing him at the moment, otherwise they would have been spying on Uryu as well, yet they didn't.
    Last edited by Zero; 04-18-2013 at 03:18 PM.



  8. #28
    Senior Member thebulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    545
    Maybe, but that would be a cheap way of introducing a new character based on some cultural wordplay...

  9. #29
    Senior Member Zero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,842
    Quote Originally Posted by thebulk View Post
    Maybe, but that would be a cheap way of introducing a new character based on some cultural wordplay...
    Well, you do realize that it was hinted from the very beginning that Ishin knew about KON and was a Shinigami (since only Shinigami should know about Mod Souls) by simply not calling him Ichigo when he was in Ichigo's body ? I would have to say that the current hint is even more apparent, plus there are seemingly more hints pointing in that direction.

    It's also worth mentioning that Kubo have level based hints (as he explained it in the recent novel)... basically he categorized them by the amount of people that would likely notice it. A hint that most people would notice, a lot, a few, almost none (supposedly the thing with Ishin and Kenpachi were the last extremely hard to notice type hints).



  10. #30
    Senior Member thebulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    545
    Don't know bout the novel and stuff but I see what you are saying bout the hints. Still, anything discussed now is purely conjecture and kinda baseless really since its all on hunches, I'd rather wait for the next chapter before commenting again on this.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •