Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bleach DB's Bleach movie release

I just finished downloading and Im actually kind of excited.
    fourzerofour : home
    Last edited by the_blind_ronin; 09-09-2007 at 11:08 PM.
    'We need emotional content' -Bruce Lee

This movie was made of Fail. What a surprise.

is the movie nice? tell me!! was the movie nice nice?? xD

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Fail you say Whitebeard?, how exactly, haven't seen it yet so expand on your statement please.

Spoiler!

Why don't more people read these mangas?

it was ok, the fights were pretty good, especially the ones with kenpachi,

made by [DFX]
    Quote Originally Posted by DFX View Post
    you got me what I always wanted \o/
    you're now my favorite person.
    jaeger makes the internet go round

It's really what I expected it to be.

It's nothing that will surprise or amaze. The story is standard Bleach fare. During the reincarnation process, souls that are in transfer between Soul Society and the real world become trapped out of the normal circuit. Their memories become accumulated in a Memory Rosary and what's left are Blank souls. I'll leave the summary at that. The setting of the movie is circa Bount arc, so, of course, don't expect anything from our friends in Hueco Mundo.

The movie-only character introduced is named Senna. As a character, she is quirky, bubbly and endearing. The primary antagonist, Ganryu, is rather dull and uninspired.

As a film, the animation was solid and it functions well as a showcase of the Bleach visual style. All of the Captains except Unohana, Kyōraku, Kurotsuchi, and Komamura (please, can these guys please be included in some way? Sometime. Ever.) have brief battle cameos in different forms, as well as a few of the Vice-Captains. Kurotsuchi has a speech cameo. A disappointment was the complete lack of involvement from Inoue, Ishida and Sado -- they have a few lines in the second half of the movie, but expect no combat scenes from them. Ishida's absence is expected due to the setting of the film, I suppose. All of the familiar Bankais are present: Hitsugayas, Renjis, Byakuyas, and of course, Ichigos.

Memories of Nobody is visual flair with a standard plot. It's essentially a smorgasbord of all the crowd favorites to varying degrees. You'll get your Hyōrinmaru, your Senbonzakura, your Kenpachi reiatsu, your Zabimaru, and your Zangetsu. The disappointments for me are mostly the same as the entire series: characters are completely written off and overshadowed by the more prominent ones. Honestly, Unohana and Komamura might as well not exist. Scenes where we see Orihime healing Ichigo, why not have Unohana working some of her Squad 4 magic? Hime's charm could be worked into the film in other ways! A film that is completely separate from the main plot is an excellent way to offer some screen time for these poor characters.

The movie as a whole is forgettable (pun intended?), but I do miss my Senna.

i liked the movie i only have 1 problem with it. If they forgot about senna and all that happend. how is it that they know about the memory rosary and the blanks if there keep forgetting everytime a memory rosary leave
    https://www.facebook.com/ImogenSparksModel

Spoiler!

yah that is a problem,

btw, what is the ending song called?
    Last edited by tatsukai1990; 09-11-2007 at 04:14 AM.

made by [DFX]
    Quote Originally Posted by DFX View Post
    you got me what I always wanted \o/
    you're now my favorite person.
    jaeger makes the internet go round

Quote Originally Posted by ryusukai1990 View Post
    yah that is a problem,

btw, what is the ending song called?
    The ending song is called 'Sen no Yoru wo Koete' by Aqua Timez.

And to me, the movie was a bit of a let down as well. However, this could be due to the fact that where we are in the current anime and manga is just so exciting [in my opinion anyways]. But if I were to watch the movie when it was actually released, like a year ago, I'm pretty sure I would've been quite impressed. I guess it's just that I was looking for a bit more action and something more of a challenge for Ichigo. Even though they tried to give Ganryuu a bit of a background, I have to admit, he's pretty lame. Went down too fast in the end as well.

Haha, I watched that movie around 2 years ago, when it only was in the bios. Some guy in torrent took his camera in the bios.