Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 129
  1. #91
    Senior Member paulbee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Fargo, North Dakota USA
    Posts
    6,893
    Quote Originally Posted by Greed-sama View Post
    Now I can see why Suigetsu said this scroll could turn the tides of war in their favor! And for everyone saying that Orochimaru has turned a new leaf because of the way he is acting, I think it is because he is not stupid. Why would he wage a war and slaughter the people of Konoha when he is going to bring back to life the people who died protecting it? I mean how pissed do you think ALL 4 Hokage's would be if they get brought back to life only to see Konoha destroyed and the person who did it is also the one who brought them back to life?

    I honestly am not sure where this is going to head, I mean are they going to try and use them as pawns for their own plan? Will the 2nd allow that this time? And speaking of that, why didn't he break the seal when he was fighting the third like Madara did? Oh how I sometimes love the plot-hole no jutsu.
    Madara was not being controled by Kabuto at all, while Orochimaru controled the 2nd right from scratch. Also, Madara freed himself after ET was lifted, OTOH, the 2nd Hokage never had ET lifted, but he was sealed using Shiki Fuiin. He never got the chance to fee himself.

    I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

  2. #92
    Scanlator POW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    5,507
    Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    This Whole Episode gets more implausible, the more I think of it.

    If Orochimaru had a scroll that would get him his arms back all along, plus control of the 4 Hokages, then why didn't he use it before?

    If Kabuto made the scroll after Oro died, and since he had the same power as Oro, why didn't he revive Orochimaru, and/or why didn't he ET the 4 Hokages and win the war all by himself?

    Why was it that Sasuke could figure out how to revive Oro and do it within Minutes, and Kabuto his loyal minion didn't do the same?
    I had the same thought originally but as to why Orochimaru didn't just use the scroll there is good answer. Firstly if you remember when he asked Tsuande to heal his hands he also claimed to have another method to restore his hands. If you notice summoning the Death god means the summoner gives up their life in exchange thus that means Orochimaru would have to have replacement host body to exchange to and he can only exchange bodies every 3 years. In order to free his arms he had to gut the death gods stomach which mimics the effect on his own body thus killing the user.

    - Thus one possibility is Orochimaru was probably planning on timing using the technique around the time just before he could take Sasuke body.

    - also keep in mind since Orochimaru theorized the Sharingan can evolve can become the Rinnegan he could just upgrade Sasuke's body with Hashirama face & gain the Rinnegan then use the life restoring jutsu to restore his own hands.


    This is why Sasuke mentions this is something only Orochimaru can do because he can cheat death ! So I suspect timing is the issue with Orochimaru using this jutsu as his reanimation jutsu takes 3 years.


    Quote Originally Posted by Greed-sama View Post
    Now I can see why Suigetsu said this scroll could turn the tides of war in their favor! And for everyone saying that Orochimaru has turned a new leaf because of the way he is acting, I think it is because he is not stupid. Why would he wage a war and slaughter the people of Konoha when he is going to bring back to life the people who died protecting it? I mean how pissed do you think ALL 4 Hokage's would be if they get brought back to life only to see Konoha destroyed and the person who did it is also the one who brought them back to life?

    I honestly am not sure where this is going to head, I mean are they going to try and use them as pawns for their own plan? Will the 2nd allow that this time? And speaking of that, why didn't he break the seal when he was fighting the third like Madara did? Oh how I sometimes love the plot-hole no jutsu.
    The reason Orochimaru wanted to destroy the Leaf was to create an imbalance in the shinobi world that would kick off a war so he could exploit it for his research. Destroying the Leaf now would be meaningless seeing how the 5 nations have gained enough trust to form an alliance.

    You would think that all 4 of them know the seals for Edo Tensei and might try and use it to free themselves.

    In any case I suspect Orochimaru with his hands healed and his jutsu's back will attempt something to take Sasuke's body. The 4 Hokages may use the distraction to release themselves and go fight Madara. It would make sense that the 4 Hokage would be needed to seal Madara with the death god seal.


    Fire type

    What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

  3. #93
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    740
    what really annoys me is that this whole thing really diminishes minato's sacrifice to save konoha. think about it, he sacrifices his life to use this seal, only to have it unsealed, an unsealing that looks about as easy as taking a dump. i just feel it completely removes the point of minato's heroic sacrifice during the kyuubi attack, making it an utterly pointless sacrifice and tbh it also make me feel that the dead god seal wasnt such an epic seal, kind of a let down, it would be like the juubi going on a rampage and getting defeated by konohamaru's friend with the running nose, totally takes away the sense of awesomeness and epicness about it.

  4. #94
    Senior Member paulbee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Fargo, North Dakota USA
    Posts
    6,893
    Quote Originally Posted by almara View Post
    what really annoys me is that this whole thing really diminishes minato's sacrifice to save konoha. think about it, he sacrifices his life to use this seal, only to have it unsealed, an unsealing that looks about as easy as taking a dump. i just feel it completely removes the point of minato's heroic sacrifice during the kyuubi attack, making it an utterly pointless sacrifice and tbh it also make me feel that the dead god seal wasnt such an epic seal, kind of a let down, it would be like the juubi going on a rampage and getting defeated by konohamaru's friend with the running nose, totally takes away the sense of awesomeness and epicness about it.
    I feel the same way. Seems that Lots of absolutes are being overturned and revised.

    The Kyuubi used to be a Demon Fox with 9tails, and infinite chakra powered by the Malice of Mankind, NOW well he's just a chakra beast.

