View Poll Results: Rate this chapter!

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • |5| Excellent

    7 50.00%
  • |4| Good

    4 28.57%
  • |3| Average

    1 7.14%
  • |2| Bad

    1 7.14%
  • |1| Terrible

    1 7.14%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 59
  1. #31
    I'll be waiting, be sure. Yoru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    1,584
    Well....about ichigo getting zangetsu without an asauchi....didn't anyone think that this is exactly why his bankai can't be stolen? It's a thing that makes him all different from the others and this is a feature he shares with kenpachi (the other war potential). Only students at the academy are gien asauchi, but kenpachi already had his sword in shikai when he found yachiru, an back then he was no shinigami nor student.
    I bet there is another, hard way of developing one's zanpakuto.

  2. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    There is just One Problem with the current Asauchi deal. This is not how Ichigo got Zangetsu.
    You are missing a very important point here Paulbee, Urahara's involvement....

    Question: What are those mouth's reminiscent of?
    Answer: As Zero already pointed out. They resemble the accelerated corosion of chains that remain after severing a soul from it's body.

    Question: What was the method for forcing/accelerating the corrosion of the chains?
    Answer: The huge dark, pit.

    Question: What happened to Ichigo and Renji when they started Oetsu's "training"?
    Answer: They fell into a huge dark pit

    The explanation here is simple, Urahara copied and/or modified Oetsu's method of creating Asauchi. The purpouse of the pit was not, to bring out the shinigami powers. It was to "create" Zangetsu, by creating an Asauchi. Urahara "gave" ichigo an Asauchi, and Ichigo fused with it. So he doesn't have a sealed - regular katana - version of the zanpaktou, and thus, has to go Shikai-mode to materialize the sword in the first place.

    It's because he was fused with his Asauchi that Zangetsu now cannot be stolen.

    And he fused with the sword because Urahara actualy improved Oetsu's original method.


    The only person that [arguably] doesn't fit is Zaraki. The rest (Renji, Rukia, Gin...) Were never shown to possess a zanpaktou while still in regular clothes (i.e. non-shinigami). But Zaraki, when first introduced, already had the scar, and even talked about Yachiru, which implies that he was already very powerful at the time. And probably was a shinigami for a long time.... maybe even a villian, but then he lost his memory. And forgot he was a shinigami and started terrorising rukongai.

  3. #33
    Senior Member Yondaime123's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    661
    You all don't get what's gonna happen in the next few chapters,right?
    Take in account what Renji and Ichigo are doing right now with that Oetsu guy. He is explaining how he makes zanpaktous and such.
    Kenpachi doesn't know his zanpaktou's name.
    He is now also in training session with Unahana.
    >Kenpachi using for real a zanpaktou might not be a dream after all.

  4. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by Yondaime123 View Post
    You all don't get what's gonna happen in the next few chapters,right?
    Take in account what Renji and Ichigo are doing right now with that Oetsu guy. He is explaining how he makes zanpaktous and such.
    Kenpachi doesn't know his zanpaktou's name.
    He is now also in training session with Unahana.
    >Kenpachi using for real a zanpaktou might not be a dream after all.
    I disagree, putting aside what i wrote in the post above, the whole idea of the Asauchi is giving Shingami "tofu" that they then fill with "flavours". Creating their own unique weapon, from their own unique self. This means that any Zanpaktou has the potential to be equaly strong, and that it's strenght depends on the shingami's traits.

    Zaraki never has and never will consider his sword anything more than a tool, and his zanpaktou is equaly selfish and sees only it's own power. Furthermore what Oetsu is heavily implying with this ==> (Master, Lover, Teacher, Tool, Pet? It doesn't matter) Is that the only thing that really matters is acknowledging one another. When Ichigo realises that Zangetsu is the source of his power. NOT the other way around. He will master Zangetsu, and Zangetsu will never brake again. But Zaraki would never admit that his sword is the source of his power.

  5. #35
    Senior Member kiduka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,567
    If I'm not mistaken Ichigo had an Asauchi when Rukia lent him her power, it was over sized because he couldn't control his reiatsu. Byakuya broke it and it remained broken even when Ichigo regained his Shinigami power. It's only when he learned the name "Zangetsu" he unlocked his Shikai during the training match with Urahara and after that his Zanpakutou has been in Shikai form ever since.

