• Average

4 33.33%
  • Bad

0 0%
  • Terrible

1 8.33%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bankai View Post
    what make u think he was blind?.........
    side note: the 2nd hokage was badass
    As I recall the data books said that Izuna died in battle, but Tobi had said that Izuna gave Madara his own eyes, which had to be done before he died in battle.

This infers that Izuna went into battle after giving up his eyes, in other words he went into battle while being blind and then died in battle.

The answer is that Izuna did not(exactly) die in battle and the Data book was full of BS.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

To me, having a mortal wound inflicted in battle and dying a short time later, is the same as dying in battle.

Sig and Ava by Imotochan

It seems as though Madara awakens the sharingan in this chapter. If that is true, than what of this?

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/naruto/v63/c623/9.html

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    As I recall the data books said that Izuna died in battle, but Tobi had said that Izuna gave Madara his own eyes, which had to be done before he died in battle.

This infers that Izuna went into battle after giving up his eyes, in other words he went into battle while being blind and then died in battle.

The answer is that Izuna did not(exactly) die in battle and the Data book was full of BS.
    Can you bring up the chapter/page where Tobi says this?

As I see it, things are clear to me.

Izuna took some mortal wounds and died after the battle but not before giving his eyes to Madara.

Quote Originally Posted by janfeae View Post
    Well they clearly live on to be named Hokage, but does anyone understand the meaning of the title?
    kage who gets the hoes.. oohhhyeeah

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbitrary View Post
    Can you bring up the chapter/page where Tobi says this?

As I see it, things are clear to me.

Izuna took some mortal wounds and died after the battle but not before giving his eyes to Madara.

Here is where Tobi spoke of Izuna willingly giving his eyes to Madara
    I think it may have been Itachi who said Madara was going blind.

Spoiler!

Since I can'tfind the databook reference just now, here is a link to the Naruto Wiki which says essentially the same thing.
    http://narutofanon.wikia.com/wiki/Izuna_Uchiha

Until now Kishi had said Madara was going blind, and Izuna sacrificed his eyes for the good of the clan, and that Izuna had died in battle later.

You should look up the Naruto wikis before they change the entries to accommodate the latest revelations

While I am not completely sure on the going blind part since it may have been Itachi who said it, the dieing in battle part was from databooks as I recall.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

In this chapter we found out that Madara had EMS when he fought Hirashima, so what did Madara mean by he has changed when he fought Hirashima at the VOTE battle? http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/621/10

Quote Originally Posted by janfeae View Post
    It seems as though Madara awakens the sharingan in this chapter. If that is true, than what of this?

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/naruto/v63/c623/9.html
    Yeah, I wondered about that, too... who knows, maybe Uchiha have naturally better eyesight even without the Sharingan. I agree, it was implied in the previous chapter (or almost explicitly stated) that Madara had already awakened the Sharingan. And also, Madara was said to have killed several capable Senju... how the hell did he achieve that if he wasn't even powerful enough to awaken the Sharingan?

I know a lot of ninjas get by without it, but you'd think any competent Uchiha would already have awakened it. Maybe it's a higher level awakening than we give it credit for, and we take it for granted?

^ From what I understood, Madara must have awakened it in one of their sparing matches. The reason why he didn't show it to others, was to avoid spilling blood for the time being (he didn't know Hashi's clan name at that time, so he might have ended fighting him if he were going to battlefields frequently). From what I saw, awakening a Sharingan means that you no longer can avoid battle and are forced to participate. If you think about it, it was similar for Itachi, even though they lived in different periods of time. Or was it because Itachi willingly joined the battle to make some changes in society ?

Quote Originally Posted by Arbitrary View Post
    Yep and the best part, Tobirama died exactly the same way (only which his eyes... probably ), after sustaining mortal wounds in battle, he returned only to die. From what I recall, it was the Kyubi brothers that mortally wounded and most likely at the time of Danzou's flashback in which Tobirama chose Hiruzen to be the next one... I guess he chose him because he was more like Hashirama than he himself ever was...

I can't wait for the moment that Tobirama realizes that Minato's S-T jutsu is superior, only to realizes again that Obito is even better, I guess it includes Kakashi as well .

Interesting enough, Naruto might be able to obtain all 3 known S-T (not counting summonings):
    - from Obito's/Kakashi's eye,
    - from Minato,
    - from Tobirama.

We have to remember that Tobirama's jutsu had to be superior in some parts compared to Minato's, for Namikaze to compare it with Obitoto's jutsu as well. If Minato's was better in every way, then what would be the point of bringing it up when comparing levels of powerful S-T jutsu ?

BTW, from the pages and Madara's words, it does seem that the moment Izuna received the wounds, was when he was battling Hashirama, probably because Uchiha were overpowered. Madara was most likely taking care of multiple Senju, while Hashi was defending against Izuna (he might have been avoiding killing him), only for Tobiram to teleport and slice up his guts open with space bending attack. Izuna's stance at that time does imply that he was caught off guard (you would think that surprising an MS user with space bending speed would be quite hard ).
    Last edited by Zero; 03-20-2013 at 03:05 AM.

Paul, I'm still sticking up with my thoughts on how the Izuna thing happened.

It's a wiki page, most probably those weren't the best choices of words to explain what happened.

If you read it while knowing what I said, it'll make more sense.