0 0%
  • Ok

1 5.00%
  • Good

8 40.00%
  • Very good!

11 55.00%
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Nagato said that for him, it only felt like a short time had passed between dying and being revived, but seeing Naruto made him realize time truly had passed. Chiyo and Kimimaro said something similar when facing Naruto.

The Second Mizukage seemed to have trouble remembering whether he and Muu successfully killed each other or not.

I think most of the Edo Tensei zombies revive "at peace" to some extent with their mortal lives/deaths, and come back somewhat aloof. Madara and Itachi are exceptions, Madara because he always intended to be revived and viewed his death as a minor setback, and Itachi because he actually took matters into his own hands to accomplish what no one among the living could.

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    Pretty sure he'd have just said "Konoha" without any drama or sinister fu-fu laughter.
    Just keeping the readers guessing right there. That's all. In any case, "A place you know well" turns out to be Konoha. Well, seems to fit quite well. Now, the places they visited in Konoha might not have been so well-known to him (aside from the Uchiha hideout).

Quote Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
    ● I find something strange about Edo Tensei jutsu as a whole. The thing is, all the revived people do not act according to theyre last memory before theyre deaths. Shouldnt it be for them like, that right after they die and later on get "zombified" its like it happened instanteniously ? Do you know what I mean ?

● Well, Tobirama did say something like "That Orochimaru brat again" which implies that his memory of being revived and sealed away is there but seriously .. I thought he, and every other Edo Zombie, would be still "experiencing the moment" of theyre deaths sort of thing.

● Look at Minato .. when he gets ressurected, he is totaly cool and like "Hey Shodaime look at my back, it says Yondaime Hokage you biatch". I mean, come on ! I think he should have acted a bit more concerned about Naruto and Kushina since his last moments alive were pretty damn dramatic. Maybe its Minatos personality ? That he is just too damn calm and cool ? I dont know.

● Sarutobi basically the same thing - he died for the sake of forever stopping Orochimaru from using jutsus and to protect the village so he should have been more like "Wha .. What is this ?! I JUST FINALLY managed to seal your arms god dammit so how can you use Edo Tensei jutsu ?" sort of .. I guess Edo Tensei works differently, or Kishi just didnt have time and panel space to draw this emotions.
    From what weve seen from Minato Death in the Naruto world clearly doesnt work the way you understand it. Minato was in a position he put himself in where he had already dealt with his death but still was able to get news from the outside world.

Aside from the latter, the same can be said of everyone else Edo Tenseid. Upon death, theyre in a state of peace, oblivious to the outside world, until someone calls them up. This is consistent with everyone, so I dont know why it seems to pose a problem.

It is still strange that Oro doesn't restrict the movement of the four Hokages. Minato is considered the fastest Shinobi ever, faster then both the third and the fourth Raikages. And even fast enough to not be seen by the Sharingan. And we don't know how fast Tobirama and Hashirama can move, that was just never mentioned. Letting Minato walk around freely seems dangerous to me.

In any case, I cannot picture the four of them disappearing once this conversation is over.

Why would he need to restrict them? They won't do anything.

Oro can just stop the summoning if ever they try something funny. Blocking their personality was for making them do stuff against their principles.

Quote Originally Posted by kuroihikari View Post
    Why would he need to restrict them? They won't do anything.

Oro can just stop the summoning if ever they try something funny. Blocking their personality was for making them do stuff against their principles.
    No, he can't. To release a summon, you have to do three or six handsigns (depending on Kabuchimaru's version). Mifune proved himself during his fight against Hanzou to be fast enough to prevent any handsigns, thus any jutsus from being activated (http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/531/13). Minato is no doubt at least as fast as Mifune, and Oro isn't exactly known for his speed. And obviously, Hokage one to three know the Edo-Tensei-Jutsu, so there is no way of telling, what they are capable of.

That is why I think it would be wise to restrict their movements.

That's thinking too much into it.

If they kill Oro, they're unsummoned. Plus, theyd need a reason to do anything first. That's assuming of course, sneaky as Oro is, that he doesnt have other countermeasures in place. Unlike them who are literally just minutes into being temporarily alive.

Youll have to consider also that these were the Hokage, embodiment of the will of fire. All of them died leaving everything to the next generation.

Edit: Note that this exercise is being done to give Sasuke answers. I highly doubt Sasuke would trust corpses that are constrained by Oro.
    Last edited by kuroihikari; 02-06-2013 at 10:21 AM.

