1 5.00%
  • Good

8 40.00%
  • Very good!

11 55.00%
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    SIMS for short >:] StareIntoMySharingan's Avatar
    Tiny Tsunade and Itachi for the win!!!
    And witness the sparkle within this world of darkness.
    http://mangashare.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic54294_1.gif

Mind f*cked beyond repair Stev3child's Avatar
    Very interesting reveal about the Uchihas. I can't tell if this will add to or injure the story as a whole just yet, but there are 2 plot points I think were more or less positively affected by this:

The question of whether or not killing the children and other possible non-adherents to the Uchiha coup was justified was a very debatable, but longstanding question due to the lack of clarification on the situation. The argument that if those not involved were spared, they would seek vengeance for their loved ones/clan name and become a threat to the village, wouldn't(imo) make killing them completely justifiable since since it carries too much uncertainty with it such as not knowing if they would take the opportunity for revenge in the first place, become unmanageable threats, if they can be reformed in anyway, or any other one of the innumerable paths one could take after such an event would be ignored if just left with that aspect of the story unexplained. But now with the information we have, we know that the decisions made were at least considerate and understandable regardless of what side of the argument you are on.

I think this reveal is also another example of modernizing ancient high fantasy or mythological concepts by blending it with scientific/realistic explanations. Using mysticism and magic as the prime cause of a realistic social change in his setting is kind of cool, however I'm on the fence about it. On one hand I like the idea of combining the old with the new, but I'm not sure if it was really appropriate to do that here. I used to think that the conflict between the Senju and Uchiha was about exploring the differences, benefits, consequences, and overall the nature of extremism and idealism. However, I think I like the idea(from a literary standpoint) that the Uchiha used one extreme ideal to prevent another from occurring. It paints a very poignant image of their plight to coexist with the other clans as well as show us the plight of those intertwined with their destiny. Normally I would be pissed that such established story elements were displaced and turned out to be false for what seems trivial, but I feel satisfied that it at least serviced the plot in a meaningful way.
    QUOTE(s) OF THE MOMENT

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    I swear if your theories were any dumber I would be retarded...

The whole sorrow make the Sharingan activate actually does make sense and has been hinted at for quite some time. Sasuke Activated his Sharingan when Naruto was near death and Obito activated his when Kakashi was injured. Plus the killing of the best friend thing for the Mangekyou Is probably because its the thing that would cause the most grief to the one who does it. The Brother's eye thing on the other hand is probably just to make sure the eyes don't reject the user.
    Aggravate, Anger, and Piss off

Orange toad summoner Uzumaki_Tim's Avatar
    Soon Madara wants the moons eye plan so he can reunite with his brother and spare anyone else his feelings of grief?
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by FenixMarco View Post
    Hey scotty can you make a thread of How much milk Brooke drinks?
    My DoTA hero... Vote for it please!
    www.playdota.com/forums/threads/820/Dak'sar

-I agree with maximo...the personality of the first hokage is too much like naruto's. It tears off his individual character and makes him a stereotype. I understand hashirama was tolerant and kind hearted, but kishi, for god's sake, give him a tad of dignity...he's the leader of the senju afterall...it wouldn't ruin things to make him more serious.

-With this chapter, my like for the second hokage decreased. I portrayed him more akin to his brother, instead i see he's a lot more like danzo.

-I don't like the fact that orochimaru didn't give some moredetails about the way he learned the secrets of the uzumaki...kishi makes it seem all very easy....he just researched old ruins and papers of the clan...ok...but how come weren't such precious information protected in any way?!

-I hope that hashirama gives us a good explanation...something surprising..something that will shed new light on the waay we view things.

-I also wonder what question will sasuke ask minato. Probably he'll ask if the fox's attack were a natural disaster as Tobi said or not. Then I expect orochimaru to reveal tobi's identity to minato, since it seems he knows who was the man behind the mask.

Let's go scientific!

Why the hell not, let's go scientific. I don't like it, but I am addicted to Naruto. No turning back now.

So, as it would seem, the stronger an Uchiha-member becomes, the more sinister the chakra they release and the less you can reason with them. And it all comes down to brain-functions. Wait for it, they will also give us an explanation, why the Mangekyou-Sharingan makes its user blind, and why stealing another eye-pair can help. This, added to the whole Hashirama-DNA-spamming, it is quite strange.

I am having real trouble interpreting the whole thing correctly. On the one hand, the Uchiha-curse is little more than a genetic malfunction. Once something bad happens, certain chakra "sprouts", and they turn a bit more evil, until they are "on the dark side". So the Uchihas are all victims, with Itachi and Shisui as the only exception, which makes you wonder whether Itachi's genetic malfunction has a malfunction for itself.

On the other hand, love seems to be at the bottom of it all, just the consequences differ. Naruto's love (let's call it like that) is the reason why he still considers Sasuke his friend, no matter what the cost. Sasuke's love (for his family) makes him kill everybody. This interpretation makes me think whether Obito's story about the two sons of the Rikudou-Sennin and their ancestors is nothing more than a fairytale in the first place.

Obito told, that the elder brother of the Rikudou considered might to be the key to peace, while the younger one favoured love. After Tobirama's explanation, I got the impression that even the elder brother was prone to love. It just drove him crazy to see his loved ones disappear one after another. So it's not love that's at the heart of the conflict, but how people deal with the deaths of the people they like, even love.

To me, that would make much more sense. Nagato turned evil just because to prevent people from dying, even Obito's transformation might be explained that way. Naruto was on the verge of desperation as well, but he was rescued by Hinata (http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/615/7).

But I have one wish: PLEASE KISHI, PLEASE DON'T MAKE THIS A PATHETIC EXCUSE TO REDEEM EVEN MADARA.

It's not out of the question: We don't know what effect it could have if Madara were to meet Hashirama. Imagine that: Edo-Madara against Edo-Hashirama. This fight could make hell look organised.

great chapter, so calling any uchiha an emo is more accurate than I originally expected. I liked how they explained a bit more about how the Uchiha's love can drive them to the darkness. Explains a lot about why Sasuke gets caught in a cycle of despair while Naruto is able to get on with life even though he had a shitty childhood after losing his Mom and Pop at birth, and then the village he still loves has to keep secret that what his parents did was heroic which had the effect of people treating him shabbily due to fear of the kyuubi bustin' loose (even though the previous 2 uzumaki jinchuuriki had been stable hosts for the most part)

I'm glad Kishi was able to show the first and second hokage's personalities.

I LoL'd at the thought bubble that read "those aren't just commas, that's the mangekyou" I'm sure the mangastream version will correct that to say tomoe instead of commas. Because that would be a little lame if Kishi shifts from cool japanese words to punctuation marks to describe various aspects of doujutsu and other shinobi knick knacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoru View Post
    -I agree with maximo...the personality of the first hokage is too much like naruto's. It tears off his individual character and makes him a stereotype. I understand hashirama was tolerant and kind hearted, but kishi, for god's sake, give him a tad of dignity...he's the leader of the senju afterall...it wouldn't ruin things to make him more serious.
    Don't be so harsh. The serious Hashirama is about to come. I like him not to be too "presidential".

-With this chapter, my like for the second hokage decreased. I portrayed him more akin to his brother, instead i see he's a lot more like danzo.
    No surprise there.

-I hope that hashirama gives us a good explanation...something surprising..something that will shed new light on the waay we view things.
    My bet: It will be exactly like something Naruto said, maybe "Everybody has to be a Ninja in his own way!" Anyway, it reminds me of this situation: http://www.mangapanda.com/93-38-16/n...hapter-33.html

-I also wonder what question will sasuke ask minato. Probably he'll ask if the fox's attack were a natural disaster as Tobi said or not. Then I expect orochimaru to reveal tobi's identity to minato, since it seems he knows who was the man behind the mask.
    Wouldn't that be great. By the way, not even Sasuke knows who is behind the mask.

One thing: Hashirama might be as much of a genius as Naruto! He is brought back, knows he is the first Hokage, sees his brother next to him (Nidaime), then he recognises Sarutobi, the Sandaime. Well, who could be the fourth person in the row. Let me think...

Slovakia, not Slovenia - LEARN THE FUCKING DIFFERENCE !!!
    ● A while back I was theorizing about the VOTE battle between Hashirama and Madara - I thought about it and I came to conclusion that its highly possible that Hashirama spared Madaras life and gave him his "cells" through a healing jutsu. Seeing how Hashirama in todays chapter acts when someone gives a bad look at the uchihas made me only more certain that my theory is correct. What do you guys think ?

● I actually got a different vibe from Tobirama. Danzou to me was just a ruthless war-veteran that percieves everything in the worst negative way. Tobirama looks more like a sort of a bad-ass leader, a man of wisdom and authority. And the way the 2 brothers interact is very interesting to see, I bet they actually had a lot of brother fights.

● Spot on, I dont see any other reason for Minatos summoning other then to confirm Tobis words for Sasuke. And when Sasuke finds out, knowing everything else from the other Hokages, Im starting to think that the "crack" Itachi caused on Sasuke is just going to widen so that eventually Naruto will have a real chance at getting through to Sasuke and dragging him back to the good side.
    Last edited by Maximo; 02-05-2013 at 12:59 PM.
    FAVOURITE MANGAS
    Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Fairy Tail, Claymore, Ao No Exorcist, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, Gamaran, Toriko, Vinland Saga, Gantz, Wolf Guy, Deadman Wonderland, Vagabond, Blade of The Immortal, Battle Royale, Zettman

Quote Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
    ● A while back I was theorizing about the VOTE battle between Hashirama and Madara - I thought about it and I came to conclusion that its highly possible that Hashirama spared Madaras life and gave him his "cells" through a healing jutsu. Seeing how Hashirama in todays chapter acts when someone gives a bad look at the uchihas made me only more certain that my theory is correct. What do you guys think?
    I'd like that. Currently, we are left to believe that Madara played Hashirama, and that's a thought that doesn't really fit the idea of a hero. And you are right, Hashirama was obviously trying to prevent the Uchiha clan from turning evil. He may even have a relationship to Madara as Naruto has to Sasuke, or at least close. So it's entirely possible that he won the fight but couldn't leave Madara to die.

That would actually make more sense: There are easier ways to get DNA-samples from someone. Sweat for example contains DNA, so why taking the risk of getting killed during the process.