2 11.11%
  • Bad

3 16.67%
  • Terrible

1 5.56%
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    @ Famous,

I remember trying very hard to convince others that Tobirama is not what he's being percieved to be. He is just a severe, no-nonsense unsentimental kind of guy, but he was never a brute. We already knew that Kagama Uchiha was in his squad, and being the 2nd Hokage was no picnic.

The present from Yondaime, heh heh, it's of course the Kyuubi's Yin Chakra, probably also News about his Herritage and Relatives for Naruto, so that he's not so alone anymore, lastly maybe the secrete of using Hirashin.

As for the future, I Wonder. If Naruto's dream is to be the greatest Hokage EVER, and to be "stronger than his mom and cooler than his dad", then I think there may yet be another twist to this story.

I'm not sure how it will happen, but Kishi will have to remove the Hokages somehow and let Naruto shine. Maybe Naruto gets Kyuubi Yin (and Hirashin), this then awakens a Rikudo Mode that outshines Madara's Rinnegan. Perhaps the Hokages Fight Madara and Juubi while Naruto powers up. Madara could use the Rinnegans Soul Sucker to end ET for the Hokages. Tobi might die or Flip Flop back to Naruto's side....nah!

Wonder about poor ol Sakura now that Saske is good again and Karin is all over him.

If Naruto does gain Rikudo Mode (or Over-Mode), I'd like him to do something for the Uchiha, revive them perhaps, maybe Sandaime too. (Sentimental me ).
    I agree that Naruto will gain a more powerful mode (here's to still hoping for Kyuubi/Sage Mode, even though Naruto's next power-up appears to be the Kyuubi's Yin).

And yeah, you were right about Tobirama, it's just that he says things in a way that makes him seem highly prejudiced, not just severe. I dunno, I can't blame Sasuke for getting the impression Tobirama disliked the Uchiha.

I really hope Naruto and Sasuke get a chance to shine! They need a battle that surpasses Madara vs. Hashirama in scale... it would be such a waste for them not to fight.

I am really surprised that everyone is so quick to believe that Sasuke and Naruto will not fight. There are still way too many unanswered questions, this entire situation is still very suspicious and that usually means that a plot twist is coming. If anything this chapter gives me the impression that the story still has a ways to go.

There are so many parts of this entire situation that still don't add up. Orochimaru suddenly claiming that he has changed his ways and has abandoned his old per-suites has got to be a lie, Orochimaru isn't the type to give up easily and we still don't know what his end game was to begin with. Mark my words, what is happening now is part of something much bigger, Orochimaru is setting up this whole situation in order to make something significant happen. We still don't know what happened to the whirlpool village. We still don't know why Obito instigated the Uchiha massacre. We still don't know why Sasuke was so important to Tobi and we still don't know the fullness of Madara's plans. This flashback was very ambiguous, it reminds me a bit of the early flashbacks of Itachi which appeared to be one thing on the surface but there was a lot of hidden meaning in those chapters.

Kishimoto has done this sort of thing repeatedly throughout the series. There are way to many missing pieces of the puzzle for it to be as simple as this chapter made it out to be. I am willing to bet that when Sasuke, Orochimaru, and the Kages face off with Madara and Obito things will change dramatically. Madara, Obito, and Orochimaru are all still keeping very big secrets and I suspect that when they all face off it will change the course of things entirely. Orochimaru claims he has changed his ways but remember that he never did say what his real reasons were for wanting to destroy the village. There is a whole other side to this whole situation and things are not going to turn out as planned. Be prepared for another major plot twist.
    Last edited by artifice; 04-11-2013 at 08:53 AM.

Kishi still doesn't tell us why Sasuke picked Uchiha's hideout, as the place to revive the former Hokages. I always assumed that it was something to do with the Uchiha's secret tablet. It would have been interesting to get a first hand narration of what is exactly written on it, and what of it could Sasuke read with his new EMS.

And what does a double issue mean ? Do we get two chapters ?

Quote Originally Posted by lazybum View Post
    Kishi still doesn't tell us why Sasuke picked Uchiha's hideout, as the place to revive the former Hokages. I always assumed that it was something to do with the Uchiha's secret tablet. It would have been interesting to get a first hand narration of what is exactly written on it, and what of it could Sasuke read with his new EMS.

And what does a double issue mean ? Do we get two chapters ?
    I think it was Orochimaru who chose the Hideout, and yes I too am still wondering why.

I can't help the feeling that something is being rushed here:

We don't know why Orochimaru is being more mellow, perhaps a Hashirama body is better than an Uchiha body.
    Yondaime never got to talk about the Masked Man who brought the Kyuubi.
    Sasuke vs Naruto may not be over.
    Naruto's unltimate powerup will need a worthy villain...Who?
    A potential Saku-Saske-Karin love triangle has reappeared.

And much much more.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

I wonder what Orochimaru's knowledge might bring to the fight against the Juubi! We know that Oro was the one best-prepared to deal with Madara's plans... he has knowledge of the Sharingan, Rinnegan, Mokuton, Edo Tensei, Natural Energy, etc.

Also, could Naruto give Kyuubi cloak power-ups to each of the previous Hokages, Orochimaru, and Sasuke?!!?!?!!? Such overkill.

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    I think it was Orochimaru who chose the Hideout, and yes I too am still wondering why.

I can't help the feeling that something is being rushed here:

We don't know why Orochimaru is being more mellow, perhaps a Hashirama body is better than an Uchiha body.
    Yondaime never got to talk about the Masked Man who brought the Kyuubi.
    Sasuke vs Naruto may not be over.
    Naruto's unltimate powerup will need a worthy villain...Who?
    A potential Saku-Saske-Karin love triangle has reappeared.

And much much more.
    I think the Masked Man/Kyuubi attack will be addressed when Minato arrives at the battle field. There's no way I can imagine the moment to be anything less than show-stopping with some dialogue to follow. Kishi might even use it to strengthen Sasuke's resolve and bond with Naruto, linking their tragedies when Sasuke realizes the same person was instrumental in taking away their loved ones: Obito. Do you think they will chose to kill him in that case?

I kinda feel like Orochimaru has never been very substantiated in his motivation to f with Konoha. I believe around the timeskip it had been speculated that he blames his parents' deaths on the village but is that a fact? it seems as though his actions were mostly thinly-veiled personal emotions toward a single person with no regard for the collateral damage. In the case of Sandaime, the collateral damage was actually still personal damage for obvious reasons. I somewhat feel as though his act of ET on the Hokage, specifically Minato and Hiruzen, may have of calmed his vendettas toward the Leaf?

OR MAYBE... Orochimaru IS planning something big, and has a BIG secret, and will be the final villain. we have seen a couple of MAJOR power-ups for him since his revival. also, he's not above turning on his alliances/loyalties (as was reiterated by his dismissal of Kabuto).

lol i think Sasuke would have to care about one of them beyond fellow human decency (though he has hit/stabbed both of them) for there to be a triangle. instead he's all "GTFO BISH IM DOING NINJA"

There's a twist coming...

Wonder how Kishi is going to set up the Naruto Sasuke fight. Also, since Karin is rolling with Sasuke, whats Sakura's fate and by extension, whats Hinatas one as well?

To those wondering what surprise they have on Madara/Tobi side dont forget Madara was merely playing around testing his powers with the 5 Kages. He can still go Full Susanoo plus he has hardly tapped into the Rinnegans power. He was getting more serious against Naruto but they where using the Jyuubi power which is more difficult to control.

Once Hashirama shows up things will get more serious as Madara's desire to fight and prove himself superior will certainly go way up.

- Imagine Madara using Susanoo around the Jyuubi !

- Madara's weak point is Tobi who he need to protect as he needs him to sacrifice himself for his sake.

- It is possible they simply retreat and Tobi dies reviving Madara and then he becomes the 10 tails host. I also suspected if Madara becomes the 10 tails Jinchuriki he will be overtaken by its power.

Fire type

What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

Quote Originally Posted by POW View Post
    To those wondering what surprise they have on Madara/Tobi side dont forget Madara was merely playing around testing his powers with the 5 Kages. He can still go Full Susanoo plus he has hardly tapped into the Rinnegans power. He was getting more serious against Naruto but they where using the Jyuubi power which is more difficult to control.

Once Hashirama shows up things will get more serious as Madara's desire to fight and prove himself superior will certainly go way up.

- Imagine Madara using Susanoo around the Jyuubi !

- Madara's weak point is Tobi who he need to protect as he needs him to sacrifice himself for his sake.

- It is possible they simply retreat and Tobi dies reviving Madara and then he becomes the 10 tails host. I also suspected if Madara becomes the 10 tails Jinchuriki he will be overtaken by its power.
    Here's how I picture it going:

- We return to the Juubi fight, with Naruto and Co barely holding back the Uchiha duo + rampaging Juubi (the last time we saw them, the Alliance had just managed to sever the link with the Juubi, so I'm guessing it's still broken).

- Just when things look their worst, the Hokages teleport in. Perhaps Minato uses a Space/Time barrier to cancel a Bijuudama, Hashirama uses his Mokuton to catch Madara by surprise (say, catching a Susano'o blade or some such), and Sasuke uses his Susano'o to save Sakura and/or Kakashi from something like the Juubi's tail. Basically a big entrance to give Sasuke's group maximum dramatic effect.

- There's a major reunion between all the obvious characters (Minato/Obito/Kakashi/Naruto, Hashirama/Madara, Sasuke/Naruto/Sakura, etc).

- Just as things are looking up (after perhaps some minor jutsu exchanges, etc), the Juubi transforms, and all hell breaks lose.

- This is where things really get interesting. Naruto is the only one who can stand up to it, with whatever gift the Bijuu gave him.