1 33.33%
  • l2l Bad

0 0%
  • l1l Terrible

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Senior Member StrawberryLulzJam's Avatar
    ^ Agreed!
    I see the start of an addiction! Oh boy, this is gonna be a good one.

Hmmmmmm, only two approvals eh ? A support like that isn't worth the work .

Well anyway, after rereading a few chapters, I have realized who this person behind the door is:
    Spoiler!

By his clothes alone (and what he does) I should have known it from the beginning, it's Bookman (or his son/Levi's father). This means that the Noah that are questioning Bookman will now probably gain the same or some of the information that Allen will gain from his dreams.

This as well means that the one standing on the bed, might have been Earl himself, since it would fit with his current body's age as well. Not to mention that Mana and Earl are similar looking.

Looking at the author's other works, it might turn out that the dark matter, innocence and the like might be simply alien technology and Gods being simply aliens.

Here is a little something for everyone, for it to be completed someone would need to reread the whole series (novels included);P:
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by Zero; 02-01-2013 at 02:16 PM.

Hats off to you Zero, I'm so glad you skipped all the boring parts. (99% of all chapters imo)
    But wait. Has it really only been around 2 years since he joined? So he's what? 16?! <-thought he was older for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryLulzJam View Post
    Hats off to you Zero, I'm so glad you skipped all the boring parts. (99% of all chapters imo)
    But wait. Has it really only been around 2 years since he joined? So he's what? 16?! <-thought he was older for some reason.
    Technically, he is way over 35 years old, he is at least 50 years old, assuming that he was only 15 years when he last met Nea (he seems older at that time thought). He seemed to be around 16-20 years old when he last met Nea, while 30 years later, he looked like a 10 year boy when he met Mana. He started aging again only after Mana in Akuma form had cursed him. It's not known how fast, or even why he become a kid, nor it is know if he would end up like Benjamin Button (disappearing completely). I guess this means that he looks like 15-16 year boy now.

It's probably thanks to his immortality ability that Allen, even thought a parasite type (Komui mentioned that those types are rare and have short lifespan) is still alive. Then again, we don't know when he acquired the innocence, although Nea seemed to be surprised by the fact that Allen has it, so I guess he didn't have it 35 years ago.
    Last edited by Zero; 02-01-2013 at 03:19 AM.

Oh I already know all that, but we've yet to find out if he's going younger to older and back to younger or just spontaneously getting younger and then re-growing. I don't think he was getting younger between meeting mana and mana's death though...maybe frozen in time but not shrinking :/

But what I mean is the current him looks 18 or 19. Just grow his hair a little longer and he looks the exact same as he did in the memories with nea.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryLulzJam View Post
    Oh I already know all that, but we've yet to find out if he's going younger to older and back to younger or just spontaneously getting younger and then re-growing. I don't think he was getting younger between meeting mana and mana's death though...maybe frozen in time but not shrinking :/

But what I mean is the current him looks 18 or 19. Just grow his hair a little longer and he looks the exact same as he did in the memories with nea.
    I'm not sure, because Hoshino's style have changed, but Allen seemed older when he first met Mana, but younger when he killed his Akuma form (it might be because of his messy hair at the time he met him).

No, Allen for sure isn't looking like an 18 or 19 years old. Tykki Mikk looks like that and he calls Allen a boy. Allen looks like a 16-17 year old kid. If we assume that the moment he was cursed by Mana, he looked like a 10-12 year old, then this means that he has grown naturally since that time. This would make sense, seeing as around 5 years have passed since that time.

In a way, Kanda is much older than he looks as well. It's even possible that they might have met in the past, for example, what if it was Allen that killed Kanda previously ? This would explain why Kanda was always trying to kill him :p.

Allen's existence is still a mystery. The 14th was only close to Noah and Campbell family (Mana included) as well as the Bookmans. It was quite strange that no one knew who Allen was then, or rather, was it even his real name ? Cross mentioned that when he first met Allen he was named differently (was that 14th speaking then ? Can't remember well ;P). Allen himself had a red hair and his name doesn't seem to be real, plus he was connected to the 14th as a human... this, might imply that he might have belonged to the Bookman family and that he might be the current Bookman's son, that everyone believes to be dead (he would by over 50 by now if he was alive). Now that would be fun, don't you agree ?
    Last edited by Zero; 02-01-2013 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Allen's existence is still a mystery. The 14th was only close to Noah and Campbell family (Mana included) as well as the Bookmans. It was quite strange that no one knew who Allen was then, or rather, was it even his real name ? Cross mentioned that when he first met Allen he was named differently (was that 14th speaking then ? Can't remember well ;P). Allen himself had a red hair and his name doesn't seem to be real, plus he was connected to the 14th as a human... this, might imply that he might have belonged to the Bookman family and that he might be the current Bookman's son, that everyone believes to be dead (he would by over 50 by now if he was alive). Now that would be fun, don't you agree ?
    Well, besides having Red hair I'm pretty sure it was said multiple times that Allen was actually known as 'Red' until Mana confused his name with a dog. That being said. Something's been bothering me for some time now. Cross clearly said to Allen that when he turned into a Noah he'd have to kill someone he loved. But the only person Nea's focused on killing is the Earl....

Now bear with me for a bit...what if and I mean WHAT IF, Mana isn't really dead. And here's the big one..what if he's the Millennium Earl?

DON'T SHOOT ME I HAVE REASONS TO THINK SO!

Mana was technically 'mad' correct? And the 'Earl' blames Mana for the death of Nea & Mana's mother. Now, why on earth would the Earl be so darn attached to someone else's mother when we know he's not their dad or anything (uncle maybe). What if Mana had 'gone mad' and his madness portrays him as the Earl? It's a crazy thought I know. But I've been re-reading all the chapters and something strikes me as odd. The 'Don't stop. Keep Walking..' phrase.

Nea's last words to Mana were exactly those. And Mana passed them on to Allen before he allegedly died. Now go through the chapters, THE EARL SAYS THOSE EXACT SAME WORDS. He explicitly states that he 'must keep moving forward. can't stop'. Although that doesn't quite answer why Allen is young again (I'll go back to this point later), it does give an excellent explanation for why the Earl so badly wants to be near the 14th. Mana loved Nea. We know that.

Now, another question you might want to scream in my face: "Allen brought Mana back as an Akuma, Straw! Wth are you thinking? The earl was there! "

But I can still argue for my point. Noah all have 'double' selves correct? The human, and the Noah. What if the 'Mana' that Allen recalled from the dead was simply Mana's human side? The Earl is the Noah, and it would make sense that through his madness he wouldn't recognize himself. Mana is crazy. and so is the Earl. It makes sense. (In my head anyway).

I've had a D.gray-man craze for the past little while so I did some wiki-searching. It was said that the name of the show referred to 'Allen's state'. Now, when I personally think D. Gray, I think of Dorian Gray, the story of the man who never grows old. Do you think maybe there was some inspiration here for Hoshino? We can take gray to mean 2 things : The 'grey' man who never grows old. What if that's what Allen is. An existence, not quite human, who grows for a while and then 'resets' or something only to repeat the cycle? Think about how he offered himself to Nea. "No matter how many lifetimes it takes, use me." HE KNOWS HE CAN KEEP COMING BACK.
    Just saying...there might be something there. :3

I've been playing around with this idea for months, and the more I analyzed, the more it made sense. An excellent finale no? Two twins, both of whose personalities are taken over by another's, fighting for the position of Millennium Earl. It also explains why Nea feels so strongly that he deserves to be Millennium Earl. I don't see any of the other Noah (NOT EVEN SHERRYL) competing for this position. Because they know they're not at the same level as the 1st apostle. They know they don't have the right or power to do so. So why Nea?

And while the anime states that Mana died in an accident, the manga never mentioned anything about his death. <-- another suspicious point.

We also can't ignore all the times that the Earl and Allen seem to be in sync with each other. ...Like say, twin brothers would be?
    see what I did thur?
    Anyway, I need to know I'm not crazy because of all the waiting, so I'd like to hear people's thoughts about this. Are my suspicions warranted?
    Is Hoshino a bloody genius? XD

***EDIT: Forgive me for all the spelling/grammar mistakes I noticed upon re-reading. I was going through a stream of consciousness and didn't pay much attention to grammar. woopsies!

***EDIT 2: I have this fantastic scene stuck in my head. That maybe one day there's this grand fight between Allen and the Earl and at some point, the Earl's fat suit falls off (or something), and Allen stops dead in his tracks, eyes wide open at seeing Mana. Best cliffhanger evarr. XD Would be so darn cool haha!
    Last edited by StrawberryLulzJam; 02-22-2013 at 08:18 PM.

It is quite possible that Hoshino had inspiration from the character Dorian Gray and they do share some similarities, but I'm not sure that Allen knew about his immortality ability, even Nea didn't, which would be strange for him not to know (he entrusted Allen with Noah's greatest treasure, their memories, he wouldn't do that if he only barely knew him).

Still, if you are right, then it's possible that Allen was the one that defeated the Earl 7000 years ago, but that would imply that he survived the flood, which only Noah's disciple supposedly survived.

The Noah's memory literally overrides someone's else personality, there are no traces of the old personality left then (of course they still held the memories of how that previous personality acted and then they can simulate it, in order to stay covered).

The thing is, even if the personality is overridden, the soul probably still stays within the body until it dies. Unfortunately there is no mention of what happens with the host's soul.

If you ask me, Earl is rather the 3rd brother, because we see Road protecting Nea's and Mana's mother from a Noah that looks like Nea (other possibility is that it was Tykki Mikk since Allen mistook Nea for him once, but since he died and the memory was corrupted, he doesn't remember that). It's quite possible that the Noah memory awakens within those that are the closest to their original DNA, which would make them quite similar with their original appearance. Otherwise, the fact that Tykki looks like Nea, might suggest that he is Nea's descendant, or at least someone from the Campbell family (I wonder what that "D." means when they mention Mana's full name as Mana D. Campbell).

I think that it was mentioned that it was Earl's doing that Mana died and that it only seemed like an accident (perhaps in the novels ? IIRC There is even one scene were Earl finds Mana in circus or something).

It is worth mentioning that Mana, at the time of being a clown and Allen's parent, did look very similar to how Earl looks today and seemed to have a Noah's Golden Eye (it seems to be the source of the curse that made Allen capable of seeing souls, it is likely that some of Mana's memories were passed to Allen then as well).

IIRC some Noah mentioned that there were only 12 disciples (if you count the twin Noah that can fuse as one), including Earl (the clock seems to symbolize their numbers as well). This might actually suggest that the Earl might have been split apart for some reason, thus creating a conflict between the current Earl and the one in Nea (he might have been in control as human of Noah's powers actually). This would explain why Nea could have become Earl, while Earl already existed. Not to mention that Earl is using Nea's swords, or perhaps Nea previously used Earl's sword ?

EDITED******
    I feel so alone on these forums :( *supersadfacetime*

Anyway, I went back and read all the reverse novels, and I stand by my previous theory even more strongly now. OMG guys the picturesss the picturessssss!!

ORIGINAL:

I've always wondered about Tykki's involvement. IIRC, even Wisely mentioned how similar Tykki looks to the 14th - only to be quickly silenced by Road. But then there's too much going on here. A 3rd brother whose name never came up in the past? And a descendant whose existence is being kept secret even from himself? I don't think Nea is the Earl's split personality, otherwise he wouldn't have existed as a child as well (unless it was all a big memory fabrication).

UNLESS the Earl himself is merely a Noah ability that was being shared by both Nea and Mana. (almost like Bondomu). This would also satisfy the 12 disciples idea, wouldn't it?

I went back to the first scene of Nea's awakening, and you're right, he is taken aback by Allen being younger. But not at all by the fact that Allen's there to begin with. In fact, he found it odd that Allen didn't remember him. What if, similarily to Dorian Gray, he simply doesn't age. Or get younger. I don't think it makes much sense for Nea to agree to use Allen if he thought that the next time he woke up in Allen, there was a chance he'd be an old man.

As for Mana's death, I just obtained copies of the novels, and started reading them yesterday, so if this comes up I'll let you know exactly what they say regarding Mana's death. It's still suspicious to me that if the Earl killed Mana, he wouldn't 'recognize' hiim when Allen tried to bring him back. He's not in his right mind at all. And I feel like the only way we'll start to get some answers is if Allen has a chance to show us what it is that he remembered at the end. OR, if bookman decides to explain what he'd seen- if that is indeed him in the doorway in the flashback, which I admit might very well be the case.

The existence of a third brother, though it explains other things, still doesn't clarify who it is that Allen loves and will have to kill upon turning into the 14th. Remember, that phrase was spoken to Allen, not Nea. If it's a third brother, then it's likely Allen's never known of him before at all. So then who is this person that he loves?

Another thing, I've always felt that the Earl's feelings toward Nea could be summarized with chiildhood jealousy. He seems to have found it unfair that he couldn't be with Nea as much as he wanted. Again, this feeling would be very common with twin brothers who have to be apart often because one is often sick (and we do know Mana was very often away/asleep due to illness).

Now as for Road protecting Mana and Nea's mother, couldn't that figure be Nea himself? And the scene can be interpreted very differently. It could be Nea discovering that the mother was already hurt (by someone else?) and that's his anger at the perpetrator that we see in his eyes. Because if that was really 35 years ago, and Tykki really is Nea's descendant as you say, then that couldn't have possibly been Tykki in that scene.

If only Hoshino would clarify, at least the point about a host's soul, then we can maybe start to make sense of things. Let's not forget Alma. His/her soul was still intact right up until the end. Despite being transformed to another body and then again to an Akuma. So it does seem the host soul stays inside no matter what. Which is why I considered the idea of Mana's human side(soul) being brought forth and the Akuma (Earl) still being able to function.
    Last edited by StrawberryLulzJam; 02-28-2013 at 02:05 AM.

Was the Last DGM really in February?

No, I just checked seems it came out at the end of December 2012, LOL DGM!

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !