View Poll Results: Rate this Chapter

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Excellent

    5 71.43%
  • Great

    2 28.57%
  • So So

    0 0%
  • Bad

    0 0%
  • Terrible

    0 0%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 33
  1. #21
    Senior Member Blackriot69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    828
    Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    Shock, you brought to light something I missed this chapter. Thank You. But first I should point out that it was already shown that Zoro was faster than a fishman(Hodi) while under water. Which brings me to the thing I missed this chapter. It appears that Zoro is faster than Sanji seeing that Sanji was asking for Zoro to "wait up".

    As for Who gets the mera mera no mi... If Luffy equals Law and Law was only a candidate for the heart seat which Diamante is already in the diamond seat then Diamante is greater than or equal to Law. Therefor Diamante is greater than or equal to Luffy. Meaning, if Luffy doesn't go all out and use his powers, then he will lose. So right now, I'm not too concerned who will eat it, I am more concerned if Luffy will even get it. Even still, Sanji? Never mind, it's probably a joke I don't get.
    It was already known that Zoro had near superhuman speed, even matching Sanji prior to the timeskip. I believe Sanji's use of "wait-up" is simply hiim calling for Zoro to not run off recklessly and become lost, not an illustration of who is faster. Additionally, I still believe we will wind up with this Battle Royale becoming a 5-vs-5. Oda didn't set up this tournament and announce the participation of the Doflamingo Family withou intending to have a massive faceoff. Whether Luffy winds up with the DF or not is of course tens of chapters down the road, but either way no one in the crew will be eating it. The most I'm willing to concede is if Zoro gains a fire sword, and even that is pushing it for me.

  2. #22
    [̲̅ə̲̅٨̲̅٥̲̅٦̲̅] guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    in your hearts
    Posts
    2,658
    Or nobody gets it, Old blind guy can open up a black hole to the center of the earth and drop the mera in

    A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

  3. #23
    Senior Member Airicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    788
    Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    Or nobody gets it, Old blind guy can open up a black hole to the center of the earth and drop the mera in
    I highly doubt the blind dude will affect the fruit, but I think most likely it will be destroyed - the Straw Hats getting the Fire Logia seems too dominant, maybe they could get a Logia like Caribou (swamp), but it would have to be a weak one because they are already pretty strong for a rookie crew.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackriot69 View Post
    Whether Luffy winds up with the DF or not is of course tens of chapters down the road, but either way no one in the crew will be eating it. The most I'm willing to concede is if Zoro gains a fire sword, and even that is pushing it for me.
    I'm not for it, for there to be a Logia weapon, the user would constantly have to use haki to hold it, also you'd never be able to lock swords with it because it's not like it's your body that is the logia (where you could change whether you wanted to be touched or not) the sword would always be it's element except where you were holding it at.

    That dog-cannon in Alabasta was only 'sentient' because it ate a Zoan Fruit, and it seems like Zoan fruits have more.. 'depth' (couldn't think of a better word) - I say this because imagine if Chopper had eaten a logia, he wouldn't have been able to speak or anything - he'd be like a Ice-Reindeer or something.

    So yeah, for Zoro to 'feed' the Fire Logia to one of his swords makes no logical sense to me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hart_lerouxx View Post
    Sanji is d smartest of SH, just wonder what will happen. But love is blind. Violet might really fall in love with him.
    Luffy will win, but we'll see some new technique since prisoner lv 6 may attend and diamante quite a tough guy.

    Imo, some devil fruits need requirements. Mental strength, physical are correlated to d devil fruit requirement.
    I don't thik nami can handle that fruit. Her body will broke, in d other hand sanji would definitely fill that requirement.
    Sanji is definitely not the smartest in the crew lol, I think overall the smartest is ..

    Franky - Engineering, he can understand tech decades ahead of the rest of OPverse.
    Chopper - Medicine to me would be harder to learn/diagnoses then any of the others professions.
    Robin - her age/childhood make her the 3rd, I would make her 2nd but I think being a largely self-taught Doctor is harder to be then a largely self-taught historian
    Nami - I was about to put her as third, since One Piece is not like our world, she understands weather anomalies that would be impossible in real life, but it's hard to bet against a life time of studying, unless your a 17 year old genius doctor reindeer lol
    Usopp - His handiman skills make him a solid 5th, before the break I may had made him 4th with Nami 5th, but now I think Nami is above him in book smarts.

    That's not street smarts, I mean book smarts - also I don't remember any bodily requirements for someone to use a DF, if a gun can eat and use a fruit then anything should be able to.
    Last edited by Airicks; 03-29-2013 at 10:16 AM.
    Click to see what RPG personality you are.
    (It's funny because I ALWAYS use a bow if its available in a game lol)

  4. #24
    Senior Member Blackriot69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    828
    ^Well I'm not for a flaming logia sword either, but if Luffy has his mind set on the fruit being eaten and staying within the crew, that is what I'll concede for happening. Also, Monet would be a better fit for the SHs than Caribou; she can at least fight and understand situations that call for tactical approaches, those that call for fighting, and those that need the secrecy and cunningness. Caribou just believes because he is a logia, he is unbeatable and can do whatever he thinks. Pekoms said as much back on FI.

  5. #25
    Senior Member Airicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    788
    I wasn't implying that Caribou would fit better then anyone else (although I could argue that his ability to become like a 'treasure chest' would be very helpful, also he could go well with Nami's thunder strikes by bogging down enemies in his swamp) - but the only Logia they could get without being too strong would be a non-elemental type.

    I think Monet would be too strong, I know her being 'snow' instead of ice means she is a lower level of Logia, even still, she grew up in the New World, meaning she is used to super strong guys - where as Caribou is a pussy, and may be more of a coward then Usopp (like I could never.. ever see Usopp leaving the rest of the Straw Hats to be captured by the Marines, Caribou dipped on his brother lol)
    Click to see what RPG personality you are.
    (It's funny because I ALWAYS use a bow if its available in a game lol)

  6. #26
    Yonkou Hart_lerouxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    New Era
    Posts
    161
    Sanji is definitely not the smartest in the crew lol, I think overall the smartest is ..
    I believe Oda said it somewhere. He also said that ben beckman is d smartest in op verse. In enies loby sanji open thegate and save all d crew wHEN nobody in d crew think of it. There are many more things he did.

    You can't compare persons whom job is different. I believe if sanji is engineer, doctor or even archeologist he would become a better person than those guys.

  7. #27
    Senior Member Airicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    788
    Quote Originally Posted by Hart_lerouxx View Post
    I believe Oda said it somewhere. He also said that ben beckman is d smartest in op verse. In enies loby sanji open thegate and save all d crew wHEN nobody in d crew think of it. There are many more things he did.

    You can't compare persons whom job is different. I believe if sanji is engineer, doctor or even archeologist he would become a better person than those guys.
    Yes, because genius's worldwide become chefs and not skilled 17 year old Doctors, or Engineers decades ahead of their time.
    Also, nowhere have I ever heard of Oda saying Sanji is the most intelligent in the Straw Hats, don't say you 'heard it somewhere" as use that as proof - give the SBS or other questionnaire that he said it in.

    Also, there are many good add-ons for Firefox/Chrome that have spell checks - your typing could use some some work, I don't know why you say 'd' instead of 'the'.
    Click to see what RPG personality you are.
    (It's funny because I ALWAYS use a bow if its available in a game lol)

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackriot69 View Post
    There is an easy explanation as to why Sanji will NEVER eat the Mera Mera: MERMAIDS.
    Agreed; nuff said.

    Quote Originally Posted by cross777 View Post
    Well, i am still all for sanji getting the mera mera, i think he would be fine with it, and i mean i do not see how it would degrade his training, all it would do is give him a raw power upgrade to add to all the stuff he learned, not over shadow it.
    Here's a question then, would the outlined above^^^, contradict the idea of false power you haven't "worked for/ earned" ( look at Jimbei's/ Luffy's mini -speech for more exact terminology), that Oda practically force fed, in FI especially? Because IMHO, it would. Taking pretty much all SH's out of the equation.
    Just sayin...

    Then there's the connotation/ denotation of the word memento; indicates IMHO, keeping it, as is.

    also, When reading that pannel with rob talking about the DF and one line stuck out to me. We know that BB is special and that is why he can have more than one DF but rob said it him self. think of the negative effects that one have on your body, imagine what 2 would do to you. i am wondering if black beard could have some nasty side effects from all these DF's
    Interesting way of looking at it, That could be a facet of a great equalizer again for Luffy when he fights him last.
    hmmn...

