View Poll Results: Rate this chapter!

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • |5| Excellent

    7 50.00%
  • |4| Good

    4 28.57%
  • |3| Average

    1 7.14%
  • |2| Bad

    1 7.14%
  • |1| Terrible

    1 7.14%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Results 51 to 59 of 59
  1. #51
    Senior Member Zero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,942
    Quote Originally Posted by jdblaze85 View Post
    I disagree with the assumption that Ichigo's bankai can be stolen. The bankai's that were stolen thus far are only ones that have had their full potential shown. IE, you couldn't steal yammy's bankai until they saw it's true powers. The problem is, Ichigo loves to go bankai, and use it for it's speed/strength boost but.. to be frank:

    I'm not eve sure Ichigo knows wtf his bankai *really* does, therefore, it cannot be stolen.
    That's not the case, since their bankais were stolen the moment they were invoked. They didn't show anything. Besides Kyouraku said that Hitsugaya's Bankai will become stronger than his in about 100 years, which still doesn't mean that it will be at full potential then. From what we know (from speeches and flashbacks about Sakachibe), a bankai can be improved. It's even possible that in difference to Shinigami, it has no limits, since it was originally a different entity.

    No, we had even seen that a stolen bankai, might be performed in it's weakest or even weaker form than the original user have first invoked it. An example of that was when the Spear Quincy was only able to invoke the very first version of Sakechibe's bankai, what's more, at a weaker state than it was used before on Yamamoto.

    The reason why Ichigo's bankai can't be stolen, is probably because the modern day Quincy techniques (like Oppie's Jail) doesn't work on Quincy. You wouldn't want your subordinates to fight between themselves over bankais, do you (then again switching medals might be possible ;P) ?

    The reason why they didn't steal Yamamoto's bankai before Real Bach appeared, was because they were forbidden from doing it. Bach wanted his bankai for himself, since he was his nemesis and all that. What's more, we already have seen that giving a strong bankai to a weak Quincy, would be a waste of it's power and that Quincy would only be able to unleash a fraction of it's power, like the Spear Quincy.


    At first, I thought that Unohana mastered healing methods to save lives, because she cherished life itself. But now, I think that she might have learned them so that she can keep alive her opponent for awhile longer, prolonging their fun at cutting each other.



  2. #52
    Senior Member paulbee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Fargo, North Dakota USA
    Posts
    6,961
    @ZERO,

    Unohana has only one scar on her body. Obviously then she was never engaged in a cut mi I cut you duel with her past foes. A better hypothesis is that she lost to Yamamoto Genrusai in battle, and as a consequence swore not to use her killing skills again for his sake and per his orders.

    I believe that she may have been a (natural) healer before she was a killer, and that she simply devoted herself to healing. I say this because her shikai has healing properties.

    I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

  3. #53
    Senior Member Zero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,942
    Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    @ZERO,

    Unohana has only one scar on her body. Obviously then she was never engaged in a cut mi I cut you duel with her past foes. A better hypothesis is that she lost to Yamamoto Genrusai in battle, and as a consequence swore not to use her killing skills again for his sake and per his orders.

    I believe that she may have been a (natural) healer before she was a killer, and that she simply devoted herself to healing. I say this because her shikai has healing properties.
    Ah sorry, I meant her fun at cutting others as much as she likes (beside, Kenpachi has only one scar on his body as well). She obviously doesn't like being cut, but she surely likes to cut others out. Her being the biggest villain, killer and etc. shows that much at least.

    Rather, her Zan shows what I mentioned, since they are being healed while being devoured by the beast. The only way for them to be healed is to be eaten by the beast. It represents the contradiction between Unohana's character that we knew and the latest revelations. It shows that she only heals her meals.

    She might have changed for the same reason as Yamamoto. Most likely, she didn't have any comrades before Gotei's creation, but after experiencing war and loss, she might have changed.



  4. #54
    Senior Member paulbee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Fargo, North Dakota USA
    Posts
    6,961
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Ah sorry, I meant her fun at cutting others as much as she likes (beside, Kenpachi has only one scar on his body as well). She obviously doesn't like being cut, but she surely likes to cut others out. Her being the biggest villain, killer and etc. shows that much at least.

    Rather, her Zan shows what I mentioned, since they are being healed while being devoured by the beast. The only way for them to be healed is to be eaten by the beast. It represents the contradiction between Unohana's character that we knew and the latest revelations. It shows that she only heals her meals.

    She might have changed for the same reason as Yamamoto. Most likely, she didn't have any comrades before Gotei's creation, but after experiencing war and loss, she might have changed.
    But, If I properly understand the explanation by Oetsu regarding a Zanpakuto, It's either that Unohana herself has healing inclination within her spirit for her shikai to be able to heal (because her initial Asauchi would have had to have been modified by her innate self, or her Asauchi became something that could be adapted equally for Healing and for Killing.

