• |3| Average

3 18.75%
  • |2| Bad

0 0%
  • |1| Terrible

0 0%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Anubiz632 View Post
    However like you said, it's totally irrelevant lol. I wonder if Isane knows Unohana's true nature. She probably only knows her as a Medical Captain & not as the 1st Kenpachi.

Hmm........
    I kinda have a feeling she knows about Unohana's true nature. Seems they had an almost mother-daughter type relationship going on. At the very least, they were pretty close, it seemed, so if she didn't know already (prior history/backstory), Unohana probably told her about her past at one point in time.

All of a sudden, Bleach is (super) interesting again. I wonder how its ratings are now. Have to hand it to Kubo, I wasn't sure he could pull bleach out of the fullbring doldrums.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    All of a sudden, Bleach is (super) interesting again. I wonder how its ratings are now. Have to hand it to Kubo, I wasn't sure he could pull bleach out of the fullbring doldrums.
    I will always feel that Kubo's first and most major mistake is that he made Aizen too holyWTF! strong and broken. He was too perfect. There should never be another Big Bad who attains the same level of power that he did. Kubo must adhere to this.

His second mistake was that the HM Arc was far, far, far too long. From the time Ichigo and co. entered HM until the time Aizen was defeated, the plot was at a virtual standstill. There was too much fighting and not enough plot-relevant info being tossed around to balance it all out, so it was tough to sit through the "smallfry fights" until the main events (i.e., Aizen proceeding to curbstomp everyone).

His third mistake: The Fullbring Arc. We knew what it was the moment they were introduced: an arc designed specifically to give Ichigo his powers back. The problem was that was literally all there was to it. Once that was taken care of, they (at the time) were killed off or were otherwise never to be seen again. So what was the point of introducing Fullbringer abilities? Nothing, that's what. Fullbringer abilities as a whole will likely not have anymore relevance.

Now, the way he's making Bleach interesting is that he's focusing on or starting to bring attention to plot points he brought up long, long ago. Stuff like Ichigo's mom, the Soul King, Zero Squad, Ichigo's origins, Zaraki's history, and the greatest point of them all, Unohana (biased). Giving us readers stuff that's actually has some effect on the plot makes the manga feel like it has substance, and that substance is what makes most manga good. If he can execute this way all the way up to the end, I'm sure everyone will conveniently forget that they ever entertained thoughts of dropping the manga.

Lol i may have raged about Bleach during the fullbringer arc but deep down i knew like most ppl here that we wouldn't truly drop it. Few mangas can entertain n keep the plot up all the way for that long.

But anyway i do hope we get a proper back story to this relationship it deserves as much. N hopefully some yachiru in it as well haha.

From the end of bleach 524, will unohana sacrifice herself for Zaraki???

Quote Originally Posted by Afro Thunda View Post

His third mistake: The Fullbring Arc. We knew what it was the moment they were introduced: an arc designed specifically to give Ichigo his powers back. The problem was that was literally all there was to it. Once that was taken care of, they (at the time) were killed off or were otherwise never to be seen again. So what was the point of introducing Fullbringer abilities? Nothing, that's what. Fullbringer abilities as a whole will likely not have anymore relevance.
    Lol remember that ginjou, tsukishima and the other guy i forgot hehe is still in the picture... they were picked up and gathered by the shiba clan right after they died when they were wondering around rokungai hehe.......i don't know what they're role is but apparently kubo wants to connect them to the current storyline

Well, technically, Ichigo is constantly using Fullbring while being in his Shinigami form, so it's not like it was explained for nothing. What's more, it explained how exactly Chad's powers worked. Sure he isn't a mayor player anymore, but he had some important roles here and there and he can still get much stronger according to the explanations we were given, until all of his skin becomes usable. It introduced characters that "helped" Ichigo regain his powers and now those characters are training/helping Ganju to become stronger. They are basically leverages used to bring characters back to the story again.

Not to mention that the Fullbring (along with Quincy powers) was probably needed for completing Ichigo's FGT form (there was a part of his body that was still not covered by it, presumably because he hasn't master all of his powers yet at that time).

@Afro Thunda

I think his only mistake was dragged out battles with lots of wasted panels. I remember one specific chapter during the start of the final Ichigo/Ulquiorra battle that was especially bad in that regard, because there were entire pages (plural) that were completely black.

I think that the mistake-points 2 and 3 that you have listet direclty result from that problem and it's a lot less annoying when watching the anime version, because it runs through the battles a lot faster (even for an anime adaption), which in turn is exactly the reason why there have been so many fillers.

Bleach is really terrible with it's flow, to the point where single chapters often feel like nothing happened at all, even though I think it has gotten a lot better since the start of the final arc.

As for Aizen, I think everyone knows that we will see him again.

I think it was his artistic nature that got the best of him but despite most people's dislike of his style at that point, I for one enjoyed it.

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

I kinda have a feeling she knows about Unohana's true nature. Seems they had an almost mother-daughter type relationship going on. At the very least, they were pretty close, it seemed, so if she didn't know already (prior history/backstory), Unohana probably told her about her past at one point in time.
    Maybe the letter Unohana left her explained things.

Spoiler!
    I wonder if Kubo is receiving help with the storyline. Perhaps one of his editors stepped in or something. I don't know lol.

How many people work on Bleach anyways? Is it a team or just Kubo himself churning out weekly chapters? Someone please enlighten me.