    Tobi was Madara, the one who fought the Shodaime Hokage and the force for Evil behind most of the bad stuff in the Nija World....Now he's just a ridiculous Crazy Emo Ninja boy in love with a Dead girl who never gave him face.

    The Death God seal used to be the Ultimate seal powered by the Shinigami himself. NOW, it's just another ordinary seal with the Mask that unlocks it Laying unprotected in a dilapidated building, waiting for any fool to grab it.

    Honestly if this manga ends without Naruto or somebody finding a way to permanently Block EDO TENSEI, it would mean that any fool could ressurect the Hokages and use them as their play things.
    Last edited by paulbee; 02-01-2013 at 07:26 PM.

    I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

  5. #95
    Senior Member Zero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,825
    Well the Death God Seal is still better than most sealing jutsu. Still, I have to question the purpose of this mask. Is it only a key to releasing the seal, or is the Death God normally stored in there and thus breaking the mask would annihilate it as well ? Perhaps the Death God is a higher being that governs over death, but someone was able to summon it and then seal/store it within the mask, forcing it to obey anyone that summons him (for a price of course). It reminds me a little of the summoning contract with ninja animals, just that in this case, you pay in soul and not just blood. Yet, if the mask is nothing more than a key, then destroying it would make undoing the seal impossible.

    Continuing from the Death God being a higher being. What if he is the guardian of the Pure World and the only reason that ET works, is because he is missing. Releasing it would nullify any future attempts at ET, assuming that no one capable of capturing it appears again.

    Then again, it seems to work almost identical to sealing something within the pocket dimension of a scroll. As long as you hide it well, no one will grab hands on anything or anyone that is there (like the Swords of the Mist 7 Swordsman).

  6. #96
    Senior Member Shock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    4,010
    Someone better head-seal Yondaime pretty fast man, of all the people there hes the one that can blink half way around the world in an instant lol. The 4 should go over to the Kage's and save them, then it would be 9 Kage's on 2 baddies! And maybe revive Muu and some of the other fun ones heh
    A pie in the sky?

  7. #97
    Senior Member Temperjoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,266
    I think the mask is intended to be a fail safe for the Dead Demon Consuming Seal jutsu. I would imagine that whomever created the jutsu/seal realized that there might be a time when you'd need to contact the person who used the jutsu. This might also be related to the creation of the Edo Tensei jutsu, as a way to interact with the person(s) who was brought back. But, you wouldn't want the mask to be common knowledge, since it would defeat the purpose of sealing your enemy if your enemy's allies knew how to undo it.

  8. #98
    Senior Member paulbee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Fargo, North Dakota USA
    Posts
    6,893
    It Just bothers me that Sandaime who knew about the Death Demon Seal:

    Spoiler!


    ......Would not have sent Anbu to the old Izumaki outpost to search for any dangerous and valuable things there. The Uzumaki were known for their sealing techniques and they were feared, which is why their village was destroyed.

    Worst, it's not as if the mask was hidden, it was right there hanging on a wall as soon as Oro and Sasuke's group went inside the building.

    Now if I was a bad guy who wanted to use the DDS Mask, I'd just put some poor fool in a genjutsu and make them die for me. This would have been easy for Itachi, or for Ino or her father to do.

    I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

  9. #99
    Senior Member Temperjoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,266
    Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    It Just bothers me that Sandaime who knew about the Death Demon Seal:

    Spoiler!


    ......Would not have sent Anbu to the old Izumaki outpost to search for any dangerous and valuable things there. The Uzumaki were known for their sealing techniques and they were feared, which is why their village was destroyed.

    Worst, it's not as if the mask was hidden, it was right there hanging on a wall as soon as Oro and Sasuke's group went inside the building.

    Now if I was a bad guy who wanted to use the DDS Mask, I'd just put some poor fool in a genjutsu and make them die for me. This would have been easy for Itachi, or for Ino or her father to do.
    Maybe, but it's also possible he didn't know about the mask, or felt it was safer where it was. It's easy to underestimate Orochimaru's ability to ferret out secrets and discover information. And sometimes, hiding something in plain sight by leaving it alone, as opposed to sending ANBU (who were filled with supporters for Danzo, who would have abused the hell out of the mask) can be more effective than putting it in a heavily locked-down safe.

    EDIT: plus who knows what the other masks do, maybe touching them would have unleashed a hellish trap that would have annihilated everything for a mile surrounding the place?

  10. #100
    Senior Member Jean-Marie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    203
    I wouldn't be surprised that eventaully the 1st or Minato could break the ET by some way. Itashi and Madara did.


    Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    Grrrr Naruto-verse you are rediculous! No rules and anything goes
    Don't forget that all we read about this manga are pretty bad translations.


    Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    This Whole Episode gets more implausible, the more I think of it.
    If Orochimaru had a scroll that would get him his arms back all along, plus control of the 4 Hokages, then why didn't he use it before?
    If Kabuto made the scroll after Oro died, and since he had the same power as Oro, why didn't he revive Orochimaru, and/or why didn't he ET the 4 Hokages and win the war all by himself?
    Why was it that Sasuke could figure out how to revive Oro and do it within Minutes, and Kabuto his loyal minion didn't do the same?
    I guess Oro planned to use the reaper. It could be the reason he attacked Konoha. To get in the uchiha basement where to summon it. But his attack failed. After, a second attack was even more risky as he was deprivated of his arms. And then when Konoha was empty Oro was dead so he wouldn't have the chance neither.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •