2 28.57%
  • So So

0 0%
  • Bad

0 0%
  • Terrible

0 0%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    There is a bunch of different types of smart but I think Sanji's smartness involves tactical prowess

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Quote Originally Posted by Airicks View Post
    I wasn't implying that Caribou would fit better then anyone else (although I could argue that his ability to become like a 'treasure chest' would be very helpful, also he could go well with Nami's thunder strikes by bogging down enemies in his swamp) - but the only Logia they could get without being too strong would be a non-elemental type.

I think Monet would be too strong, I know her being 'snow' instead of ice means she is a lower level of Logia, even still, she grew up in the New World, meaning she is used to super strong guys - where as Caribou is a pussy, and may be more of a coward then Usopp (like I could never.. ever see Usopp leaving the rest of the Straw Hats to be captured by the Marines, Caribou dipped on his brother lol)
    I've argued for Monet before, and I'll make a stand again though her current status has yet to be confirmed (she's alive dammit). Over the course of people arguing why a logia DF user could not join the crew, their primary argument against one joining has usually been because of the user likely being too powerful and thus upsetting the balance in the crew. However, in my opinion, that claim has always been aimed at the top three fighters, the Monster Trio. Obviously if a logia would be weak enough to be defeated by Luffy, Zoro and Sanji, as well as fight on par with someone like Franky or Robin, then they would be an ideal canidate to join the crew.

Monet is that ideal logia. Not only does she acknowledge Luffy is among the few pirates she's faced that could destroy her igloo, thus acknowledging she is no match for him if he actually took things seriously, but she also states she is similarly unmatched against Zoro, who never used Haki to defeat her. There is canon evidence that two of the MT members are more powerful than Monet. Sanji, too, has power to overcome her strength, wit, etc. His fiery disposition, flame-inspired attacks, and ever-hot respect for beautiful women certainly prevent Monet from truly ever defeating him. THough he will never strike a woman, Sanji's affectionate personality and never-ending praise of women will forever hold Monet in a shy, blushing mess. Add in that she is willing to fight for her duties/convictions and show some compassion (though slightly flawed) towards others unlike that coward Caribou, and she becomes all the more suited to bear the SH symbol.

Quote Originally Posted by Hart_lerouxx View Post
    I believe Oda said it somewhere. He also said that ben beckman is d smartest in op verse. In enies loby sanji open thegate and save all d crew wHEN nobody in d crew think of it. There are many more things he did.

You can't compare persons whom job is different. I believe if sanji is engineer, doctor or even archeologist he would become a better person than those guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Airicks View Post
    Yes, because genius's worldwide become chefs and not skilled 17 year old Doctors, or Engineers decades ahead of their time.
    Also, nowhere have I ever heard of Oda saying Sanji is the most intelligent in the Straw Hats, don't say you 'heard it somewhere" as use that as proof - give the SBS or other questionnaire that he said it in.

Also, there are many good add-ons for Firefox/Chrome that have spell checks - your typing could use some some work, I don't know why you say 'd' instead of 'the'.
    Quote Originally Posted by aggeroff View Post
    He mentioned that in a SBS back in the first few chapters, back when there were barely any characters to compare between. I'm sure now that almost 600 chapters have passed since that intelligence comparison that the smartest OP character might be different.
    If I remember correctly, Oda stated that Nami was the smartest in the crew, at least those from the East Blue. Of those originating from that sea, she is the third most intelligent, following Ben Beckman and Kuro. Almost positive I read this on OP Wiki, but I'm having trouble locating what page it is on, so take it for what it's worth.

Of course, someone like Robin, if not Nammi, certainly has a claim at being the smartest in the crew simply because she strives to gather as much knowledge as possible, constantly reading books, searching for historical artifacts, and deciphering the ancient Poneglyphs and the truth of the Void Century. Where as I do not discount Franky's intelligence to inventing things, Usopp's ingenuity, nor Chopper's medical prowess, I do not think they are quite as well-rounded intelligent as Sanji may be; Franky is rather immature at times and boasts knowledge on a pretty isolated subject, technology; Ussop may be tactical like Sanji, possibly even more so, but again he has been shown to fits of cowardice and panicking in tough situations, though he has progressed mountains since the two year separation; and Chopper's youth and inexperience with the outside world often caused many of the older members, Sanji included, to instruct Chopper on certain virtues, emotions, and social norms.

Sanji exhibits his prowess in thinking steps ahead of the current situation, such as deciphering Robin would eventually wind up at the train station in Water 7, closing the Gates of Justice prior to the crew escaping on Merry, or any of his Mr. Prince stunts during Little Garden or Alabasta. Include his passionate claim to Kuma in Thriller Bark that he would one day cause the most trouble for the WG, and you already have a intuitive mastermind in the works.

Poetry isn't gay and Sabo isn't dead.

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.