• So So

1 8.33%
  • Bad

0 0%
  • Terrible

0 0%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by thebulk View Post
    And anyone else notice that the dude talking to her looks a hell lot like Renji??? Maybe thats the reason why she healed him during the SS arc after his fight with byakuya as some sort of debt to this person.
    From his looks alone, I can do as much as guess. He might be Ginjirō Shirogane, the owner of the Sunglasses Shop. He might, just as Renji, been part of 11 Division, until he was promoted to VC of the 6th Division. He was never shown, only his daughter was shown in an omake and she does look a little like the guy in Unohana's flashback:

Kubo showing him in a flashback, might mean that he will join the next battle against Quincy, seeing as many Shinigami have died and they need to fill their spots.

I guess Aizen wasn't vary of Zaraki for nothing. It might have been Aizen's end if Zaraki were to return to his old self. If Aizen and Zaraki met as kids, Aizen might have chosen a different path, since he became like this because he was lonely, or something, well he was strong the moment he was born and had no one stronger to look up to (it was something like that).

I wonder if the SK had illegitimate children.

Quote Originally Posted by my2kb22 View Post
    It only shows how strong he originally is... he is even more of a prodigy than gin and hitsugaya... well not in techniques or abilities but in just raw power and pure brute strength hehe....
    What if the reason Ken thinks Kido is so lame is because Unohana made him? I remember when someone tried to teach Ichigo to channel his spirit energy and it caused an explosion and that one armed lady got mad.
    Spoiler!

Konjiki Ashisogi Jizō Daemon Spade's Avatar
    inbetween Matsumoto's ______! Dont, judge me!
    How awesome is little Ken? More awesome than grown Ken!!!! Loved this chapter, Zaraki looked like feral dog!

Here's my thing with this chapter and last chapter. Didnt Unohana say she only ever received one wound? Well, in this chapter it looked like Zaraki was beating her to a pulp. On one page her torso is completely covered in blood.

Apparently, young Zaraki could take on anyone including Yama-Ji and a grown Aizen (pre-Hcube). Zaraki would've fit right in with the original G-13. He would have been the Toushiro of the group. The young/strong prodigy.

I dont think that blow finished Unohana.

Also, I'm not buying the whole Zaraki is stronger than Unohana. Even when he was little it seems like Unohana didnt go Bankai on him. Im pretty sure that would've gave her a better chance against young Z.
    FOOLS!!!!!

Favorite Manga/Anime Characters
    Naruto, Orochimaru, Jariya, Itachi, Ichigo, Mayuri, Kenpachi, Mugen, Vash the Stampede, "L", Edward Elric, Reborn, Rokudo Mukuro, Black Star, Dr. Fraken Stein, Death the Kid

^ That depends on what her bankai does. If you look closely, Unohana was unable to even hurt Lil-ken, while she was already bloody and close to her knees. Her benkai would make a difference only if it rises her attack power, or speed or has a trick to it. Kenpachi is starting to return to his old self and at the end of this chapter, he already is able to avoid her attacks. We don't know why Lil-ken was even unharmed. Was he avoiding all her attacks, or was she unable to even damage him, similar to how some people are unable to hurt the current Zaraki at all.

You can think of Lil-ken vs Unohana, in similar terms to Byakuya vs Renji. They have recognized the strength of their opponents, but it was simply touching the moon's reflection on the lake and not the real moon in the sky.

The only reason Unohana survived, is because Zaraki had broken himself mentally. That's the only reason she was able to damage him in the first place.

Little Zakari was a tiny badass. Loved this chapter

Manga reading list: Bleach, Naruto, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, One Piece, Code Breaker, Gamaran, Kuroko No Basket, Fairy Tail, The World God Only Knows, Kimi No Iru Machi, Good Ending, Medaka Box, Nisekoi, D.Gray-Man, Ao No Exorcist, Freezing, Magi - Labyrinth of Magic, Soul Eater, Rosario Vampire Season II, Iris Zero, Ubell Blatt, Bloody Cross, Sun-Ken Rock, and Infinite Stratos,

I really want to like this chapter, but it's not doing it for me.

I don't know why but I actually sort of dislike it. I guess I had higher expectations for their 1st encounter & Unohana's secret sin.

After reading this chapter 5 times, I still feel like "meh".

1) How did Kenpachi attain a Zanpakutou, since he was not a Shinigami he should not have had a Watchamacallit from Ouetsu.

2) Several years must have passed between their fight and Ken's memory loss, when he awoke with Yachiru next to him.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    1) How did Kenpachi attain a Zanpakutou, since he was not a Shinigami he should not have had a Watchamacallit from Ouetsu.

2) Several years must have passed between their fight and Ken's memory loss, when he awoke with Yachiru next to him.
    1) He prolly took the brand new whateveritscalled off the first red shirt rookie shinigami that he ganked bare-handed and prolly raped it so hard with his power that it went shikai without Ken knowing anything about it. Seems like the most logical explanation to me.

2) agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by SquadZero View Post
    1) He prolly took the brand new whateveritscalled off the first red shirt rookie shinigami that he ganked bare-handed and prolly raped it so hard with his power that it went shikai without Ken knowing anything about it. Seems like the most logical explanation to me.

2) agreed.
    About (1)....well!

Anyways we now know how it's even possible for Ichigo to defeat Kenpachi.
    Many of us felt it was rather ...lame (at the time).

Yeah one other thing, I don't really get what was Unohana's sin?
    Last edited by paulbee; 01-31-2013 at 02:26 AM.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    About (1)....well!

Anyways we now know how it's even possible for Ichigo to defeat Kenpachi.
    Many of us felt it was rather ...lame (at the time).

Yeah one other thing, I don't really get what was Unohana's sin?
    Her sin was being to weak to stand up to his power. She was just strong enough that he got a thrill from the fight, but not strong enough to survive it, so he locked up his power subconsciously so he could continue to get the thrill of fighting at the razor's edge of life and death. It's not really her fault, exactly, but at the same time, it was their first fight that caused him to do it, so she feels responsible.