3 18.75%
  • So So

4 25.00%
  • Bad

1 6.25%
  • Terrible

1 6.25%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    The Strongest indication for Isshin being Ichigo's biological father is the Similarity of their Bankais/Zanpakutos.

Isshin's is named Engetsu, Ichigo's Zangetsu. Again, Isshin Knew about Final Getsuga Tenshou to where he instructed Ichigo on how to obtain it. This extreme Similarity has to have been inherited and not merely some improbable coincidence. If one looks at it from this angle, then it seems likely that Isshin is not saying that Ichigo is not Shinigami, but he must be saying that Ichigo is only partly Shinigami.

There is another unlikely explanation. That is that Ichigo's quincy or Fullbring powers somehow Mimicked Isshin's powers due to their proximity. I really hate this rather weak explanation.

This raises the question of why Isshin uses the Kurosaki name rather than his own, he can't really be thinking that a mere name change would hide him from Soul Society?

Now I have to wonder what sort of Hollow would have injured Isshin to the point of him being rescued/aided by Masaki....I guess we'll just have to chill out, wait and see.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    This raises the question of why Isshin uses the Kurosaki name rather than his own, he can't really be thinking that a mere name change would hide him from Soul Society?

Now I have to wonder what sort of Hollow would have injured Isshin to the point of him being rescued/aided by Masaki....I guess we'll just have to chill out, wait and see.
    Don't forget about Urahara's untraceable gigai. They were even unable to locate Rukia until Aizen pointed out were she was, even though she was going around the town spewing kidou while fighting hollows... Not to mention about Urahara's gang and Vizards.

It seems that Ishin was given a captain's position right after Urahara and Vizards have been exiled (although you can notice that Urahara's exile was already abolished at the point of the Fake Karakura Town arc, since he was able to venture to SS to confirm the activation of the seal he put on Aizen. It's unknown if Ishin's was abolished at the same time, or if he even was exiled in the first place).

Most likely, an Arrancars, since it seemed that Ishin had prior knowledge/encounter with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Don't forget about Urahara's untraceable gigai. They were even unable to locate Rukia until Aizen pointed out were she was, even though she was going around the town spewing kidou while fighting hollows... Not to mention about Urahara's gang and Vizards.
    LOL, Yeah...It almost sounds as if Old Man Yamm Jii was playing a Willful blind Spot on Rukia and Isshin. Could be that being part of Influential Families does have some benefit, even in the Spirit World.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

now I am wonder why aizen knows the truth of Ichigo....

More importantly i wonder how the hell the grandfisher was able to kill masaki if she was able to beat an enemy that a captain couldn't? Not to mention grandfisher wasn't even an arrancar at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by thebulk View Post
    More importantly i wonder how the hell the grandfisher was able to kill masaki if she was able to beat an enemy that a captain couldn't? Not to mention grandfisher wasn't even an arrancar at that point.
    That's the thing, there's too many contradictions.

Masaki defeats something that almost killed Isshin, then Masaki gets killed by a fodder hollow, which Isshin one shotted after it powered up.

yeah well maybe masaki had lost every inch of her power by that time ? Or some other dumbass plot twist that kubo is gonna throw in ........... we all know it's gonna happen

Quote Originally Posted by thebulk View Post
    Supposedly, a Quincy used the hollow bait and when the baited hollow came and was about to attack Ichigo, Misaki jumped to own it, that instant an arrow went through her Quincy core disabling her powers and so Grandfisher did short work of her (remember, most of his life Ichigo hadn't met Hollows, until the point that Aizen made them come so that he would met a Shinigami - Rukia, which means that moment with Grandfisher wasn't caused by Aizen).

Well, we did see a Quincy (Ishida) destroying power cores with arrows and Ryuken was even able able to reawaken Ishida's power with an arrow into certain point of his chest.

Then again, perhaps she used up her powers at some point in time. Still, we have to remember that Misaki knew Blood Arts, since those have awakened within Ichigo (memories of when his mother used them it seems). This means that she would rather have access to the Complete Quincy Form and not the Final one, unless they haven't developed it at that point yet.

Other possibility is that both, Misaki and Ishin, have given up their powers in order to be together, as humans and not as Shinigami and Quincy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Supposedly, a Quincy used the hollow bait and when the baited hollow came and was about to attack Ichigo, Misaki jumped to own it, that instant an arrow went through her Quincy core disabling her powers and so Grandfisher did short work of her (remember, most of his life Ichigo hadn't met Hollows, until the point that Aizen made them come so that he would met a Shinigami - Rukia, which means that moment with Grandfisher wasn't caused by Aizen).
    I don't know about that,

Spoiler!

And Aizen did turn Grandfisher into that giant Arrancar, so it's not out of question to suspect he was behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by kiduka View Post
    I don't know about that,

Spoiler!

And Aizen did turn Grandfisher into that giant Arrancar, so it's not out of question to suspect he was behind it.
    Check those pages, Aizen mentions when he started to take action beside only observing Ichigo, and mentioning the meeting of Rukia and Ichigo as the start of it (two pages, the second one being more important):
    Spoiler!

Not only that, he says that Ichigo have never met a hollow before the one that attacked their house... now that is strange, don't you think ? At this point Aizen tries to stir Ichigo up. If that's the case, the best way to do it, is to mention that the hollow that killed his mother was sent by him, yet he even mentions that Ichigo never met a hollow before the one that attacked their house.

Sure, Aizen knew about Ichigo since the moment he was born, but he only started taking actions when Ichigo reached his teens and that sending Rukia was the start of the project to train and complete Ichigo.

This means that Grandfisher appearing there wasn't Aizen's doing, what's more, it seems that Aizen didn't even know about it. Well knowing about something (Ichigo) from the beginning and observing something from the beginning, isn't the same, but Aizen seemed quite sure that Ichigo never met a hollow before. It is likely that someone was able to interfere with Aizen's spying (what methods did he use anyway ?), which means that the appearance of the Hollow was not a coincidence. It is quite possible that the target was Ichigo from the very beginning, especially seeing as now he is the trump card of SS.