The common consesus in the TLR threads is that, Yabuki had to quit because he can't be a full time mangaka for a weekly series and taking care of his little girl (she's three) at the same time (now that he has full custody).
Ataru was asking about how much TLR was Hasemi, Yabuki, and the editors... Well, according to the Manga Brain (a special section dedicated to interviews with a mangaka in WSJ), Yabuki usually discusses the story with Hasemi over the phone on Wednesdays, then spends half a day doing the preliminary draft on Fridays... Have another in-depth discussion with both the editor and Hasemi in the afternoon, and finish up the final product on Tuesday morning (Tuesday afternoon is his free time).
- There is this person called Nakamura Ine who is quite famous on the Nico Nico website (a large Japanese online community somewhat like Youtube), who turned out to be a minor (last year in high school) and also insinuated that he has something going on with a Kashiwagi Shiho.
- Now this Shiho was the wife of Yabuki Kentaro, the author of To-Love-Ru. She met Yabuki when he was looking for assistants, seduced him and ended up becoming his wife and gave birth to a daughter.
- But she hardly did any house work, neglected her daughter, and spent most of her days in front of a computer spending time in Nico Nico etc.
- January 2009, when Yabuki was sick with flu and bedridden, she kidnapped her own daughter and disappeared, and it turned out that she left her daughter at her parents' place while she was doing this and that with Ine.
- February 2009, Yabuki 'begged' Shiho to return for the sake of their daughter, and Shiho did return to Tokyo, but few days later she dropped out once again with the girl, this time taking a notebook computer and Yabuki's credit cards. Yabuki later stopped the cards, but a large sum of money was already taken out.
- Yabuki looked for them everywhere, but to no avail. March 2009, Shiho demanded a divorce on the grounds of personality clash and a large chunk of Yabuki's assets, but when the evidence of her infidelity was discovered on her computer, she then changed her stance and demanded money in exchange for the custody right of the daughter.
- Realizing it would take over a year to settle things, Yabuki accepted her conditions and got the daughter back.
- Haruna Sairenji was based on Kashiwagi Shiho, and there is a reason why her role was reduced dramatically since volume 13, and Yui getting more prominent. And apparently Shiho has sued/demanded more money for the character of Haruna recently.
- A comment of Yabuki's while this was all happening:
[While I was working hard on a manga that was focused on taking young girls' panties off, another man was taking my wife's panties off.]
- I forgot to mention that following the dispute over Haruna's character right, Yabuki feared his daughter getting hurt by all the debacle, so he accepted Shiho's demand yet again and ended the series prematurely.
Nakamura Ine, the famous guy in the horse mask performing music on nico, has admitted on his blog that he had extramarital relations with Kashiwagi Shiho, the wife of ToLoveru artist Yabuki Kentarou. On his blog he apologizes deeply once more to Yabuki and also to all that have been affected by this.
Kashiwagi Shiho had started getting in touch with the musicians on nico douga and got to know Nakamura Ine among others, and she had collaborations with them by helping them draw the art for the music they post up (under the handle name of Ume).
Kashiwagi and Yabuki are apparently now currently divorced since early this year (the extramarital relations happened before the divorce) and Yabuki has the custodial rights to their 3 year old daughter.
The entire issue was spotted and dug up through mixi and there was a very long battle as 2ch posters tried to find more evidence and confront Nakamura and Kashiwagi. There was a lot of unconfirmed info so I hadn’t posted about it till now.
There is still a lot about what happened between them, so interested parties that understand Japanese can read the wiki.
He had announced that he will be joining the Ouzoku Band but now he’ll leave them instead, and he’ll delete his mixi account, his blog, and all of his and Ume’s videos from nico douga.