This chapter didn't answer many questions but it hinted at a lot of very interesting things. I am very curious to see where all this is going. While so much attention is being put on the Uchiha's abilities and how they are unlocked, I am more curious about the Senju's abilities and how they are unlocked. It is very strange to me that only Hashirama was able to unlock what seems to have been the bloodline ability of the Senju clan. What was it that Hashirama did that separated him from everyone else, including his brother who was also a very powerful and talented ninja. I don't buy the concept that Hashirama was just god gifted with his powers, I think he must have done something to activate them. We know that Hashirama was married to an Uzumaki from the Wirlpool nation a clan known for there powerful sealing abilities and a clan that is also closely connected to the Rikudou. I think it is quite likely that it was Hashirama's wife who helped him unlock his bloodline somehow. We have already seen that the Uzumaki had capabilities powerful enough to merit their destruction. Perhaps it was the Uzumaki who sealed away the Mokuton ability and so their knowledge was necessary to unlock it or perhaps she was able to some how fulfill the missing link between the clans. The Uzumaki as a whole seems to have more in common with the Younger Son of the Rikudou so likely the Senju Bloodline if fractured and only by uniting with an Uzumaki can a Senju awaken their true power. Just like how the Uchiha learned the secrets of their eyes from the Uchiha tablet, I believe a similar tablet likely existed in the Wirlpool village.

It seems quite likely that it was Madara himself who destroyed the Uzumaki clan and that is partly why the Second Hokage fears him so much. Tobirama seems to have more of a fear and hatred for Madara than Hashirama does and obviously they had some sort of relationship because Madara had knowledge of the Edo Tensei. Tobirama also knows all about Madara's hatred and his love for his brother. Tobirama likely witnessed Madara's capabilities for destruction in ways that not even Hashirama was able to witness. If Tobirama knew that Madara was capable of destroying an entire clan it would explain a lot of his fears towards the Uchiha. If the Uzumaki were capable of helping the Senju awaken their true power that would also explain Madara's motive for destroying them. Since Madara had only ever been defeated by a Senju who had awakened the Mokuton bloodline.

I am also very curious about what Itachi discovered about the Uchiha clan that made him worry about their future. In this chapter Itachi is shown observing some ruins, where were those ruins and what could he have observed at such a young age that would have such a strong impact on his personality. We know that around the age Itachi was witnessing the 3rd World War. Itachi must have been alone in the village a lot during that time, since his parents and most his fellow Uchiha were likely fighting in the war. Itachi has a large pack though so it looks like he was probably exploring away from the village, perhaps he was exploring the ruins of the Wirl pool village which was also relatively close to Konoha. The wirlpool village is also removed from most of the other nations and was probably ignored during the war. If Itachi explored the ruins of the Wirlpool village and learned some of the secrets of the origin of the clans it would explain his understanding and commitment to the big picture. If Madara destroyed the Uzumaki clan and the Wirlpool village their knowledge of the origin of the clans would have been lost with them decreasing the chances of others learning what he had learned. Madara somehow knew about the Origin of the bloodlines and the connections between, I believe that is how he learned a lot of the secrets about the potential of the the bloodlines. I believe that the Wirlpool nation likely had the knowledge of how the bloodlines could be combined. That is also likely where Madara learned that the Uzumaki would be a good host for the Rinnegan. Itachi likely learned by observing the ruins of the Wirlpool village the dangers of the Uchiha's potential and began to hypothesize about Madara's plans. As we saw Itachi eventually confronted Tobi (who he thought to be Madara), Itachi likely wouldn't have sought out Madara if he hadn't began to guess at what Madara might be planning. Itachi's information was incomplete though and he died before ever getting all the answers.

Another thing that caught my attention this chapter, is that Sasuke only activated the regular Mangekyou, not the eternal Mangekyou. I would say it is merely a coincidence but as the past has shown, subtle differences like these are almost always done for a specific reason. I am very curious to see what Sasuke will learn from the tablet as well as the Hokages.

That's thinking too much into it.

If they kill Oro, they're unsummoned. Plus, theyd need a reason to do anything first. That's assuming of course, sneaky as Oro is, that he doesnt have other countermeasures in place. Unlike them who are literally just minutes into being temporarily alive.
    No, Edo Tensei continues even if the user is killed remember.

Orochimaru can likely restrict them without blocking their personalities though, Kabuto did it with several of the people he revived. You are right in saying that he probably has a plan, he had their genetic information on hand so its likely that he has thought this through quite well. He has probably set it so that he can take control if their is a need. I highly doubt that he has left the cooperation of the Hokages to chance.

Youll have to consider also that these were the Hokage, embodiment of the will of fire. All of them died leaving everything to the next generation.
    Yes, they almost worship the future generation to a point so they have a motive to inform it. right now they seem very interested in learning about how the world has progressed since their deaths and rightfully so. Sarutobi also quite likely feels that he owes Sasuke something after all that Itachi did. Sasuke is the result of a lot of the choices made by the Hokages collectively, it makes sense that they would want to learn about him and explain themselves to him. The question now is how will they react when they learn about Sasuke's intentions.
    Last edited by artifice; 02-06-2013 at 10:23 AM.

Good points. They probably have their own intentions, but we know that Minato at least was confident with leaving everything behind to his son.