Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: One Punch Man

It's actually good imo. 20 chapters in and I'm more interested in it than the first 20 chapters of One piece or Bleach. It just needs more time to grow on us.

sig made by me

Tried this out by reading the latest chapter Chapter 24, probably shouldn't have started with that one, couldn't take the fact there were 8 double pages in a row of him putting his arms on seriously.
    Aggravate, Anger, and Piss off

Quote Originally Posted by aggeroff View Post
    Tried this out by reading the latest chapter Chapter 24, probably shouldn't have started with that one, couldn't take the fact there were 8 double pages in a row of him putting his arms on seriously.
    It's probably an inside joke. Seeing how lately animators are unable to even do proper animation (shippuden for example), the author specifically does it in a way, that it would be hard to fu*k it (since they already have a nice outline of it). By just making those pages into a gif, it is already a nice animation, I have seen people doing it with this manga and saying that it begs to be animated . Well, maybe , anyway here are a few examples of it:
    Spoiler!

Some covers:

Spoiler!

^exactly

But it is a little annoying sometimes nonetheless xD.
    I also went like 'urgh' in this chapter because of that tbh.
    It took quite a while for this chapter to be translated and half of this chapter was that sequence...

But it does look like he may have found the robot he's looking for?
    Last edited by Flare Blitz; 02-15-2013 at 07:39 PM.

The first time I noticed it (besides thinking it was cool), I thought it was part of the joke of this manga. Manga authors love their double pages when they need to make something epic--So why not abuse the crap out of the system to show remedial movements and action that, at the end of 7 goddamn spread pages, could've been summed up in one (or one half, even).

I love this manga, if only because I don't think I'll ever get tired of seeing sublime character art, where expressions are meticulously drawn and details about their bodies and attacks are lovingly inked and expertly shadowed, producing a series of images that draw you in and tell massive chunks of story through pictures alone...

......and then having it all supplanted by a crudely-drawn oval with maximum 4 different lines to represent his facial features, that was clearly drawn by some bored 8-year old or a mangaka who has completely given up on life! (See my avatar for perfectly comical example).

I mean, the discrepancy is so blatantly and intentionally bad that it often looks like the main character has been photoshopped into his own manga! 24 chapters in, and it is still horrifically hilariouis!!!

THEY CANCELLED THE REAL PIRATE KINGS OF RAFTEL?!!!

Proud (and confused) subscriber of Shonen Jump Alpha.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirxxx View Post
    The first time I noticed it (besides thinking it was cool), I thought it was part of the joke of this manga. Manga authors love their double pages when they need to make something epic--So why not abuse the crap out of the system to show remedial movements and action that, at the end of 7 goddamn spread pages, could've been summed up in one (or one half, even).
    They are cool, and I usually don't have a problem with them either.
    If I was reading the whole volume at once i would not mind those in the least...
    It's only that I waited for this -next- chapter for quite a while now, and it made this chapter feel extremely short :I
    -people lose hope
    -genos puts his new arms on (looks frikking badass)
    -sees a robot fly by

I love this manga, if only because I don't think I'll ever get tired of seeing sublime character art, where expressions are meticulously drawn and details about their bodies and attacks are lovingly inked and expertly shadowed, producing a series of images that draw you in and tell massive chunks of story through pictures alone...

......and then having it all supplanted by a crudely-drawn oval with maximum 4 different lines to represent his facial features, that was clearly drawn by some bored 8-year old or a mangaka who has completely given up on life! (See my avatar for perfectly comical example).
    Exactly!

I mean, the discrepancy is so blatantly and intentionally bad that it often looks like the main character has been photoshopped into his own manga! 24 chapters in, and it is still horrifically hilariouis!!!
    So true.

Read through the first 12 chapter, but got bored really easily. Its just that everyone (except the main character) takes themselves so seriously, but I know as soon as I see them they are all jokes. Really ruins the mood for me. Love the character design though.
    Aggravate, Anger, and Piss off

This was surprisingly good, I'd rather I'm looking forward for more.

After rereading this I have 1 complement and 1 complaint.

Complement - There wasn't an entire Arc about how Genos became a cyborg, he isn't the MC, I hate reading relevant back-flash chapters about a character who's not the MC, unless the back-flash somehow effect's the MC or current events - and even without a back-flash Arc, Genos's past was very well explained.

Complaint - I get that this artist is great (seriously) but man needs to chill with all the frame by frame action scenes on a comic that releases infrequently (I tried to look up it's release schedule, I found some things saying its in Shonen JUMP for the first few chapters but then it will be monthly, Unless this is a weekly comic (which it could be as good as it is) the creator needs to chill with that drawing style for EVERY fight)
    Last edited by Airicks; 02-17-2013 at 05:32 AM.
    Click to see what RPG personality you are.
    (It's funny because I ALWAYS use a bow if its available in a game lol)

chapter 22.3 or 25

Spoiler!
    Last edited by Flare Blitz; 03-26-2013 at 10:39 AM.