  6. #36
    Senior Member paulbee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Fargo, North Dakota USA
    Posts
    6,846
    Quote Originally Posted by kiduka View Post
    If I'm not mistaken Ichigo had an Asauchi when Rukia lent him her power, it was over sized because he couldn't control his reiatsu. Byakuya broke it and it remained broken even when Ichigo regained his Shinigami power. It's only when he learned the name "Zangetsu" he unlocked his Shikai during the training match with Urahara and after that his Zanpakutou has been in Shikai form ever since.
    Where did the Asauchi come from, are you saying that Asauchi appear out of thin Air? Because according to the Chapter, Asauchi are given to new Shinigami, not pulled out of their bellies. And if you're saying that Ichigo used Rukia's Zanpakutou as his Asauchi, then how did Rukia get her Zanpakutou back?

    Recall that when Zangetsu appeared, It seems Ichigo pulled it out from his own belly

    I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

  7. #37
    Senior Member Zero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,772
    Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    Where did the Asauchi come from, are you saying that Asauchi appear out of thin Air? Because according to the Chapter, Asauchi are given to new Shinigami, not pulled out of their bellies. And if you're saying that Ichigo used Rukia's Zanpakutou as his Asauchi, then how did Rukia get her Zanpakutou back?

    Recall that when Zangetsu appeared, It seems Ichigo pulled it out from his own belly
    I think it's more that by looking at a blank sheet, they create a story within themselves, rather than writing and leaving it only on the paper sheet. When they want to show it, only then they write it on the paper and it doesn't matter if that blank sheet is someone's else.

    Asauchi is the strongest, because it can become anything. Every Shinigami obtains it at academy, or some other way (finds it, is given it by someone else etc.). In Ichigo's case, Rukia gave him her Asauchi along with her powers, at that point her Shikai was already inside her Shinigami Core (which seems to be as sturdy as Ichigo's since it didn't disappear even when she lost her powers).

    When Ichigo's sword broke and Byakuya cut out his power, the sword being linked to Ichigo's Shinigami Core (the same as his Shinigami clothes, lol ) have simply went inside the core. The moment he regained the link between his soul and Shinigami Core, the Asauchi was naturally there as well, since that's were it was left.

    The reason why it seemed that Ichigo pulled his Zan from his belly, is because the life/soul link lies around there, from what I remember . Since it links the over all soul with Shinigami core, it's quite logical that the Zan and Shinigami clothes were transfered through it.

    In short, Ichigo wouldn't have pulled that sword, if he hadn't obtained it beforehand, through external methods.



  8. #38
    Senior Member kiduka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,567
    Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    Where did the Asauchi come from, are you saying that Asauchi appear out of thin Air? Because according to the Chapter, Asauchi are given to new Shinigami, not pulled out of their bellies. And if you're saying that Ichigo used Rukia's Zanpakutou as his Asauchi, then how did Rukia get her Zanpakutou back?

    Recall that when Zangetsu appeared, It seems Ichigo pulled it out from his own belly
    He pulled it out from that box in his inner world:

    Spoiler!

  9. #39
    Senior Member Anubiz632's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Within The Darkness
    Posts
    862
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellowcardus View Post
    Spoiler!
    This may be plausible but if this turns out to be true, what does this say about Urahara? The guy just stole all of the Zero Squad techniques? Why, & for what end game? Where's the lasting originality for Urahara's character? Hell even the Hōgyoku resembles the Spirit King to an extent. Next we'll discover that Urahara ripped off Senjumaru Shutara (female Nnoitra) in creating the Keikaigi/Garganta!

    Anyways, Ichigo's bankai can certainly be stolen. You simply need a strong enough theif i.e. Juha Bach.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Spoiler!
    How would this apply to Toshiro Hitsugaya? His Zanpakuto/Powers stalked him in his dreams like Freddy Krugger lol.
    Last edited by Anubiz632; 01-17-2013 at 07:27 PM.

  10. #40
    Senior Member King Of Soul Society's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    london
    Posts
    587
    I'm upset that one of them has to die I don't like the idea of that and it's a waste of another soul society asset, she hasn't been able to show us what she's capable and because zaraki is a fan favourite he is destined to survive the forth coming onslaught despite I feel that yachiru is more of what ss needs someone who can keep a level head and still be able to kill no matter what zaraki learns it will never change he's approach he'll always be a war hungry beast not saying that I don't like him would prefer if he could be taught with neither of them dying

    He Who Speaks Without An Attentive Ear Is Mute.

    Originally Posted by halaros536
    shut up you weakling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you are just angry because i didnt let you became my SERVANT!!!!!! but icould not accept that because you are too weak to be my servant sorry

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •