Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Bones View Post
    Haha! Epic! Wow, a lot went down in this chapter And so many possibilities! Wonder what's going to happen next. Will Sasuke and Orochimaru tag the edo's? Will they let them roam free? Madara nor Tobi is in allianse with either Sasuke or Orochimaru. So I see no reason why they won't let Hashirama let it all out against Madara

This is all getting tied together nicely
    I don't think the tags matter, if Madara could break free, Im pretty sure the 4 kages can as well.
    "RESPECT"

how will hashirama react to seeing sasuke? sasuke will undoubtedly be a heavily charged symbol and personification of so many things relevant to hashirama. i think the big stuff will take place between hashirama and sasuke and who knows, hashirama might entrust some of his power to sasuke to make him "complete" and close his personal chapter with the "two brothers" legacy after madara became so evil.
    _____
    Obito is Tobirama's great grandson. The proof is in the pudding.

But I don't think Sasuke or Orochimaru is interested in controlling them. More like asking them what really happened in the past. And since they don't have any interest in the war, they'll let them roam free. We'll surely see some nice flashbacks soon. And some epic encounters as well. Madara and Hashirama, Hiruzen and Orochimaru, Minato and Naruto.

That's more like it, that was a great chapter, I was struggling to figure out who could possibly be the ones who know everything since so many of the greatest, oldest characters are dead but this explanation totally makes sense. This is also a totally satisfying way of explaining the situation with the death god. This also sheds a bit more light on the significance of the Uzumaki clan and further hints at why it was destroyed. This also provides a totally believable counter to Madara's unfathomable power. No one living is close to a match for Madara, but with all 4 of the previous Hokage's and with Orochimaru himself at full power and with a pure blooded Uchiha of Sasuke's level, team Orochimaru is totally back in business. This also explains how the other half of the Kyuubi's chakra will be obtained. I can only hope the information that follows lives up to this awesomeness. This is potentially the game changer I was hoping for.

On top of all that, they are in the Uchiha hide out and Sasuke has the Eternal Mangekyou which means he can see more of the secret table than ever before and also he has, the 4 hokage's to explain the details of what he is able to see. Now we have an opportunity to learn more answers than ever before. Including the full details behind the Uchiha massacre, the reason the Uzumaki Clan was destroyed, the secret to Hashirama's power, what Minato really planned for Naruto to achieve with the Kyuubi, and so much more.

Quote Originally Posted by Temperjoke View Post
    EDIT: I just realized something else, Minato was sealed away with about half of the original Kyuubi. Now that he's been freed, does this mean that the Kyuubi is about to get a huge boost in power?
    That's a very good question. Since Naruto hat run out on power-ups, the second half of Kurama's chakra might come in handy. To be honest, I don't see why it shouldn't already be back the moment it was freed. Oro didn't have to do anything to make his arms come back either. So maybe Naruto is already struggling with the evil second half of Kurama's power. Or even better: Maybe Kurama is fighting his second half.

I don't exactly like this chapter, because it was a tad bit too easy to free the four previous hokages from the Demon God, but there are various options for the storyline to unfold, so I'll go along with it.

My assumption: If Sasori was able to free himself from Edo Tensei, these four will easily be able to do it. Maybe Minato will learn that his son is around and lives up to his expectations, that Tobi is his former student, that Tobi really came back and so on. An emotional outburst is at hand. Tobirama invented the Edo Tensei, so he might know how to free himself as Madara did. Sarutobi is face to face to his former student Orochimaru, so that may become interesting. And Hashirama... come on, if he is only half as strong as Kishi makes him appear, there is no way Oro can control him. So these four might stay for a little while. My impression is, that Oro and Sasuke are seriously underestimating the risks of Edo Tensei.

This is hardly important compared to the dramatic plot developments, but I feel like Suigetsu's personality is quite a bit like Kisame's... he enjoys pushing peoples' buttons and has moments of good insight. Seeing him get under Orochimaru's skin with the statement "So you don't need to anymore? To get sentimental and resolve to crush the Leaf?" reminded me of Kisame's old interactions with Itachi, where it seemed like Kisame could see through Itachi better than others could.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakritze View Post
    That's a very good question. Since Naruto hat run out on power-ups, the second half of Kurama's chakra might come in handy. To be honest, I don't see why it shouldn't already be back the moment it was freed. Oro didn't have to do anything to make his arms come back either. So maybe Naruto is already struggling with the evil second half of Kurama's power. Or even better: Maybe Kurama is fighting his second half.

I don't exactly like this chapter, because it was a tad bit too easy to free the four previous hokages from the Demon God, but there are various options for the storyline to unfold, so I'll go along with it.

My assumption: If Sasori was able to free himself from Edo Tensei, these four will easily be able to do it. Maybe Minato will learn that his son is around and lives up to his expectations, that Tobi is his former student, that Tobi really came back and so on. An emotional outburst is at hand. Tobirama invented the Edo Tensei, so he might know how to free himself as Madara did. Sarutobi is face to face to his former student Orochimaru, so that may become interesting. And Hashirama... come on, if he is only half as strong as Kishi makes him appear, there is no way Oro can control him. So these four might stay for a little while. My impression is, that Oro and Sasuke are seriously underestimating the risks of Edo Tensei.
    OMG!! THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! I was so caught up with what it means for hashirama to meet sasuke, an uchiha with EMS and this generation's madara; variation of and play on the fate of bloodline vs bloodline. I was so worked up on that that i totally missed that minato confronting obito would be AMAZING! i reeaaaallly hope that if indeed minato is present at the battlefield with obito and kakashi that we can finally find out about rin's death and see what minato can offer with the situation...

is rin's death somehow connected to the dark secret the hokages might know? was kishi waiting to get minato near obito and kakashi before finally revealing the truth about rin?
    _____

- I guess after loosing his arms and seeing the 3rd's jutsu Orochimaru researched the death god jutsu.

- that mask was just hanging out there for no reason?

- I knew there had to be a way to retrieve souls from the Death God but there has to be a draw back to this ??? Is it only temporary or something....

- Oro said he needed to be sacrificed but is he able to avoid death by taking Zetsu as a host...

- I wonder if the 4 Hokage well get to fight Madara....or will Orochimaru try and use them against Sasuke to capture him.

- I wonder why did they need to do this in the Uchiha temple

- I wonder if Orochimaru will upgrade Sasuke with Hashirama Face

Fire type

What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

Quote Originally Posted by POW View Post
    - I guess after loosing his arms and seeing the 3rd's jutsu Orochimaru researched the death god jutsu.

- that mask was just hanging out there for no reason?

- I knew there had to be a way to retrieve souls from the Death God but there has to be a draw back to this ??? Is it only temporary or something....

- Oro said he needed to be sacrificed but is he able to avoid death by taking Zetsu as a host...

- I wonder if the 4 Hokage well get to fight Madara....or will Orochimaru try and use them against Sasuke to capture him.

- I wonder why did they need to do this in the Uchiha temple

- I wonder if Orochimaru will upgrade Sasuke with Hashirama Face
    good points. if orochimaru knew how to get his arms back then why the hell did he not do it sooner? kishi better backtrack and say orochimaru solved the final piece only after acquiring kabuto's info (like the mask's location for example or some sort of timing factor like shisui's eye had as well as oro's own body switch)

* six zetsu in sasuke. was tobi planning to make each zetsu a vessel for each of the six paths for sasuke?

* orochimaru took over a zetsu body. he now has zetsu's abilities. watch out!

* orochimaru now knows what the zetsu 's know that were spying inside sasuke. he also knows the location of dragon mountain.
    _____

Quote Originally Posted by Nano View Post
    Am i the only one who was annoyed seeing those guys again?[
    Yes, you are! ;-)

I mean they are the 'heroes' and the memory of these great guys are about to be severly beaten down....which is not real cool. Minato going against Naruto would not advance the plot too much IMO - Keep em dead, i wanted to see Naruto beat the personification of the strongest - Madara.
    That's exactly the point. Of course, Konoha likes to consider the former Hokages heros with unfathomable power, but it's not that simple. Sarutobi let Hizashi die. We know he had no choice, if he hadn't done that, a new war would have been virtually unavoidable. Maybe being a Hokage means trying to be a hero while knowing that it's impossible. And Tobirama's intentions are even more questionable. He let root gather intelligence on the Uchiha clan, and he invented Edo Tensei, a technique one has to sacrifice living beings for (although the newly found White-Zetsu-Clone-Option makes the jutsu less problematic). So let's see if they really are the great heros. Perhaps accepting that even heros have a dark side is part of Naruto's aim to break the cycle of vengeance. That's why Sasuke wants to ask those four: Itachi told him that he killed his entire clan on his own accord, and he doesn't regret it, although Danzou forced him into it. So Sasuke wants to find out who is to blame. Perhaps the answer will be: Nobody (or everybody, but the result would be the same).

The mask explaining how minato was able to make a contract with the death god was pretty cool though.
    No doubt!

Quote Originally Posted by Rlinfamous View Post
    Minato is probably going to release that Kyuubi chakra once he learns that Naruto is in trouble (and may need to fight Sasuke).
    We have no indication that Minato has any control over this. Sarutobi didn't have to release Oro's arms, neither.

Orochimaru doesn't seem to be that evil anymore. I wonder what his deal is at this point.. he's got his jutsu back (which he apparently lacked even after gaining a new body), and he's got the four Hokages under his Edo Tensei (although he hasn't placed tags in them yet). I wonder how Orochimaru will end up... personally, I foresee another bad guy redemption for him. Orochimaru just hasn't seemed as sinister since his humbling revival at the hands of his former guinea pigs.
    Please not! The upcoming Tobi-redemption is already ridiculous, but an Oro-redemption would come out of the blue. Nothing happened that would make him reconsider his position. He may be a key-character, but redemption... Although, with Kishi, you never know.

I'm mostly looking forward to what Hashirama has to say, and the implications of Naruto gaining new Kyuubi chakra.
    Who doesn't?