Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    It really seemed to me that Minato Sealed the Yin Kyuubi in himself first, BUT It seemed that Sandaime sealed Oro's Hands and Hashirama and Nidaieme the same way too.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

It stands to reason if Kishi si consistent that the Kyuubi's Yin should have been released from inside Minato Just as Shodaime, Nidaime, and Oro's hands were released from inside Sarutobi

It's anybody's guess where the Manga goes from here on. So many potential key players. One question is why Kabuto never used this scroll to ET the Hokages. It seems unlikely that he would not have known about such a Major find in Oro's possesion.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Not even Granny-Chiyo "survived". Not even Asuma-Sensei :'(

Fingers crossed that Jaraiya will be the one character to retain his proud, satisfied character-defining death...

WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU WON'T HONOR MY PIRATE KING DISCOUNT!!!

Proud (and confused) subscriber of Shonen Jump Alpha.

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    It really seemed to me that Minato Sealed the Yin Kyuubi in himself first, BUT It seemed that Sandaime sealed Oro's Hands and Hashirama and Nidaieme the same way too.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

It stands to reason if Kishi si consistent that the Kyuubi's Yin should have been released from inside Minato Just as Shodaime, Nidaime, and Oro's hands were released from inside Sarutobi

It's anybody's guess where the Manga goes from here on. So many potential key players. One question is why Kabuto never used this scroll to ET the Hokages. It seems unlikely that he would not have known about such a Major find in Oro's possesion.
    It's possible that Kabuto didn't want to risk it. I'm not sure that Kabuto is actually capable of Orochimaru's immortality-body switching jutsu, so if he had used the mask ritual, it would have killed him. Also, what if Kabuto didn't want to risk powering up the Kyuubi by using the ritual?

Orochimaru seems so tired... I think he's viewed Sasuke as a worthy successor to himself, and someone who might accomplish something greater than endless searching for power.

I read a theory a few weeks back that Orochimaru's motive was to achieve a power great enough to defeat Uchiha Madara, whom he held to be responsible for the wars that led to the death of his (Oro's) parents. I wonder if this will be proven accurate. He certainly seems to have gone to great lengths to study the plans of Tobi/Akatsuki, and it would create even greater parallels between Orochimaru/Sasuke. Honestly, Oro seems almost parental towards Taka in this chapter.

i think that kabuto had plenty with his hashi-madara and the cost and risk of obtaining the hokages would not be justified for the sake of redundant abilities. oro and kabuto, nothing like their relationship is often found in other stories.. so intimate yet so much concealed from one another. kabuto may not have been aware of the scroll given that he was dealing with his master's arm setbacks in ways to suggest that the shinigami ritual wasn't a consideration or even known of.

but with the hokages back, will the relationship between madara and orochimaru be confirmed and revisited?

i thought that because minato took half the kyubi's chakra then it was implication and nearly forshadowing of the dead demon seal having a release key. naruto, being uzumaki, arguably a "royal" member at that, he would be the suitable heir to have mastery or type if command to their crazy seals. i always took minato's actions to point to them one day being undone yet finalized by naruto. never did i imagine orochimaru would be playing the role he is now and being the agent of undoing dead demon seal instead of naruto!

p.s. kishimoto/orochimaru covered their a** by stating quickly he had enough DNA of those four "on his person" for the et to work. it makes me wonder if oro's arms were not so important for the sake of casting jutsu but instead for the fact those arms were where he stored the genetic materials of his et prizes and other valuable secrets. he said "always handy" and the arms are the only physical objects that could be used to store the dna, otherwise orochimaru was revived from coalescence and without anywhere to so much as sustain a reverse summon tattoo like his arms would have likely had.

any jutsu he wanted could have been performed just fine or through a proxy so his arms were not so valuable and desperately sought unless they contained seals to things like kage dna (tampered at that) or secret jutsu components. sealed in his body parts were the safest and surest way to keep it always on his person.
    we have seen danzo and sasuke, each an affiliate of orochimaru, use their arms as storage lockers in unique ways. i have no doubt now oro did the same.
    Last edited by knife eater; 01-31-2013 at 05:07 AM.
    _____
    Obito is Tobirama's great grandson. The proof is in the pudding.

Thoughts:

How dare they defile Minato this way? I guess I'll forgive the insulting indignity if it means that (a) Minato can Somehow assist Naruto, and (b) at the end of this he gets to go and rejoin Kushina.

What exactly is the Death God's belly, and Is that a literal Death God, or just some random seal like the Totsuka Sword?

Dangit, I'm still hurting from the formally inviolate Shinigami becoming violated.

Quote Originally Posted by Rlinfamous View Post
    Orochimaru seems so tired... I think he's viewed Sasuke as a worthy successor to himself, and someone who might accomplish something greater than endless searching for power.

