0 0%
  • So So

2 11.11%
  • Bad

3 16.67%
  • Terrible

1 5.56%
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    It's all a little sticky. First of, it's best to split the narutoverse into 4 parts:
    - The Impure World - world of the living,
    - The Pure World - world of the souls/dead,
    - the world in between those - this is where the conversation between Kakashi and his father took place, you need to cross this world to reach the pure one. Seemingly, Nagato's Rine Tensei works best when souls are still here, otherwise it would be impossible to revive so many people at the same time,
    - all other pocket dimensions and the like (including DG's belly).

Chakra is a combination of Soul/Mind and Body/Life/Physical Energy (you can also add Natural Energy to it ), thus each portion of chakra posses a copy of the user's mind. Usually, the copy of the mind disappears when the energy is used up. There are a few exceptions, like the Kage Bunshin, that somehow allows for the copy of the mind to return to the user, allowing it to combine the experiences of both. It's also possible to combine and retrieve the chakra (thus the copy of the mind) stored within other objects or even human, as we have seen it done by Orochimaru. It's worth noting that leaving a bit of one's chakra, is the same as that part of the person remaining within the Impure World, even if that person technically died.

Now let's look at other elemental jutsu that control terrain, for example one that creates water vortex. By controlling it with your chakra, you are basically controlling it through your mind and energy that you input into it, in a way you could say that the water gains your consciousness. The question is what happens with it after the energy is used ? It certainly doesn't return to the user, but there isn't any need for it to go to Pure World as well. It likely disperse within the nature, perhaps even joining with the natural energy that flows around (especially since the GM to Jyubi transformation proved that Chakra can be completely transformed into Natural Energy).

Now we need to consider one more thing, that Humans (and perhaps other beings in narutoverse) seem to posses a kind of Soul Core, especially apparent when one of the Pain's paths takes out a soul by taking the core, rather than simply sucking mind energy. It's likely that the thing that goes to the Pure world is not mind energy itself (that likely stays within the Impure world and later combines with Natural energy as a natural process ?), but mainly the core. This would mean that if a part of the core isn't with the amount of Mind or Chakra left in the Impure world, then it would not go to pure world by itself. Thus, the part of chakra (thus mind) that was left within Naruto never reached Kushina or Minato. That is if it is the way I explained it, because unless it is directly stated by Kishi, it's hard to confirm anything anyway .

Oh right, the fact that the Death God have sucked a part of Oro's Soul Core, which was linked to his arms, proves what I said above, because he still couldn't regain it's proper use even by over taking other's body or mind energy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    It's all a little sticky. First of, it's best to split the narutoverse into 4 parts:
    - The Impure World - world of the living,
    - The Pure World - world of the souls/dead,
    - the world in between those - this is where the conversation between Kakashi and his father took place, you need to cross this world to reach the pure one. Seemingly, Nagato's Rine Tensei works best when souls are still here, otherwise it would be impossible to revive so many people at the same time,
    - all other pocket dimensions and the like (including DG's belly).

Chakra is a combination of Soul/Mind and Body/Life/Physical Energy (you can also add Natural Energy to it ), thus each portion of chakra posses a copy of the user's mind. Usually, the copy of the mind disappears when the energy is used up. There are a few exceptions, like the Kage Bunshin, that somehow allows for the copy of the mind to return to the user, allowing it to combine the experiences of both. It's also possible to combine and retrieve the chakra (thus the copy of the mind) stored within other objects or even human, as we have seen it done by Orochimaru. It's worth noting that leaving a bit of one's chakra, is the same as that part of the person remaining within the Impure World, even if that person technically died.

Now let's look at other elemental jutsu that control terrain, for example one that creates water vortex. By controlling it with your chakra, you are basically controlling it through your mind and energy that you input into it, in a way you could say that the water gains your consciousness. The question is what happens with it after the energy is used ? It certainly doesn't return to the user, but there isn't any need for it to go to Pure World as well. It likely disperse within the nature, perhaps even joining with the natural energy that flows around (especially since the GM to Jyubi transformation proved that Chakra can be completely transformed into Natural Energy).

Now we need to consider one more thing, that Humans (and perhaps other beings in narutoverse) seem to posses a kind of Soul Core, especially apparent when one of the Pain's paths takes out a soul by taking the core, rather than simply sucking mind energy. It's likely that the thing that goes to the Pure world is not mind energy itself (that likely stays within the Impure world and later combines with Natural energy as a natural process ?), but mainly the core. This would mean that if a part of the core isn't with the amount of Mind or Chakra left in the Impure world, then it would not go to pure world by itself. Thus, the part of chakra (thus mind) that was left within Naruto never reached Kushina or Minato. That is if it is the way I explained it, because unless it is directly stated by Kishi, it's hard to confirm anything anyway .

Oh right, the fact that the Death God have sucked a part of Oro's Soul Core, which was linked to his arms, proves what I said above, because he still couldn't regain it's proper use even by over taking other's body or mind energy.
    I agree with most of what you said except that shiki fuujin seals the chakra the caster acquires within the caster before the caster's soul is eaten by the death god. I mean, that's what appears to happen, right? wouldn't sandaime, who sealed not only orochimaru's arms but also the first and second as edo tensei, have to be resurrected before any of it/them could come back out too? I'm kinda still reeling from the revival of the former hokage... freeeeeaking awesome.

so would sage mode be kind of like circular breathing but using chakra?
    Last edited by geoffreynojutsu; 04-15-2013 at 04:48 PM. Reason: fun idea

Queen of the Boredom Zone Arhazivory's Avatar
    *peeps into thread* Wow....its been a while. So it took me three days but I caught up to the last 70....80....chapters of Naruto. A lot has happened and yet they're in the same war. Heh.

Well, maybe because I put it down for 2 years and read it back in one go but it was awesome. I don't mind that Sasuke has gone to the good side....actually I love it. I can't wait to see the look on everyone's face when the Hokages reach the battleground.

And...I don't trust Orochimaru as far as I can throw him.
    ^Birthday Sig & Ava from Mikessc88 <3 v Birthday Sig from Imotochan <3
    Lords of the Boredom Zone: Arhazivory Redsquirrel and Crossx21

HeeHee, good to see you back, and yeah, Orochimaru is a Snake for a reason.
    Aggravate, Anger, and Piss off

So...are they skipping out this week's chapter? o_o
    Aga bomBa
    why do you even read the manga, if some of you are going to say everytime when naruto cries or shows some emotions, that he's a bitch?? If you excepted a " RoboCop " Main-character who doesnt gives a fuck about anything, then naruto manga isn't the manga to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Zubine View Post
    So...are they skipping out this week's chapter? o_o
    Naruto is on break this week.

Quote Originally Posted by zubine View Post
    so...are they skipping out this week's chapter? O_o
    :
    :
    :
    Quote Originally Posted by zero View Post
    naruto is on break this week.
    :
    :
    :
    dangggh...!!

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    :
    :
    :

:
    :
    :
    dangggh...!!
    My apologies Dx
    Aga bomBa
    why do you even read the manga, if some of you are going to say everytime when naruto cries or shows some emotions, that he's a bitch?? If you excepted a " RoboCop " Main-character who doesnt gives a fuck about anything, then naruto manga isn't the manga to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Zubine View Post
    My apologies Dx
    A week without Naruto is like going on a diet....

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

At least the next one is twice as long? Who am I kidding, this is brutal.