3 18.75%
  • So So

4 25.00%
  • Bad

1 6.25%
  • Terrible

1 6.25%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Why are some people questioning Ichigo being a Shinigami or not? The instant he was removed from his body the first time and a zanpakuto skewered him he turned into a black robe wearing Shinigami with his own zanpakuto and everything... He is definitely part shinigami, but hes just not a "pure shinigami" since he is still a living breathing human, and it seems pure shinigami are born and grown in SS instead of being human, dying and then being brought to SS as a random memory erased human spirit who happens to be hungry.

And on the Masaki killing something Isshin couldn't thing, remember how hollows that are of a particular level have a certain amount of intelligence, im sure they get trickier and craftier when they get more powerful. Isshin could of just being tricked and caught off guard by a slightly powerful hollow and then Masaki who was in the area and apparently not in the fight just went and killed it real quick without being noticed or involved in the trickery. Its happened before to Ichigo and others when they get too wrapped up in a fight and their pride and the hollow takes advantage of them of their stupidity. Seems the Quincy have the right idea, just kill them as fast and efficiently as possible.

Either way Ichigo has way too many things going on inside him and needs to figure out what he is, human or a mish mash of every kind of entity in the universe lol.
    A pie in the sky?

Quote Originally Posted by thebulk View Post
    More importantly i wonder how the hell the grandfisher was able to kill masaki if she was able to beat an enemy that a captain couldn't? Not to mention grandfisher wasn't even an arrancar at that point.
    Quote Originally Posted by kiduka View Post
    That's the thing, there's too many contradictions.

Masaki defeats something that almost killed Isshin, then Masaki gets killed by a fodder hollow, which Isshin one shotted after it powered up.
    Like i mentioned.... there are spoilers about kubo stating that it wasn't really grand fisher who killed masaki but somebody else... grand fisher was only there for the left overs and no body else knows who killed masaki... most probably around the vicinity at that time

notice under masaki

"Ichigo and Isshin believe that Masaki died to Grand Fisher, however this may not be true. The truth will be revealed."

So i don't know if he would push through with it... it depends on kubo but most of the listings there have already come into play.... so we may learn who really killed masaki

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    Why are some people questioning Ichigo being a Shinigami or not? The instant he was removed from his body the first time and a zanpakuto skewered him he turned into a black robe wearing Shinigami with his own zanpakuto and everything... He is definitely part shinigami, but hes just not a "pure shinigami" since he is still a living breathing human, and it seems pure shinigami are born and grown in SS instead of being human, dying and then being brought to SS as a random memory erased human spirit who happens to be hungry.

Either way Ichigo has way too many things going on inside him and needs to figure out what he is, human or a mish mash of every kind of entity in the universe lol.
    Why do some people question whether Ichigo is a Shinigami or not? Well it could be because Isshin may be saying that he isn't one. You are probably right that hes just not a "pure shinigami", but either Kubo or the Translators could not be bothered to make it clear one way or another.

Most of the Shinigamis we know about were not in fact born at souls society, they were former human souls from Rukongai.

Lastly, I like the idea of Ichigo being a mish mash, but I do want him to be pre-eminently Shinigami, in other words, I prefer Ichigo with Zangetsu, rather than Ichigo with bow and arrows. Hope Kubo is listening.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    Why do some people question whether Ichigo is a Shinigami or not? Well it could be because Isshin may be saying that he isn't one. You are probably right that hes just not a "pure shinigami", but either Kubo or the Translators could not be bothered to make it clear one way or another.

Most of the Shinigamis we know about were not in fact born at souls society, they were former human souls from Rukongai.

Lastly, I like the idea of Ichigo being a mish mash, but I do want him to be pre-eminently Shinigami, in other words, I prefer Ichigo with Zangetsu, rather than Ichigo with bow and arrows. Hope Kubo is listening.
    Funny enough most of the current Quincy use swords (not counting the fodder ones)... from the Stern Ritter's there are about 3 who use long range weapon and you know what ? One of them used throwing knifes... There is almost no way that Ichigo will end up with a bow, when his sword can shoot energy beams anyway (plus his hollow side can shoot ceros). It's possible that Zangetsu will not be fully repaired and Ichigo might be forced to start generating the rest of the blade form the reishi around him, you know similar to how Ishida's/Ryuken's Soul Cutter Arrow works. This would make Ichigo's bankai more akin to a light saber ;P.