I read a theory a few weeks back that Orochimaru's motive was to achieve a power great enough to defeat Uchiha Madara, whom he held to be responsible for the wars that led to the death of his (Oro's) parents. I wonder if this will be proven accurate. He certainly seems to have gone to great lengths to study the plans of Tobi/Akatsuki, and it would create even greater parallels between Orochimaru/Sasuke. Honestly, Oro seems almost parental towards Taka in this chapter.
    Maybe Oro is maturing a little past his Obssesions and seeing the world a little differently.

Also what would happen if Oro gets released from the Sword of Totsuka, Will there be Two Orochimarus?

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

I'd really like Orochimaru to reflect a bit on Jiraiya's death... it'd be nice if that impacted him in some way. Perhaps it would make him think about the fact that, regardless of his ambitions to crush Konoha, everyone who knew him will die in time... his immortality may allow him to pursue his ambitions into eternity, but destruction and death will happen whether or not he exists, and for all his looking to the future, Orochimaru is the one left behind. Maybe it will tie in with the message about the importance of bonds from the Naruto/Obito plotline.

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    Thoughts:

How dare they defile Minato this way? I guess I'll forgive the insulting indignity if it means that (a) Minato can Somehow assist Naruto, and (b) at the end of this he gets to go and rejoin Kushina.

What exactly is the Death God's belly, and Is that a literal Death God, or just some random seal like the Totsuka Sword?

Dangit, I'm still hurting from the formally inviolate Shinigami becoming violated.

Maybe Oro is maturing a little past his Obssesions and seeing the world a little differently.

Also what would happen if Oro gets released from the Sword of Totsuka, Will there be Two Orochimarus?
    I think that was not a literal death god, Paul. It's just a seal of the uzumaki clan, and we still need to learn what was it used for in their history.
    But as any technique that has a weak point, every seal has a key, or an anti-seal that undoes it. Seals were created by humans, and nothing created by humans is perfect nor eternal and not even inviolable. The death god seal, just as any other sealing jutsu, has its drawbacks

-it kills the user of the jutsu
    -it's easy to undo, if one knows exactly how

the difficuties of this however are:
    -One has first to find out HOW to release demon god tech. It might be very very difficult to find the information needed, and only someone as sneaky as oro could do it.
    -it kills the one who releases it (which means the user will be required to sacrifice himself)
    -without the knowledge of edo tensei, undoing the seal is pretty much useless, unless you want to just free your loved ones from the seal.

So it seems pretty much logical to me that this technique can be undone, if it was first MADE, that is, BULIT, there has obviously to be a means to UNMAKING, thus DESTROYING it. Funny enough..even oro said something like this: everything that has form, sooner or later disgregates. There may be techniques more difficult to undo, but they always CAN be undone. Nothing is eternal.

Quote Originally Posted by Rlinfamous View Post
    I'd really like Orochimaru to reflect a bit on Jiraiya's death... it'd be nice if that impacted him in some way. Perhaps it would make him think about the fact that, regardless of his ambitions to crush Konoha, everyone who knew him will die in time... his immortality may allow him to pursue his ambitions into eternity, but destruction and death will happen whether or not he exists, and for all his looking to the future, Orochimaru is the one left behind. Maybe it will tie in with the message about the importance of bonds from the Naruto/Obito plotline.
    best analysis and synthesis yet of orochimaru's development and possible resolution. i couldn't have hoped to say it better myself. i would like to add that orochimaru still has opportunity to test his bond with tsunade as long as both are still living. that could potentially be the weightiest character drama in the whole manga given their age is not yet "too old" and both still have personal obstacles to overcome along with incredible amounts of experience and wisdom left to impart the newer generations. what you say about jaraya moving and remaining dead could be the catalyst to a more substantial understanding between tsunade and oro.
    _____
    Obito is Tobirama's great grandson. The proof is in the pudding.

An interesting idea.

regardless of where the kyuubi is, who ever said that it had to go to naruto, if it goes to anyone at all?

orochimaru is getting powered up again and again. kabuto's power and info? check. arms back? check. zetsu clone? check. I dont see him getting much more in the future but he def should have some new tricks up his sleeve.

also I find it funny that before he was going after a uchiha user. he was so focused on extending his life to gain power, but in his haste to gain power he ignored a the bloodline that has power that parallels the uchiha (uzumaki), a bloodline that ironically is known for extended life energy! not to mention a clan known for sealing which could have gone a long way in helping him.

current reading: Naruto:shipuuden, Bleach, Fairytails, Historys strongest diciple kenichi,
    berzerk, deadman wonderland, claymore, hunter x hunter, gantz, blue exorcist, one piece, zetman, witch hunter, liar game, and vagabond ..... I need more!