7 38.89%
  • So So

3 16.67%
  • Bad

0 0%
  • Terrible

1 5.56%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    i wonder if the third will make an appearance later on (as a student).

"whoaaaaa"

nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by snowbear View Post
    i wonder if the third will make an appearance later on (as a student).
    I suspect we'll see that, yeah... I wonder how long these flashbacks will be? 5 chapters? 10 chapters? My guess is that the chapters from the Hokages being revived to the end of these flashbacks will comprise an entire volume, so we've probably got quite a bit left. Next chapter we'll see their dads off'd, after that we'll see some more war and Madara awakening his Mangekyou, then the events leading up to the founding of the Leaf (where Hiruzen will be present), and then Madara's betrayal.

Personally, I hope we see how Hashirama created the Wood Style and his first run in with a Bijuu. Maybe we can get some insight as to how he become so unnaturally strong. Madara makes sense since he has a Sharingan, but Hashi is another story. We all know the Senjuu were the strongest, but what made Hashi so special he was the only Senjuu who could do Wood Style? Tobirama was his brother and Tsunade was his granddaughter, but yet, neither of them could do Wood Style. I just think that's a lil weird. And I REALLY hope we get to see the creation of Edo Tensei. What made Tobirama even attempt something like that? If you ask me, maybe something happened with upcoming fight that made Tobirama obsessed with bringing back people from the dead. Was it the deaths of his younger brothers? Was it the death of his father? Or was it the death of Hashi that spurred on his obsession? The reason I say obsession is, we've all wished someone we loved who died was back with us, but no one ever said "Hey, I'm gonna kill this guy to bring my mother back." This guy actually found a way to bring back cognitive zombies with superpowers! That goes under the Obsessed Much? category right along with anything Orochimaru does. And what was Tobiramas space/time ninjutsu? If you ask me, personality wise, I think the second Hokage is a dick, but that's my opinion. The next few chapters are gonna be really insightful. I think it's an understatement that Kishi stepped his game up. The pace of the whole Ninja World War arc is really picking up, I was actually kinda bored with the Naruto side of the War, TBH, after he killed Neji I kinda lost interest. Now I can't see my Lee vs Neji fight! I was looking forward to that one! I thought that one was set in stone, but he completely cell block D, no lube, screwed me out of that one!!! Sorry, I guess I'm more pissed about that than I thought. But I digress, since bringing the Kages back I'm anxious to see the Naruto side now, the other half of Kuramas chakra is out and about and shit is about to go down! Naruto already did some crazy, insane stuff with HALF of the Foxes power, what the hell is gonna do with ALL of it? Look forward to crazy powerups for EVERYONE! Also, what will Sasuke ask the Second and Fourth Hokages? There's too many questions and reunions I'm looking forward to. The whole War arc is getting really interesting but it looks like we're headed for a time skip. On another note, I hope the First Hokage saves Tsunade and Yamato,
    Last edited by D.J. Uzumaki; 03-08-2013 at 09:27 PM.

Whats to say Hashirama's Father could not use wood style as well and he learned it from him?

Also were we ever told Jiraiya's clan name?
    Quote Originally Posted by [JUiCE] View Post
    The virginity is strong in this one.

I'm pretty sure Hashirama's wood style is not something he just learnt, rather it was something he had genetically, and it may have activated at puberty like the X-Men.

We know it's in his genes because of how every Bad Guy went after Hashirama's cells. Well unless he got exposed to some Radiation that Changed his genes from what he was born with.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

I was really just trying to generate some discussion. It seems unusually dead this week.
    Quote Originally Posted by [JUiCE] View Post
    The virginity is strong in this one.

I'm interested in what made him unique enough to possess the Mokuton, too. I don't think it's as simple as water+earth, or it would probably be more common (to the degree that other bloodline elements tend to run in clans). I think it may have to do with either his extreme life force / physical energies (pretty much "duh") and possibly his mastery of Natrual Energy. No other Mokuton user has been a Sage so far, but perhaps it doesn't directly use Natural Energy, but rather augments the Natural Energy to help the Mokuton grow. And when Hashirama enters Sage Mode to channel that Natural Energy, the effect of both techniques is even greater.

We know the Mokuton definitely absorbs chakra, one way or another... it'd be interesting if there's a Natural Energy link, allowing Hashirama to both wield and create nature with his Mokuton/Sage combo. For what it's worth, that might help explain the link between Mokuton and Gedo Mazou / the Juubi as well. The Gedo doesn't appear to wield Natural Energy, but the Juubi is comprised of it (and still possesses the physical body of the Mazou).
    Last edited by Rlinfamous; 03-10-2013 at 04:44 PM.

@Nano,

Your bait worked, LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Rlinfamous View Post
    I'm interested in what made him unique enough to possess the Mokuton, too. I don't think it's as simple as water+earth, or it would probably be more common (to the degree that other bloodline elements tend to run in clans). I think it may have to do with either his extreme life force / physical energies (pretty much "duh") and possibly his mastery of Natrual Energy. No other Mokuton user has been a Sage so far, but perhaps it doesn't directly use Natural Energy, but rather augments the Natural Energy to help the Mokuton grow. And when Hashirama enters Sage Mode to channel that Natural Energy, the effect of both techniques is even greater.

We know the Mokuton definitely absorbs chakra, one way or another... it'd be interesting if there's a Natural Energy link, allowing Hashirama to both wield and create nature with his Mokuton/Sage combo. For what it's worth, that might help explain the link between Mokuton and Gedo Mazou the Juubi as well. The Gedo doesn't appear to wield Natural Energy, but the Juubi is comprised of it (and still possesses the physical body of the Mazou).
    I completely agree. Somehow mokuton can short circuit Bijuus' powers, and bijuus derive their power from Natural energy and are "offspring" of the Juubi which itself seems almost entirely made from Natural energy. What could be more Natural than Mokuton and Life (or life force)? Somehow there is a connection.

Hashirama typify's The Younger son (SO6P'S) life force, which may have been derived from the Juubi or both Juubi and the SO6P. Perhaps this flashback or one like it will answer many of the mysteries of the Narutoverse.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

My theory is that, just as plants absorb sunlight to grow, the Mokuton can be fed essentially raw Life Force. That's why Naruto's fully-Yang Kyuubi Cloak (and possibly Uzumaki Life Force) have such a strong effect on the Mokuton, while Bee does not.

I think Kishi is trying to draw a metaphor where Naruto's cloak/chakra are like sunlight, which is an age-old symbol of life-giving power... the Mokuton responding to these properties would fit that symbolism. It literally makes the Zetsu grow out of control, to the point where the Jutsu that gives them their humanoid form is broken and they return to pure trees.

And yeah, I agree that power could come from the Juubi, who is the ultimate God of Creation in the Narutoverse.

Hashirama was probably trained in the sage arts in Shikkotsu Forest. As I suspected in the thread I made his style of Sage mode is may have a healing aspect to it. I suspect that he developed his Mokutan style while training there. Since Hashirama's style has him transform his chakra into a source of life it sounds an awful a lot like a healing or regeneration jutsu.

If Shikkotsu Forest styled sage mode specializes in healing and regeneration styled techniques as I suspect you can clearly see the bridge to Hashirama unique jutsu. He discovered the jutsu perhaps by accident when he noticed the plants around him repsonding to his chakra while training then further developed it. Supposedly this should also be home to Tsunade's slug Katsuyu.

I hope his sage training is covered in the flashbacks that would be awesome.

Fire type

What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you