    Quote Originally Posted by aggeroff View Post
    Its a shame really, Sanji will probably never get married even after the series ends, mostly because pirates don't seem to get married that much. The only pirates it this series that we have seen to have married are Gold Roger and Yasoop, and both of them left their wives (You can count Dragon as well if you want). Whitebeard probably would have had a wife if he could, but I'm guessing based on his actions of making his crew is family that he was unable to have biological children. Plus I don't even know if Sanji wants to have a wife, perhaps he prefers being free to goggle at any woman he meets and not be tied down with a single woman.
    Wouldn't be surprised if like some Law + Order SVU type stuff, this is just (Violently) Violet's(call the nickname a hunch), cycle, (not that cycle), but she goes thru men, from her phrasing "a decently large amount of men', falling in love really quickly, then 'making something wrong in the relationship', then finding new guy to kill old guy and love. Wash, Rinse, repeat the cycle again. Ironically a more deadly crazy psycho female Sanji. Like Barney from HIMYM says, it's the balance of the crazy/ hot graph
    I think it'd be funny if things were going perfectly and they're still somehow in a relationship and she's still actually liking him, (Sanji maybe even having just short of, or actually proposing), by the end of the arc(not sure how as Sanji'll probably have to kill some1 for her, to get her to "accept him"), until it's time to leave the island, and she either sees Robin/ Nami, or she realizes he's a pirate and in her mind, makes it sees it as leaving her. Then she leaves momentarily coming back with a new man to kill Sanji for her, continuing the cycle again for her. Sanji left..
    actually glad he left that crazy in the wind, but missing that body none -the -less.


    Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    Shock, you brought to light something I missed this chapter. Thank You. But first I should point out that it was already shown that Zoro was faster than a fishman(Hodi) while under water. Which brings me to the thing I missed this chapter. It appears that Zoro is faster than Sanji seeing that Sanji was asking for Zoro to "wait up".

    As for Who gets the mera mera no mi... If Luffy equals Law and Law was only a candidate for the heart seat which Diamante is already in the diamond seat then Diamante is greater than or equal to Law. Therefor Diamante is greater than or equal to Luffy. Meaning, if Luffy doesn't go all out and use his powers, then he will lose. So right now, I'm not too concerned who will eat it, I am more concerned if Luffy will even get it. Even still, Sanji? Never mind, it's probably a joke I don't get.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackriot69 View Post
    It was already known that Zoro had near superhuman speed, even matching Sanji prior to the timeskip. I believe Sanji's use of "wait-up" is simply hiim calling for Zoro to not run off recklessly and become lost, not an illustration of who is faster. Additionally, I still believe we will wind up with this Battle Royale becoming a 5-vs-5. Oda didn't set up this tournament and announce the participation of the Doflamingo Family withou intending to have a massive faceoff. Whether Luffy winds up with the DF or not is of course tens of chapters down the road, but either way no one in the crew will be eating it. The most I'm willing to concede is if Zoro gains a fire sword, and even that is pushing it for me.
    Agreed with BlackRiot's assessment, Xiaoxiao, and the situation with Hody, always thought they meant in terms of his and Hody's strikes, Zolo's were faster, especially since Zolo barely seemed to move from the same general area underwater?..

    Also can see DD underestimating Luffy in 1 thing primarily, his strength, and Diamante being easier, as in still not necessarily the fight he goes all out in, unless DD also manged to give Diamante some "edges" that are surprisingly effective.

    Quote Originally Posted by Airicks View Post
    I highly doubt the blind dude will affect the fruit, but I think most likely it will be destroyed - the Straw Hats getting the Fire Logia seems too dominant, maybe they could get a Logia like Caribou (swamp), but it would have to be a weak one because they are already pretty strong for a rookie crew.



    I'm not for it, for there to be a Logia weapon, the user would constantly have to use haki to hold it, also you'd never be able to lock swords with it because it's not like it's your body that is the logia (where you could change whether you wanted to be touched or not) the sword would always be it's element except where you were holding it at.

    That dog-cannon in Alabasta was only 'sentient' because it ate a Zoan Fruit, and it seems like Zoan fruits have more.. 'depth' (couldn't think of a better word) - I say this because imagine if Chopper had eaten a logia, he wouldn't have been able to speak or anything - he'd be like a Ice-Reindeer or something.