    If you think about it, The most sinister kind of killer would be someone who also knows intimately well all the workings of the body in other words a healer.

    I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

  5. #55
    Senior Member Anubiz632's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Within The Darkness
    Posts
    870
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    The reason why Ichigo's bankai can't be stolen, is probably because the modern day Quincy techniques (like Oppie's Jail) doesn't work on Quincy.
    Keep in mind that Ichigo had yet to unlock his Quincy heritage at the time of the attempted robbery.
    Asguiaro Ebern was just too weak to obtain it. Remember, Ebern was simply Arrancar fodder & not a Sternritter. Besides a Bankai has nothing to do with Quincy powers. The tech will work on Ichigo all the same.


    Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    At first, I thought that Unohana mastered healing methods to save lives, because she cherished life itself. But now, I think that she might have learned them so that she can keep alive her opponent for awhile longer, prolonging their fun at cutting each other.
    Perhaps Unohana's journey into the medical field is a form of penance for her. After her battle with Zaraki, she may have been gravely injured (hole in the chest...again Kubo?) and nursed back to health by Tenjirō Kirinji. Maybe throughout her recover she pondered over her actions up until that point, then gained a new resolve to appreciate & value life. After reaching this epiphany she could have sought the tutelage of Kirinji as her medical mentor.

    Then again maybe it is as you say. She might have learned medical techniques as a way of prolonging the suffering of her victims (aka her enjoyment)! Strike them down too soon? Oh no! I'll heal them & dissect them again lmao! Bloodthirsty murderers need little to no reason to do crazy shit.
    Last edited by Anubiz632; 01-19-2013 at 04:19 PM.

  6. #56
    Senior Member Zero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,942
    Quote Originally Posted by Anubiz632 View Post
    Keep in mind that Ichigo had yet to unlock his Quincy heritage at the time of the attempted robbery.
    Asguiaro Ebern was just too weak to obtain it. Remember, Ebern was simply Arrancar fodder & not a Sternritter. Besides a Bankai has nothing to do with Quincy powers. The tech will work on Ichigo all the same.
    But his bankai is connected to his Shinigami Core, which is connected with his Quincy Core (it all lies in a bigger core called Spiritual Power). As you can remember, at first it started working, a part of Ichigo's Bankai was in the process of stealing, but then it reached the Quincy Core and it has completely stopped. Of course it didn't activate, but the technique itself could have recognized it nonetheless and aborted the stealing process. If power level was a determinant for stealing bankai, then Oppie, who (after entering Last Mode and absorbing the Hollow-like creature) was far above the Arrancar that was able to at least start the process of stealing, would have been able to steal it completely.



  7. #57
    Senior Member Zero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,942
    Quote Originally Posted by Anubiz632 View Post
    Did Opie even attempt to steal Ichigo's bankai? I honestly can't recall that exchange.
    Yep, he did. He started to absorb a little portion of Ichigo's Getsuga, but then it suddenly stopped and repelled back. That's even less than what that Arrancar managed to achieve (set of pages below):
    Spoiler!


    Besides the Quincy theorized before that they can't steal Ichigo's bankai, which was confirmed by that Arrancar and later reconfirmed by Opie.


    BTW. Doesn't anyone find it strange that Ichigo's clothes that become part of his Bankai can recover, yet the sword itself can't ? I guess the clothes itself seem to be nothing more than a gauge meter for Ichigo's current reiatsu.



  8. #58
    Senior Member Anubiz632's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Within The Darkness
    Posts
    870
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    But his bankai is connected to his Shinigami Core, which is connected with his Quincy Core (it all lies in a bigger core called Spiritual Power). As you can remember, at first it started working, a part of Ichigo's Bankai was in the process of stealing, but then it reached the Quincy Core and it has completely stopped. Of course it didn't activate, but the technique itself could have recognized it nonetheless and aborted the stealing process. If power level was a determinant for stealing bankai, then Oppie, who (after entering Last Mode and absorbing the Hollow-like creature) was far above the Arrancar that was able to at least start the process of stealing, would have been able to steal it completely.
    You make a valid point. I shall think this over

    Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Spoiler!
    You're right. Thanks for the reminder.

  9. #59
    Haterboy michaesikagba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    35
    Really Hoping that Yachiru is Zaraki's zan manifestation. they were probably fighting together against a very strong opponent, got beat so bad they lost their memory. who know's . would be cool, and would also explain why she can withstand zaraki's massive reiatsu.
    Sorry but I'm not interested in weaklings

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •