View Poll Results: Rate this Chapter

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Excellent

    7 43.75%
  • Great

    3 18.75%
  • So So

    4 25.00%
  • Bad

    1 6.25%
  • Terrible

    1 6.25%
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 62

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member Anubiz632's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Within The Darkness
    Posts
    862

    Bleach 528 Discussion / 529 Predictions

    http://www.mangapanda.com/bleach/528

    This entire chapter could have been told in 6-7 pages. Kubo be trolling on the origin. I hope his new wife isn't receiving the type of short & unsatisfying conclusions that us fans are.


    http://mangastream.com/read/bleach/10352051/1
    Last edited by Anubiz632; 02-27-2013 at 03:19 PM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member veLocity-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Auckland, NZ
    Posts
    289
    Not particularly surprised tbh, saw that coming a mile away.

    Does this make Ryuuken a cousin of Masaki? Distant relative? An ex-boyfriend? An old childhood friend?

    This does kinda give us some clue to why Isshin left SS, probably during those times it became taboo to associate yourself with a quincy or even attempt to marry one or fall in love with one.

    Then again, how long does a Quincy usually live for? Bach seems to be alive for a long time and Masaki does seem she was alive when Isshin was young, which makes that >200 years ago?

  3. #3
    Global Moderator Jaiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    4,836
    Well I was wrong, Nimaiya really did send Ichigo's ass home. And come on Ichigo, running away from Isshin to your bosses house? Not one of your best idea's. Anyway finally, finally we are about to hear about Isshin's and Masaki's past together. Really looking forward to the next couple of chapters.

  4. #4
    SIMS for short >:] StareIntoMySharingan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,343
    Man, does this guy know how to waste panels. All he did was confirm the obvious, what a waste. The plot development is so slow, so frequently, that I find myself annoyed by it.

    Masaki looks like she was quite the skilled quincy to defeat the enemy that took care of Ichigo's father, which happened to be a captain.

    I can't believe Unohana is dead without owning some quincy folks.

    I enjoy Bleach, I just wished this guy knew how to advance the story more smoothly, considering that he has tons of fans that read it on a weekly basis, rather than by volume. If he knew how to progress the stpry more efficiently, I wouldn't feel so jibbed on a weekly basis, sometimes for weeks at a time.

    I guess I feel slightly better now that I vented. Looking forward to more of the flashback!!
    And witness the sparkle within this world of darkness.
    http://mangashare.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic54294_1.gif


  5. #5
    Senior Member Lakritze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    158
    Last time I posted here I mocked the crappy German language the Quincies use. But this time, I really feel like it. It's flashback-time! If they start to do the same at One Piece (at Naruto, they are already at it), it's gonna be me who will skip reading a few chapters in order to read it altogether. Anyway...

    Quote Originally Posted by veLocity- View Post
    Not particularly surprised tbh, saw that coming a mile away.

    Does this make Ryuuken a cousin of Masaki? Distant relative? An ex-boyfriend? An old childhood friend?

    This does kinda give us some clue to why Isshin left SS, probably during those times it became taboo to associate yourself with a quincy or even attempt to marry one or fall in love with one.

    Then again, how long does a Quincy usually live for? Bach seems to be alive for a long time and Masaki does seem she was alive when Isshin was young, which makes that >200 years ago?

    Quote Originally Posted by StareIntoMySharingan View Post
    Man, does this guy know how to waste panels. All he did was confirm the obvious, what a waste. The plot development is so slow, so frequently, that I find myself annoyed by it.

    Masaki looks like she was quite the skilled quincy to defeat the enemy that took care of Ichigo's father, which happened to be a captain.

    I can't believe Unohana is dead without owning some quincy folks.

    I enjoy Bleach, I just wished this guy knew how to advance the story more smoothly, considering that he has tons of fans that read it on a weekly basis, rather than by volume. If he knew how to progress the stpry more efficiently, I wouldn't feel so jibbed on a weekly basis, sometimes for weeks at a time.

    I guess I feel slightly better now that I vented. Looking forward to more of the flashback!!
    Kubo isn't the great story-teller (as Oda or Kishi), so it may be as simple as that: Isshin fell in love with a Quincy, so he had to leave Soul Society, although he was (or became) strong enough to keep Aizen at bay. Isshin was banned, so he never entered Soul Society (I just can't write "SS", I am just too German to do that) again. When he fights as a Shinigami, it's usually somewhere else.

    The son of this marriage was kept under surveillance by both Quincy and Soul Society, but only few people knew. Ishida's father might be one. Isshin watched his wife die, so maybe he began serious training and became a beast. Remember: When he fought Aizen, he never used his Bankai, so theoretically, there is still potential. Or it's the other way around: It was a Shinigami who was ordered to kill his wife, since Quincies and Shinigami are obviously at war, and all we saw was just a truce. And Isshin only stepped in when the human world or his son were in danger.

    I really hope it's not as simple as that. I do enjoy Bleach, but I don't know really why. Neither the fights are extraordinarilly great, nor is the story. Maybe it's just Kempachi, I really like watching him develop.


    Personal Paulbee-counter to catch up to him: Off the charts.

  6. #6
    The Heropon! Sirxxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Hammerspace
    Posts
    852
    Quote Originally Posted by Anubiz632 View Post
    This entire chapter could have been told in 6-7 pages. Kubo be trolling on the origin. I hope his new wife isn't receiving the type of short & unsatisfying conclusions that us fans are.
    BADUM TSHH!

    Also, I didn't find myself annoyed with "reading" all of the empty space that happened between this chapter as I thought I would have been. Maybe cause Ichigo just went through so much, it makes sense for him to need some emotional time to adjust, and the slow pace got that point across. With everything we've seen from Ichigo so far, it makes perfect sense that he would run instead of face his father after failing so completely. And that set up the great scene of his father finally approaching him in full Shinigami mode. Which then set up the great callback to what we all thought was just a bit of trollbait dialogue from the Aizen saga.

    I dunno. Me likey'd. Ichigo's mother obviously had some skill. Which makes it all the more strange that she got done in by that dumb-ass angler fisher hollow thing that Ichigo slaughtered 8000 years ago. When he was still wielding Chunky Zangetsu, no less!

    WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU WON'T HONOR MY PIRATE KING DISCOUNT!!!



    Proud (and confused) subscriber of Shonen Jump Alpha.

  7. #7
    Senior Member SquadZero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    968
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirxxx View Post
    I dunno. Me likey'd. Ichigo's mother obviously had some skill. Which makes it all the more strange that she got done in by that dumb-ass angler fisher hollow thing that Ichigo slaughtered 8000 years ago. When he was still wielding Chunky Zangetsu, no less!
    I agree with this sentiment, though Ichigo only actually wounded it and Isshin actually killed it off when it was a pseudo-arrancar. Maybe Masaki lost her powers to final quincy mode or something...

  8. #8
    Senior Member Anubiz632's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Within The Darkness
    Posts
    862
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirxxx View Post
    Ichigo's mother obviously had some skill. Which makes it all the more strange that she got done in by that dumb-ass angler fisher hollow thing that Ichigo slaughtered 8000 years ago. When he was still wielding Chunky Zangetsu, no less!
    Quote Originally Posted by SquadZero View Post
    I agree with this sentiment, though Ichigo only actually wounded it and Isshin actually killed it off when it was a pseudo-arrancar. Maybe Masaki lost her powers to final quincy mode or something...
    Yeah Grand Fisher was super annoying. Hey wasn't Ichigo's mom a blonde before or am I just sleepy?

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    370
    Waiting for MS translation...... MP translation says ichigo isn't a shinigami....... its probably he isn't only a shinigami...... and not a normal human either..... coz it would not make sense how he got shikai and bankai and shihakshou and has a zanpaktou spirit........ and his father is a pure shinigami......

    Quote Originally Posted by Sirxxx View Post


    I dunno. Me likey'd. Ichigo's mother obviously had some skill. Which makes it all the more strange that she got done in by that dumb-ass angler fisher hollow thing that Ichigo slaughtered 8000 years ago. When he was still wielding Chunky Zangetsu, no less!
    In a spoiler...... kubo said that it was not grandfisher who killed masaki but someone else that was around the area... grand fisher only took the spoils....... so it would make more sense if he intends to follow what he says to which he usually does

  10. #10
    Senior Member thebulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    539
    Anyone else get the feel that his boss maybe more than what meets the eye? I mean she keeps popping up as some sort of listening hear? Didn't we have tatsuki for that? Seems an unnecessary character...rest assured I doubt Unohana is truly dead yet until we see an obliteration like that of yamamoto's or a funeral her death cannot be confirmed. Also...how the hell does Isshin know so much every single time????

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •