7 38.89%
  • So So

3 16.67%
  • Bad

0 0%
  • Terrible

1 5.56%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    So Madara and Hashirama's concept was not How to End The Shinobi System, but rather to make it more Humane.

I think they succeeded intheir goals. Today, instead of random clans fighting wars while creating and breaking temporary alliances, the Naruto World is populated by Hidden Villages where children are trained to join the Adults, but never have to actually fight in wars. The system may have been improved beyond this had Madara not gone Major Emo and started hostilities from the inception of the Village System.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

One thing I strike amusing is that Madara did in fact manage to gather the shinobi world into an alliance. Only because of him being the bad guy. What if Madara actually pulled an Itachi? Acting like the bad guy but in reality, this was his plan all along?

Konjiki Ashisogi Jizō Daemon Spade's Avatar
    inbetween Matsumoto's ______! Dont, judge me!
    I wonder if anyone thought of this: Betsuma and Tobirama have the advantage in this situation over Tajima and Izuna. The reason I say that is because they're about to fight in the middle of the river. Isnt Tobirama one of the strongest water element users in Narutoverse?

How badass does little Tobirama look on the last page?

I liked how Madara and Hashirama warned each other that it was a trap. They seem to really be friends. Cant wait for more, the two weeks is gonna kill me.
    FOOLS!!!!!

Favorite Manga/Anime Characters
    Naruto, Orochimaru, Jariya, Itachi, Ichigo, Mayuri, Kenpachi, Mugen, Vash the Stampede, "L", Edward Elric, Reborn, Rokudo Mukuro, Black Star, Dr. Fraken Stein, Death the Kid

Shiniobi of the Kage Clan odramek's Avatar
    The two obedient sons are Tobirama and Izuna. And the clan-head apparent are the trouble makers. Good storyline development Kishi. But how did Tobirama and Izuna know each other and Madara or Hashirama not know. That means Tobirama and Izuna met numerous times on the battle field, with their dads most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by odramek View Post
    The two obedient sons are Tobirama and Izuna. And the clan-head apparent are the trouble makers. Good storyline development Kishi. But how did Tobirama and Izuna know each other and Madara or Hashirama not know. That means Tobirama and Izuna met numerous times on the battle field, with their dads most likely.
    I hope Kishi explains this... for now, I'm just saying the fathers met on the field of battle, and the sons did their research or something. It'd seem weird that the younger brothers had already met in battle while older brothers had not.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    The picture is wrong. The Japanese on the left says Madara and the right says Hashirama. Unless I've been confusing the two, the text should be switched lol

Pretty awesome chapter though. I'm loving these flashbacks. I have a feeling that Madara and Hashirama have developed a strong bond, but have to put on a show for their families in order to preserve peace. I have a feeling that the last fight they had didn't go as planned, and Hashirama's death was the ultimate catalyst to current Madara's plan.

TWO WEEKS THOUGH!!! FMLLLL
    "I'm like the sun, I'm trying to shine on everybody"
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Remember when Saskue said that when two first class shinobis 'trade fists with each other', they will know what is each others hearts. Interesting that is what Madara and Hashirama wants.

Wonder if that will be the ending of the manga? Also if that how Naruto can answer Pain's question that he asked in their first fight..

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Bones View Post
    One thing I strike amusing is that Madara did in fact manage to gather the shinobi world into an alliance. Only because of him being the bad guy. What if Madara actually pulled an Itachi? Acting like the bad guy but in reality, this was his plan all along?

That's a damn good "What if?". It would be a great swerve. But I don't see Kishimoto doing something like that.

I think the current Madara only cares about winning... he's just a bitter old man who's lost one too many times in his life, and he's determined to have the last laugh. Originally he may have had noble intentions, and honestly loved his brother and his friend, but he's become twisted... his obsession with Hashirama torments him, as Madara has never truly felt he's "won" against his rival. He hasn't learned from any of his past mistakes, and instead is just trying to obtain greater power to gain a final victory and effectively rewrite his past failures.

The Moon's Eye Plan is something Madara came up with as an old man, after he'd obtained the keys to finally surpassing Hashirama (the Rinnegan/Mokuton/Gedo Mazou), but had lost the strength to wield them on his own... he needed the Moon's Eye Plan to restore his youthful vigour, effectively rewriting history and making it seem as if he hadn't lost, and that he hadn't lived out the remaining decades of his life hiding and aging in fear and solitude.

For what it's worth, I think Hashirama's greatest "victory" over Madara will, in Madara's eyes, be the fact that Hashirama managed to protect his remaining brother, Tobirama, while Madara lost his... what is more, Izuna will have sacrificed himself to give Madara the power to live out his dream (or maybe it'd be better to refer to the dream as a "vision"). I'm sure Hashirama will succeed on his own strength, without the need for Tobirama to sacrifice himself. And in the end, Hashirama will be seen by everyone as the "winner" of the two, while Madara is the "loser", even though Madara gave everything to make their mutual dream come true.

It draws some parallels between Obito and Kakashi; "Where there is light, there will also be shadows. As long as the concept of winners exists, so will the concept of losers."