Well, there was a point were I have started to doubt that Ishin is Ichigo's father. It was the point were his soul remembered the Quincy Blood Arts from one of his parents and seeing as most modern day Shinigami are unable to break through the Blood Defense (without bankai), how could a mere Level 1 hollow even do that ? Plus Bach's longevity and all that black coat perhaps suggested that he is a Shinigami, or at least partially is, or was.

Oh well, it can be explained, but it certainly created a possibility of doubt. For example, the reason that Ishin and Ichigo have similar swords, might be because their characters and thus inner worlds, are similar to each other. It was mentioned (by Urahara or Aizen) that they are very similar to each other.

Well, I sometimes do wonder about Ishin's power level. It seems that he should have been able to top Aizen if he used his full power, but it is quite likely that in his current self, his complete(?) Bankai would crush his wielder, in similar manner to how Ichigo was crushed beneath the Soul Pressure of his own Bankai in fight against Byakuya.

I agree that this is probably what Isshin ment but it just doesn't make sense that hes followed the shinigami path all this time (entire manga) from stock shinigami with zanpakuto, to shikai, to bankai, all the same moves (shunpo blah) and even is recognized as a sub shinigami by all of SS only for Kubo to say opps hes not really a shinigami, its all just a fake lol. Hes definitely part shinigami. Originally 1/2 Shinigami and 1/2 Quincy, but then his Shinigami side got corupted and turned into part hollow which then became part full bringer too. So hes got at least half his blood still to tap in terms of power.

And about the Pure blood Shinigami's, I was always under the understanding that guys like Byakuya were from a family there born and raised as a shinigami (seeing as hes shown growing up there etc) kinda like a soul or w/e that never was in the real world ever. Where as all the pluses who are humans who died (old school term heh) are all living in rukongai, have their memories erased and are just living like bums in the same age as when they died, i.e. the parakeet boy with chad (unless picked up to be Shinigami).

Yeah Ichigo better not get a bow >:( or a white version of Getsuga Tensho -_-. Id like Shinigami attacks and Quincy defense XD or even just trying to increase his spirit partical subjugation ie. Ishida and how he was tearing apart buildings in FQM
    A pie in the sky?

^ Technically, when Hisana and Rukia died, Rukia was barely a newborn and she grew up while being in Rukonagi to what we see now (Renji have grown up in Rukonagi as well, he became older). When the Kuchiki came to adopt Rukia into their family, it seemed to be a natural occurrence. It seems that the noble houses tend to adopt very talented and skilled children/shinigami. It is possible that Byakuya was one of the adopted ones as well... well at least it was like that until his father was revealed to be a Kuchiki and having similar appearance (in novels from what I remember ).

IIRC, Ukitake once mentioned that when Chad and Ori dies and go to SS, they should apply to a Shinigami school, since with their powers, they would have easily passed the tests.

Well Ishin is Ichigo's father (though possible, it would be strange if he wasn't). What's more, he is most likely a (twin) brother of Kukaku's/Ganju's/Kaien's father/mother. The resemblance between Kaien and Ichigo proves that, with the only difference that Ichigo inherited his hair color after his mother, while Kaien inherited the eyes and his hair after his mother/father (Kukaku and Ganju have black hairs like Ishin, but have eyes like Kaien).

IIRC, Engetsu, Ishin's Zan, can be translated as Fiery Moon, which would have tied with the Shiba's family affinity towards fire element (Besides Kaien who inherited water element after his other non-shiba parent). The similarity between Ishin's and Ichigo's Zan's might be because of their similar characters and not necessarily blood relations.

What's more, as a Shiba, the clan that provides the Zero Squadron with transport, Ishin would have relations to the Royal Guard, that was somewhat implied in this chapter. Of course, there might be other explanations like the Zansmith smithing a sword for Ishin.

Getsuga Tenshou (Moon Fang Heaven-Piercer), the technique itself might be a reference to the Shiba family literally piercing the heavens with the pillar (fang) to reach the Soul King's Realm.

@Zero,

The infered similarities betweenEngetsu and Zangetsu are just too great for them to be anything else other than Genetic. They both have a Final Getsuga for instance.

It seems to me that Isshin and Urahara were working together to edge Ichigo forward toward FGT and the Hollow stage was part of their plans. Now, the Quincy part could be very interesting. Imagine a final Getsuga Tenshou with Quincy powers. Ichigo could well do the FGT without exhausting his Reiatsu, since as a Quincy he'd be able to absorb spirit particles from the environment.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

@Zero,

The infered similarities betweenEngetsu and Zangetsu are just too great for them to be anything else other than Genetic. They both have a Final Getsuga for instance.

It seems to me that Isshin and Urahara were working together to edge Ichigo forward toward FGT and the Hollow stage was part of their plans. Now, the Quincy part could be very interesting. Imagine a final Getsuga Tenshou with Quincy powers. Ichigo could well do the FGT without exhausting his Reiatsu, since as a Quincy he'd be able to absorb spirit particles from the environment.
    Well, FGT is basically a symbol of their tendencies for self-sacrifice. It can be tied to their personalities (thus inner worlds) and not necessarily to their blood relations. Of course, we haven't seen Zan's of people from the same family as of yet (other than Kurosaki), so it cannot be said that blood relations have no input in it at all (seeing as some Shinigami have reiatsu that posses elemental properties, at least the element might be related to blood lines). Still, it was showed that the Zanpakutou's have more to do with the users personalities, inner worlds and the like.

Getsuga Tenshou is quite a strange technique itself. It can be done seemingly with any type of a spiritual sword (Ichigo was even able to do it with his fullbring short sword and it's quite possible that Ishin used it from a sealed state). The black version of this attack comes from Ichigo's Hollow part, suggesting that it is more akin to a fusion of Cero with GT, rather than an actual bankai version of GT. It's possible that Mugetsu (or FGT) is the bankai version of GT, but there is no confirmation.

I noticed that Ishin mentions that "...they don't exactly want to teach us these moves..."(http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...2-page-14.html). It might be that he didn't mean FGT itself, but all Bankai techniques, since he used a plural form, or perhaps there are multiple moves, forms and the like for FGT. It's also possible that it is something all Shinigami can achieve and he meant that Zanpakutous don't want to teach moves like that to Shinigami.

It depends on which way of the Quincy will Ichigo follow. If the old one, then his Final Quincy Form would be simply fused/incorporated into FGT the same way as his Hollow Form 2 was (you can notice the mask, teeth on it and even beneath the armor/bandages, the same markings on his chest that H2Ichigo had). If the new one, that would allow him to achieve Quincy Complete Form, then perhaps he could truly gain an infinite FGT mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    It depends on which way of the Quincy will Ichigo follow. If the old one, then his Final Quincy Form would be simply fused/incorporated into FGT the same way as his Hollow Form 2 was (you can notice the mask, teeth on it and even beneath the armor/bandages, the same markings on his chest that H2Ichigo had). If the new one, that would allow him to achieve Quincy Complete Form, then perhaps he could truly gain an infinite FGT mode.
    I also suspect Ichigo is heading in that direction. But knowing how Kubo has a tendency to draw things out, I think we might have to see Ichigo muddle through trying to achieve quincy complete form, using that in a battle and it not being enough till he finally gets the idea to incorporate it with FGT. I hope that that won't be the case but, going by Kubo's track record....

Quote Originally Posted by SquadZero View Post
    I also suspect Ichigo is heading in that direction. But knowing how Kubo has a tendency to draw things out, I think we might have to see Ichigo muddle through trying to achieve quincy complete form, using that in a battle and it not being enough till he finally gets the idea to incorporate it with FGT. I hope that that won't be the case but, going by Kubo's track record....
    There would probably be a sub arc in there for training purposes too lol, Ichigo would go with Ishida to learn how to use spirit particals like them. I wish Ichigo would use his shikai mode more than jumping straight into bankai, I miss seeing his white getsuga
    A pie in the sky?