4 20.00%
  • So So

3 15.00%
  • Bad

0 0%
  • Terrible

1 5.00%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

DBZ Reference ! Forgot to add the Wood dragon (= Shenron2.0)

In the last pages, Shodai is gathering Natural energy just like Jiraiya did with his fight against Pain

The symbolism of Madara's Bijuudama reaching the opposite shore and the flashback of him trying to make his pebble reach "the other shore" as a kid... very telling of where Madara's path went wrong. Kid Hashirama gives a lesson about how "more passion" is the secret to reaching that shore, and we already know that Madara's misguided passions are exactly what will lead him down his path.

A different translation said "aim higher", not "more passion", so I'm not exactly sure whether Hashirama was simply saying "try harder" or literally "put more *passion* into it." I assume sort of both, so I won't nitpick too much. It feels very "Rock Lee."

Quote Originally Posted by Rlinfamous View Post
    A different translation said "aim higher", not "more passion", so I'm not exactly sure whether Hashirama was simply saying "try harder" or literally "put more *passion* into it." I assume sort of both, so I won't nitpick too much. It feels very "Rock Lee."
    Well, you never know, but what if Hashirama beside Mokutoun and Sage Mode, can open all the gates as well ? The gates seem ideal for a person that can heal himself without performing hand-seals.

We still don't know how Gai came to know about them. It's possible that Gai's teacher learned about them from Hashirama, or something like that .

Then again, it is implied that the Gates come from the time before ninjutsu, since they strictly allow for inhuman combat techniques, rather than ninja techniques. We need to remember that people knew about Chakra before So6p (the existence of Samurai is hinting that), So6p have simply rediscovered it anew, proving that it can be used for other things, thus creating ninjutsu. The era of the Ninja came after the era of Samurais.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Well, you never know, but what if Hashirama beside Mokutoun and Sage Mode, can open all the gates as well ? The gates seem ideal for a person that can heal himself without performing hand-seals.

We still don't know how Gai came to know about them. It's possible that Gai's teacher learned about them from Hashirama, or something like that .

Then again, it is implied that the Gates come from the time before ninjutsu, since they strictly allow for inhuman combat techniques, rather than ninja techniques. We need to remember that people knew about Chakra before So6p (the existence of Samurai is hinting that), So6p have simply rediscovered it anew, proving that it can be used for other things, thus creating ninjutsu. The era of the Ninja came after the era of Samurais.
    Yeah, it's possible that the SO6P knew about Gates, basic chakra use (possibly for Sealing techniques as well), and Natural Energy. These alone enabled him to seal the Juubi within himself. Perhaps once he became its Jinchuuriki, he unlocked a higher knowledge of chakra (probably through obtaining its Rinnegan), discovering Yin/Yang the powers of creation, elemental manipulation, etc. He passed on this knowledge.

going on what zero said, i'd like to know what motivated so6p to create and spread ninjutsu and why exactly he thought "true power' would one day be necessary. if he had left well enough alone, there would be no way to resummon the jyubi and if given that, what would be threating enough to justify turning humanity upside down with a new lethality?

was ninjutsu originally a neutral but high potential way of acheieving many things besides simply combat and conflict?

perhaps sealing the jyubi was a temporary affair at best and ninjutsu was to prepare humanity for an inevitable return, mo matter if summoned or reborn.

and i think the best post in this chapter discussion was the guy asking if hashirama's many hands technique will be making hundreds of hand seals at once for seriously awesome... we should have discussed that more!
    _____
    Obito is Tobirama's great grandson. The proof is in the pudding.

Quote Originally Posted by knife eater View Post
    going on what zero said, i'd like to know what motivated so6p to create and spread ninjutsu and why exactly he thought "true power' would one day be necessary. if he had left well enough alone, there would be no way to resummon the jyubi and if given that, what would be threating enough to justify turning humanity upside down with a new lethality?

was ninjutsu originally a neutral but high potential way of acheieving many things besides simply combat and conflict?

perhaps sealing the jyubi was a temporary affair at best and ninjutsu was to prepare humanity for an inevitable return, mo matter if summoned or reborn.

and i think the best post in this chapter discussion was the guy asking if hashirama's many hands technique will be making hundreds of hand seals at once for seriously awesome... we should have discussed that more!
    Ninjutsu would have most likely been discovered/invented sooner or later, humans of that time supposedly already could control a bit of their chakra, although it's quite possible that it was called differently and all of it's aspects weren't known yet. Thus, someone would have released it eventually, or perhaps the sealing jutsu wasn't eternal. It is mentioned that So6p only invented ninjutsu (at least there is no mention of the other types of techniques), which means that genjutsu and taijutsu (which covers kenjutsu as well) were already present, as ninjutsu is mentioned as the 3rd main branch of techniques.

Power is nothing more than a tool, it depends on the person for what it will be used. It's possible that So6p spread ninjutsu, in order to test human heart and the current level of humanity's evolutionary state. Great power, quite often lead people astray, the moment they would have overcome it, the humanity as a whole would gain enlightenment and would proceed towards the next step of their existence.

The other reason might be that the world was devastated because of the Jyubi's rampage (it's quite likely that in their final battle, an unimaginable amounts of natural energy were used up). It's possible that So6p was going around the world, trying to repair it and to speed up that process, he started teaching ninjutsu to other people. After all, most ninjutsu are capable of intervention with natural world and even totally changing the landscape. Perhaps it was near impossible to live without the aid of ninjutsu at that period of time.

The additional hands might quicken the formation of necessary hand-seals, but it doesn't change the fact that by having one mind, Hashirama would be unable to perform multiple techniques at the same time (then again, he has the Wood Clone technique to do at least two different things at the same time ). Of course, if he had a technique that had a few thousands hand seals, then additional hands would certainly be helpful.

As I see it, prior to the Sage of Six Paths, humanity was at the mercy of the Juubi, which created and destroyed as it saw fit. The only problem is that, apparently, the Juubi lacks capacity for sympathy/mercy/intelligence. In other words, just as it created humanity, it also would destroy them on a whim, which is not a just situation.

By dividing the Juubi's power into the Bijuu, and bestowing upon them unique personalities and intelligence, he helped to balance that situation in the sense that there wasn't just one omnipotent-yet-unsympathetic being in power.

Likewise, the Sage of Six Paths taught humanity Ninjutsu to better allow them to take control of their own lives / influence their world. They wouldn't be as helpless.

I still believe that the Sage of Six Paths' comments on how the Bijuu would one day learn what "true strength" is falls more in line with the Younger Brother's philosophy of peace through love and understanding... I don't believe he felt that the Bijuu needed more power, but rather that they needed wisdom. Naruto is the one who has shown the Bijuu the potential for understanding between the Bijuu and humanity by showing that even one such as a Jinchuuriki, who was born to essentially wield the Bijuu as a weapon, is capable of sharing their pain and fighting for their freedom.

I know most people prefer a different definition of "True Strength", which refers more to Naruto being the reincarnation of the Rikudou and obtaining the power to stop Madara and his Juubi. My feelings are that this will happen, but it will be a result of Naruto's bond with the Bijuu. The Rikudou's intention was definitely not to create a power greater than the Juubi purely because he felt the existence of such power is necessary; quite the opposite.

Appearance of Darkness Aga bomBa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rlinfamous View Post
    As I see it, prior to the Sage of Six Paths, humanity was at the mercy of the Juubi, which created and destroyed as it saw fit. The only problem is that, apparently, the Juubi lacks capacity for sympathy/mercy/intelligence. In other words, just as it created humanity, it also would destroy them on a whim, which is not a just situation.

By dividing the Juubi's power into the Bijuu, and bestowing upon them unique personalities and intelligence, he helped to balance that situation in the sense that there wasn't just one omnipotent-yet-unsympathetic being in power.

Likewise, the Sage of Six Paths taught humanity Ninjutsu to better allow them to take control of their own lives / influence their world. They wouldn't be as helpless.

I still believe that the Sage of Six Paths' comments on how the Bijuu would one day learn what "true strength" is falls more in line with the Younger Brother's philosophy of peace through love and understanding... I don't believe he felt that the Bijuu needed more power, but rather that they needed wisdom. Naruto is the one who has shown the Bijuu the potential for understanding between the Bijuu and humanity by showing that even one such as a Jinchuuriki, who was born to essentially wield the Bijuu as a weapon, is capable of sharing their pain and fighting for their freedom.

I know most people prefer a different definition of "True Strength", which refers more to Naruto being the reincarnation of the Rikudou and obtaining the power to stop Madara and his Juubi. My feelings are that this will happen, but it will be a result of Naruto's bond with the Bijuu. The Rikudou's intention was definitely not to create a power greater than the Juubi purely because he felt the existence of such power is necessary; quite the opposite.
    Nicely said.. agree with you completely.

- Now that Minato is back in the game, do you think that when he joins the battlefield,.. the other " half " is somehow going to react with Kurama??

Minato is high class, so he could strenghten his seal,.. but with Kurama being on the good side, he could be needing his other " Half of Power " with such a danger future ahead. How crazy would it be, if Madara/Tobi makes a way for extracting that half out of Minato during battle? As Madara has said; he needed a fully revived Juubi.

Those names of the bijuus could be Naruto's missing Yin part ( spiritual energy ), but like I said above: what if Naruto/Kurama extracts the other half?
    ... You're Dead 2 Me Now ...

Quote Originally Posted by Aga bomBa View Post
    Nicely said.. agree with you completely.

- Now that Minato is back in the game, do you think that when he joins the battlefield,.. the other " half " is somehow going to react with Kurama??

Minato is high class, so he could strenghten his seal,.. but with Kurama being on the good side, he could be needing his other " Half of Power " with such a danger future ahead. How crazy would it be, if Madara/Tobi makes a way for extracting that half out of Minato during battle? As Madara has said; he needed a fully revived Juubi.

Those names of the bijuus could be Naruto's missing Yin part ( spiritual energy ), but like I said above: what if Naruto/Kurama extracts the other half?
    I definitely believe that Minato will somehow play a part in returning the missing Yin half of Kurama. I believe that Minato's comments on the weight of the chakra after sealing the Kyuubi prove that Minato indeed sealed some of it within himself. I know it's contrary to the situation with Orochimaru's arms, which were sealed independently of Hiruzen and didn't need to be released from him... however, sealing half of a Bijuu and sealing a pair of arms is probably just fundamentally different. However, it makes no sense for the Kyuubi to remain at half power now that the contents of the Death God's belly have been spilled, and Minato is fully aware that Naruto and Kurama are fighting together.

I believe the Nine Names will play a different role than reviving Kurama's Yin half. I believe they'll be instrumental in either:

1. Returning consciousness to the Juubi to help it resist Obito/Madara's control without proceeding to rampage and destroy the Alliance shinobi. (This matches well with my interpretation of the Rikudou's statements that the Bijuu will be guided by someone on to the correct path, different from when the Juubi was first sealed within the Rikudou).

or

2. Re-assembling some of the Rikudou's chakra, which he probably divided and sealed within each of the Bijuu. I believe that chakra is part of the reason Naruto's chakra cloak takes on a Rikudou-like appearance, and somehow receiving some chakra from each of the Bijuu will allow Naruto to have a mental meeting with the Rikudou, similar to how he met with Minato/Kushina.

I don't know what it will mean for Naruto's powers when he receives Kurama's missing half; odds are it'll mean a bigger Kyuubi and a more perfect synchronization, perhaps resulting in a stronger Bijuu Mode without a time limit. Who knows... I wish we knew more about why Naruto was given specifically the Yang energies, and not the Yin. I'm guessing it's because Minato designed the seal so that the Kyuubi's chakra would naturally mix with Naruto's, which is probably different from Kushina's seal (which contained the full Kyuubi).

I rather think/believe thr Kyuubi's Yin, if not already free will free itself in due time. I say this because I don't think an edo can be a jinchuuriki. Tobi needed his black rods to bind the bijuu's chakra to the edo jinchuurikis, likewise Madara wants to be properly revived so as to be capable of becoming the Juubi's Jinchuuriki. These facts make it seem clear that as an edo zombie, Minato cannot contain the Kyuubi's yin.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !