3 18.75%
  • So So

4 25.00%
  • Bad

1 6.25%
  • Terrible

1 6.25%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    The Question I find myself puzzling is whether or not Ichigo is actually Isshin's biological son?

It's pertinent because Isshin said, " The thing is you're not really a Shinigami..But you aren't a mere human either. Your mother was.... A Quincy".

The phrase "you're not really a Shinigami", What does it mean? Ichigo should be equal parts Shinigami and Qincy, shouldn't he? Unless if he weren't Isshin's biological Son. I agree that depending on how one parses the phrase, one could say "Not Really" means Only Partly.

So that Rukia's power transfer kick started his Shinigami half, leaving the Quincy half dormant. Also let's not forget Aizen, and maybe even Squad Zero may have been playing Cupid.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    So, seeing as Ishin is now weaker than he was in the past, does this means that Masaki, who was able to easily own something that a stronger Ishin couldn't, is pretty much at Ichigo's level after the time tunnel (but still weaker than FGT) ?
    I doubt he was at 100%. We don't know what his condition was in that flashback. The current weakened Isshin owned human-form-Aizen in shikai, the same Aizen who beat the crap out of all the captains with ease. My thought; Isshin just killed the boss(whatever it was) and Masaki just finished off the underlings Ishida style. Isshin was suprised at what a mere human being just did - not knowing she was a Quincy untill she introduced herself.

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    The Question I find myself puzzling is whether or not Ichigo is actually Isshin's biological son?

It's pertinent because Isshin said, " The thing is you're not really a Shinigami..But you aren't a mere human either. Your mother was.... A Quincy".

The phrase "you're not really a Shinigami", What does it mean? Ichigo should be equal parts Shinigami and Qincy, shouldn't he? Unless if he weren't Isshin's biological Son. I agree that depending on how one parses the phrase, one could say "Not Really" means Only Partly.

So that Rukia's power transfer kick started his Shinigami half, leaving the Quincy half dormant. Also let's not forget Aizen, and maybe even Squad Zero may have been playing Cupid.
    The fact that he has Quincy blood doesn't really make him a Shinigami. As you said, its only partly. Isshin is 100% his dad (in Saiges we trust !)

I took it to mean that he wasnt just a Shinigami like Ichigo loves to think, hes a mix of Shinigami and Quincy from his parents and the Shinigami side became part hollow and then the hollow side became part fullbringer lol so hes like a quarter Shinigami or something lol. If so then he still has half his bloodline to tap! Huge Power up!

Also I think Aizen probably killed Masaki, if she was so powerful against hollows like all quincy are then king fisher and his tricks should of been no problem, plus Aizen said Ichigo and his path have all been part of his plans, and for me the death of your mother is a pretty big part of your life path o_O

And Masaki is like a light brown haired lady, the color spreads show her with light brown hair
    A pie in the sky?

Oh, so something I noticed when I first read the chapter but forgot to mention till now was why the hell was Ichigo's body OUTSIDE of his house? I mean it seems as if(and I waited for the MS translation to confirm) that Ichigo was kicked back straight back into his human body in the human world. He was wondering why it was moved, and figured it was his dad who did it, but why did he land in his body outside of his house in the rain? Did Isshin not bother bringing him inside? lol I can imagine the scene, Isshin lugging Ichigo's ass all the way home, when he is finally like, f*ck this, he's heavy and just plops Ichigo down and forgets about him.

chapter is not bad. it's too short! finally the story tells the part of Ichigo's mother, but please don't tell me Ishin is not Ichigo's father >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Anubiz632 View Post
    I actually do buy the Bleach, Naruto, & One Piece Manga volumes at my local Books A Million & through amazon so yeahhhh.

I don't bitch without a valid reason. I help support the genre.
    Fair enough. Still plain mean though. Anyways...

I am thinking that Isshin could be a Shiba......
    Isshin is totally a Shiba. But question is then why Kuukaku and Ganju didn't react stronger about Ichigo, who obviously looks a lot like Kaien.

Oh, and this http://www.mangapanda.com/94-49861-4...apter-398.html has become a lot more interesting now. Aizen (who, presumably, knows everything) never says "Shinigami". So if he was actually about to say "Quincy"...then I guess Isshin isn't Ichigo's dad.

If I recall correctly, the Mangastream version of that page didn't say "Human", it said "Shinigami and .....". Do correct me if someone does find it, but I remember there was some discussion on this when the chapter came up.

Quote Originally Posted by veLocity- View Post
    If I recall correctly, the Mangastream version of that page didn't say "Human", it said "Shinigami and .....". Do correct me if someone does find it, but I remember there was some discussion on this when the chapter came up.
    Yea i remember there being some mix up not by the scans but by the original script where they printed the word 'wrongly'...or maybe Kubo decided 1 wk late to change. Not too sure which is the canon one but I do want to point out that Quincies are humans so I don't see how Isshin isn't his father. Given the context of that page I'm pretty sure it was human and shinigami since ichigo monologues next that aizen didnt need to finish his sentence since his father appeared infront of him. Unless...isshin is like ichigo who is a substitute shinigami too n is a human by nature too lol.

I question Isshin being Ichigo's father because Isshin has changed his name to Kurosaki. In other words, we still dont' know Isshin's real name, but we do know that Ichigo's been named after his mother. Could mean something I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Anticrobotic View Post
    Fair enough. Still plain mean though. Anyways...

Isshin is totally a Shiba. But question is then why Kuukaku and Ganju didn't react stronger about Ichigo, who obviously looks a lot like Kaien.
    No they did react to it. They even know (probably) that Ishin is his father. Before sending Ichigo to Royal Palace, Kukaku says sorry that she has to do this, since it would be against her uncle's will. Most likely that uncle is Ishin. Here you have two pages, were Ganju asks if it was OK to do this and Kukaku answers that she had to do it, even if that means disappointing their uncle (two pages):
    Spoiler!

Only Ishin would have been against it, because he knew that by coming to Squad Zero, he would have to learn the truth and Ishin didn't feel like telling him, especially since not so long ago, his son could have lived a normal human life.