2 16.67%
  • So So

1 8.33%
  • Bad

0 0%
  • Terrible

1 8.33%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Well, predictable, but still very pleasing to see .

Actually, I remember that someone pointed that Ishin was in fact a Shinigami at the time of TBTP arc, but he was standing in the corner (only his eyes and hair could be seen IIRC) in one page, it was this:

Good chapter . So, Ichigo really is NOT a shinigami, not even partially ? So even Ginjou was more of a Shinigami than Ichigo .

MANGASTREAM VERSION

So, should we consider Ichigo as a Quincy with a bit of Shinigami/Hollow/Fullbring powers ? If that's the case then his untapped Quincy potential must be far, far superior to his other power. No wonder that Bach wanted to reeducated him in Quincy ways.

BTW, if someone was still wondering about/doubting it (I found it somewhere on the net):
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by Zero; 03-06-2013 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    So, should we consider Ichigo as a Quincy with a bit of Shinigami/Hollow/Fullbring powers ? If that's the case then his untapped Quincy potential must be far, far superior to his other power. No wonder that Bach wanted to reeducated him in Quincy ways.
    It would be inaccurate to say a bit, he has full Shinigami, Hollow and Fullbring powers. I think his a Quincy and it's his Quincy power/ability that allows him to have all these different powers.

Great chapter. So Isshin is a part of the Shiba clan like we all knew he was. Toshiro and Matsumoto being being his subordinates back in the day did come as a surprise. I want to think that they figured out who Ichigo was before everyone else but am going to wait until Kubo clears that one up for us am not even going to touch it right now. Am glad that Isshin's personality hasn't changed over the years. He still has the goofy/serious side of him. In all honesty we should not be surprise that Aizen shows up in this backstory. He knew what Ichigo was along, that Ichigo was a son of a shinigami and a quincy. I do think what Kubo is going to do here later as the flashback goes on is find someway that Aizen had something to do with Masaki's death or what leads to it, I just have that feeling its coming.

This flashback is going to take a while, I think a little bit more than the TBTP arc.

Quote Originally Posted by kiduka View Post
    It would be inaccurate to say a bit, he has full Shinigami, Hollow and Fullbring powers. I think his a Quincy and it's his Quincy power/ability that allows him to have all these different powers.
    This.

The thing is the Shinigami detector said that he is not a Shinigami... what's more he can't tap into true Shinigami powers it seems, so yeah, he does not posses full Shinigami powers, when he can't tap into them fully as other Shinigami can do (for example like Renji seemingly can now). Still, just because he won't grow any stronger as a Shinigami doesn't mean he won't be a few times stronger. I mean seriously, a Quincy with lower amounts of power than VC can kick Captain class warrior's ass, what do you think will Ichigo be capable of, as a Quincy with Double reiatsu of a Captain plus bits of other powers ?

Naruto

Quote Originally Posted by Jaiden View Post
    Great chapter. I do think what Kubo is going to do here later as the flashback goes on is find someway that Aizen had something to do with Masaki's death or what leads to it, I just have that feeling its coming.

This flashback is going to take a while, I think a little bit more than the TBTP arc.
    Yeah I'd put money on either Aizen or Bach truly being behind Masaki's demise. Although, if it was Aizen you'd think Bach would have a problem with this. You just know Bach is Ichigo's grandfather. Kubo just has to troll a little longer until its revealed lol.

I hope he takes his time with this flashback, the manga needs to be fleshed out more. This chapter was funny & informative.

The thing is the Shinigami detector said that he is not a Shinigami... what's more he can't tap into true Shinigami powers it seems, so yeah, he does not posses full Shinigami powers, when he can't tap into them fully as other Shinigami can do (for example like Renji seemingly can now). Still, just because he won't grow any stronger as a Shinigami doesn't mean he won't be a few times stronger. I mean seriously, a Quincy with lower amounts of power than VC can kick Captain class warrior's ass, what do you think will Ichigo be capable of, as a Quincy with Double reiatsu of a Captain plus bits of other powers ?
    Begs the question of what exactly a Shinigami is. Afterall, Shinigamis start off as normal human souls who have high Reiatsu and then join SS.

I would go as far as to say that With Ichigo, Rukia transfered her Shinigami Powers into him, but since he was already Half Shinigami, What Rukia did Kick Started his Shinigami Side and that became dominant. I think in addittion, Ichigo was able to materialize Zangetsu because of his Quincy side which can Manipulate Spirit Particles.

Ichigo should be able to repeat this when he comes to terms with his Quicy side, or when he learns to consciously manipulate Reishi. Come to think of it, that is exactly what Fullbringers do, Right?
    Last edited by paulbee; 03-06-2013 at 07:41 PM.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Well we know his not a Shinigami, but what do you mean he can't tap into the full Shinigami powers?

They way I see it, Ichigo has the full power it's just that his Zanpakuto came from a different source rather than the Asouchi which is why he failed. Other than that he has the full power the only thing he lacks is Kaido.

Prick List: Gaara, Bee Genesis 1.0's Avatar
    The fact that Ichigo alone was able to completely override the Zanpaktou evolution process is monumental. It really makes me wonder, just what IS Zangetsu then? He' obviously outside the sphere of the process of any Shinigami, and if his zanpaktou is simply a manipulation of spirit particles, what in the Hell is Zangetsu?

Another awesome chapter.

"For I being a poor man, have only my dreams & I have spread them beneath your feet. Tread carefully, for you tread upon my dreams."

Well we know his not a Shinigami, but what do you mean he can't tap into the full Shinigami powers?

They way I see it, Ichigo has the full power it's just that his Zanpakuto came from a different source rather than the Asouchi which is why he failed. Other than that he has the full power the only thing he lacks is Kaido.
    The Asauchi itself seem to give a boost in power (Ichigo doesn't gets any of that), what's more, without it, the next part of the training would be meaningless, which means that it's another boost in power that Shinigami can obtain but not Ichigo (for now that is). Seeing as the Quincy can only steal Bankais, without Shikai and Asauchi, but don't have their own Zans and the fact that there are no Shinigami that once were Quincy, does imply that there is something within their blood and souls that doesn't allow them to become proper Shinigami. Perhaps the whole conflict between Quincy and Shinigami lies much, much deeper than the difference of taking care of Hollows. Perhaps the fundamental difference in their souls is what sparked the first conflict ?

The Zansmith mentions that only after learning his roots, he can move forward. It's unknown if he meant it the same way that Tensa Zangetsu, or if he was talking about continuing with other parts of Soul King's Realm. But seeing as without completing this part, moving him up is pointless, it might be that the next stop is Soul King.

Quote Originally Posted by Genesis 1.0 View Post
    The fact that Ichigo alone was able to completely override the Zanpaktou evolution process is monumental. It really makes me wonder, just what IS Zangetsu then? He' obviously outside the sphere of the process of any Shinigami, and if his zanpaktou is simply a manipulation of spirit particles, what in the Hell is Zangetsu?

Another awesome chapter.
    If you think about it, all zanpakuto(the physcial(ha) sword part) are just manifestations of spirit particles, just like everything else in SS. And an asauchi is just a means of forming one's zanpakuto. Think of an asauchi as a framework or basis for shinigami to build upon to create their zanpakuto. Zangetsu is definitely a zanpakuto. It has a manifestation and will of its own just like any other zanpakuto and also gives Ichigo a boost in power. The only difference is that Ichigo did not need an asauchi(aid) to awaken his. This isn't to say that he won't be able to do some different things with Zangetsu because of his unique circumstances such as repairing on his own or maybe upgrading it, but make no mistake Zangetsu is still a zanpakuto.