Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Veteran Member
    Yeah, the only way to really beat kira for sure in a sword fight with his shikai is to either be so much faster that he cant keep up or having so much power that it doesnt effect you very much, to where it just puts more weight into your attacks. So he is really strong in sword fights, and good at kido, and seems to be decently fast, plus he is smart. He is pretty much the ideal vice-captain right now..

He would make a pretty decent captain if he had a good bankai and more reiatsu and speed... just saying.

Although, he does have a really bad weaknesses.. as in, if you dont use a sword, but say ice, fire, ash, etc to fight your sword fights, hes at an extreme disadvantage.. I guess you call them kido-based zans? Those who have zanpakutohs like ichigo or ikkaku become are at a disadvantage against kira.. Although those two might actually be strong enough to mess kira up in a fight with just brute force.. Although he does have kido.. but yeah, talking sword fighting here...

Let's put Kira against Kenpachi for a second.

I assume Kenpachi doesn't swing his sword as hard as he can every fight. Doubling something's weight has to increase it's mass (because weight = mass x gravity), so if Kenpachi is able to swing his weighted sword with same accelleration as his lighter sword, Kira would just double the damage of Kenpachi's weapon (because Force = Mass X Accelleration).

Fighting someone like Kenpachi would eventually result in Kira's weapon being broken or his bones being crushed trying to deflect the strong person's attacks.

The most WTF is Mayuri's shikai/Bankai, since its not the same crap all the time. Mayuri can change the drugs that are inside of it. Oh and the fact that its a baby face worm

Quote Originally Posted by whacha View Post
    Let's put Kira against Kenpachi for a second.

I assume Kenpachi doesn't swing his sword as hard as he can every fight. Doubling something's weight has to increase it's mass (because weight = mass x gravity), so if Kenpachi is able to swing his weighted sword with same accelleration as his lighter sword, Kira would just double the damage of Kenpachi's weapon (because Force = Mass X Accelleration).

Fighting someone like Kenpachi would eventually result in Kira's weapon being broken or his bones being crushed trying to deflect the strong person's attacks.
    I understand what your saying, and I think Kenpachi probably knows about Kira's ability and would probably do what your saying, but he doesn't have a lot of time to take Kira down. Im sure Kira will pick up what hes trying to do right away and either go on the defensive and try to just touch his sword as much as possible while not actually taking the hit or use other strategies.

Kira is one of Kenpachi's worst enemies in that hes a strategic fighter who knows the only winner in a fight is the one who isn't dead, theres no honor in a fight to the death so do what you have to to survive. He would increase the weight of Kenpachi's sword in the beginning of the fight and then just try and avoid Kenpachi after that till he gets tired while slowly increasing his weight too. We know Kenpachi doesn't/hardly ever use Kido, and always fights with his sword, no hand-to-hand, and his speeds meh~, I think Kira could do it if he wasn't a pussy and gets scared to fight someone of a higher rank than him. On top of that his zanpakuto doesn't have to only be used on swords he can also slash the ground and destroy it under its own weight, or a building and bring it crashing down or possible clothes or something.

In the end I guess all im saying is that Kira is probably one of the strongest shinigami out there with very unique and impressive abilities, if not for his fear of people of higher rank and his (seemingly) low reiatsu he would be a pretty badass captain.
    A pie in the sky?

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    I understand what your saying, and I think Kenpachi probably knows about Kira's ability and would probably do what your saying, but he doesn't have a lot of time to take Kira down. Im sure Kira will pick up what hes trying to do right away and either go on the defensive and try to just touch his sword as much as possible while not actually taking the hit or use other strategies.

Kira is one of Kenpachi's worst enemies in that hes a strategic fighter who knows the only winner in a fight is the one who isn't dead, theres no honor in a fight to the death so do what you have to to survive. He would increase the weight of Kenpachi's sword in the beginning of the fight and then just try and avoid Kenpachi after that till he gets tired while slowly increasing his weight too. We know Kenpachi doesn't/hardly ever use Kido, and always fights with his sword, no hand-to-hand, and his speeds meh~, I think Kira could do it if he wasn't a pussy and gets scared to fight someone of a higher rank than him. On top of that his zanpakuto doesn't have to only be used on swords he can also slash the ground and destroy it under its own weight, or a building and bring it crashing down or possible clothes or something.

In the end I guess all im saying is that Kira is probably one of the strongest shinigami out there with very unique and impressive abilities, if not for his fear of people of higher rank and his (seemingly) low reiatsu he would be a pretty badass captain.

Well I can see what you're both saying. Firstly I dont think that the actual sword becomes twice the weight. As in I think if the user dropped the sword and someone else picked it up it would be the same weight as always. I think the effect is only felt by the user.

Secondly his ability is pretty hax. However he himself is not strong enough and that ability is not enough to rely on against certain level opponents. While I don't think the weight of Kenpachi's sword will matter I do believe he could and would break Kiras zan in one blow and defeat him. They are just on different levels.

Also the author can write out the fight any way he wants to. Kiras ability is not unbeatable. There is no way that he would allow Kira and that ability to take down someone like Kenpachi. Even if he pulled a bs loophole out.

Sig and Ava by Imotochan

Quote Originally Posted by Shinhan View Post
    There is no way that he would allow Kira and that ability to take down someone like Kenpachi. Even if he pulled a bs loophole out.
    Maybe you forgot who writes Bleach...

Tite Kubo.

He's a troll, he'll probably do it.
    Dickriding. Because I appreciate it!
    Spoiler!

"Truth"
    Spoiler!

Cockney Geezer
    The latest anime, where the zanpakuto has a triangular boomarang. Why does that Zanpakuto form bloody look like a penguin????

lol yeah I thought the sword beasts were suppose to be strong like bankais??? That was the lamest and weakest bankai ever lol
    A pie in the sky?

Quote Originally Posted by What Is My Name? View Post
    just a reminder, this thread's about wtf zanpakuto abilities, not your favorite or which one is the strongest
    Whats not wtf about aizen's zanpakuto... its not a melee-type, nor is it a kidou type...it isnt even the strongest type... but it has abilities that put u into complete hypnosis, hence I posted this, not because it is my favourite or I think it was the strongest one :S

Definitely Shunsui's Zanpaktou, with it's color game.