    So yeah, for Zoro to 'feed' the Fire Logia to one of his swords makes no logical sense to me.
    Yet that 1st part makes sense to you?
    How'd the cannon eat the fruit? No...
    How'd the cannon eat anything at all before having the fruit itself?
    What even defines "eating" for an inanimate object; spilling the juice of the fruit on the thing or it's insides)?
    How exactly does Zoan give it sentience?

    Not really asking, just pointing out, it's a crazy thin line between logical sense and not in OP.
    1 reason we might not see logia items could be just plain greed. Would you really go thru any effort to give intangibility to a thing when you would easily want it for yourself?


    Quote Originally Posted by Blackriot69 View Post
    ^Well I'm not for a flaming logia sword either, but if Luffy has his mind set on the fruit being eaten and staying within the crew, that is what I'll concede for happening. Also, Monet would be a better fit for the SHs than Caribou; she can at least fight and understand situations that call for tactical approaches, those that call for fighting, and those that need the secrecy and cunningness. Caribou just believes because he is a logia, he is unbeatable and can do whatever he thinks. Pekoms said as much back on FI.
    Having a grandma fight for him, his massive amount of hiding nowadays, and all his other experiences might indicate that he learned a bit of humility since then.
    There are more things in heaven and earth then is dreamt of in your philosophy

  9. #29
    Senior Member Airicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    788
    Quote Originally Posted by SCarred Luffy Lvl:Z View Post
    Yet that 1st part makes sense to you?
    How'd the cannon eat the fruit? No...
    How'd the cannon eat anything at all before having the fruit itself?
    What even defines "eating" for an inanimate object; spilling the juice of the fruit on the thing or it's insides)?
    How exactly does Zoan give it sentience?

    Not really asking, just pointing out, it's a crazy thin line between logical sense and not in OP.
    1 reason we might not see logia items could be just plain greed. Would you really go thru any effort to give intangibility to a thing when you would easily want it for yourself?
    It makes sense in One Piece logic, as it was already stated that they could 'feed' weapons devil fruits, how it's done has not been explained but we know it's possible.
    Zoan's could add sentience in the same way they seem to change the mentality of the user - they are not like a simple Paramecia/Logia that are Elemental or Technical systems (again, it's hard to find words to describe a Scissor/Spring Devil Fruit, but one thing is for sure - Scissors/Springs/Snow don't think and don't seem to change the behaviors of the people who eat them).

    I think it was described in the Water 7 arc, that if you eat a carnivore type Zoan then you will be more aggressive then if you ate a herbivore type Zoan, and like how Chopper was originally a reindeer now he can act like a man (more like a man then reindeer), the cannon ate a dog DF and thus acted like a dog.
    I'm guessing it's like if the fruit is of a higher sentient animal that animals behavior will be more noticeable - so Chopper ate the human fruit and humans are above reindeer thus Chopper acts more like a human then reindeer - the cannon was fed a dog fruit thus the dog aspect was more in control then the cannon.

    But it isn't like that for Logias/Paramecia - like are scissors/fire more sentient then a sword? no, so the sword would just gain whatever the power the fruit had, if it was given a Logia then the sword would constantly be whatever the logia was unless it was being effected by Haki/Sea Stone.

    I agree that it's a crazy thin line lol, but that is because we don't really know what gives DF's their powers, if we did I think a lot of this would make more sense.
    Click to see what RPG personality you are.
    (It's funny because I ALWAYS use a bow if its available in a game lol)

  10. #30
    Hee Hee Hee XD aggeroff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    where there is food
    Posts
    1,934
    Quote Originally Posted by Hart_lerouxx View Post
    I believe Oda said it somewhere. He also said that ben beckman is d smartest in op verse. In enies loby sanji open thegate and save all d crew wHEN nobody in d crew think of it. There are many more things he did.

    You can't compare persons whom job is different. I believe if sanji is engineer, doctor or even archeologist he would become a better person than those guys.
    He mentioned that in a SBS back in the first few chapters, back when there were barely any characters to compare between. I'm sure now that almost 600 chapters have passed since that intelligence comparison that the smartest OP character might be different.
    Aggravate, Anger, and Piss off


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •