• l2l Bad

0 0%
  • l1l Terrible

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

D.Gray-Man 218 Discussion / 219 Predictions

Chapter is out! http://mangastream.com/read/dgrayman/90685737/1

This chapter should've been longer.

Manga reading list: Bleach, Naruto, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, One Piece, Code Breaker, Gamaran, Kuroko No Basket, Fairy Tail, The World God Only Knows, Kimi No Iru Machi, Good Ending, Medaka Box, Nisekoi, D.Gray-Man, Ao No Exorcist, Freezing, Magi - Labyrinth of Magic, Soul Eater, Rosario Vampire Season II, Iris Zero, Ubell Blatt, Bloody Cross, Sun-Ken Rock, and Infinite Stratos,

This chapter should have been more normal...

Nea killed his own mother ? Or was that Tikki (they supposedly look almost the same) ?

Mana was Nea's brother, right ?

Earl in human form has light hair, or it's his previous incarnation. His human name is most likely, Cyrus.

Looks like Road was on 14th's side.

Is that tree special ? Was the wood piece that destroyed Tim Campy, a part of it ? Their mother called the Tree "Cornelia":
    Spoiler!

We still don't know who Allen is, why he has forgotten about Nea, why he became younger (it was suggested that it was Innocence's doing) and the like.

Senior Member StrawberryLulzJam's Avatar
    As much as this sudden update blew me away and left me soo happy, I didn't understand a thing! Too many different images packed into one and nowhere near enough comprehensible dialogue to understand what the heck happened! Now let's hope the next one does in fact come in february. Each update seems to bring up more questions these days :(
    I see the start of an addiction! Oh boy, this is gonna be a good one.

^I'd like that, but they said it would come back in march. You must be quite an optimist.
    I hope everything will be explained and revealed in the final chapters. Like in pandora hearts.
    ---------
    ...You Know?..

I hope they are not suddenly going to Make the Millenium Earl a "VICTIM".

Oh, Poor, Poor Earl. He was only turning people into Akumas because his heart was broken. It wasn't his fault, the evil black order made him do it......

Man I hate Manga revisionism.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post

Oh, Poor, Poor Earl. He was only turning people into Akumas because his heart was broken. It wasn't his fault, the evil black order made him do it......

It might not be so far away from the truth. It seems to me that Earl lost hope in humanity and God (he found a new one it seems) and is trying to create a new race, but for that he still needs souls. He uses human souls but we can see that they are morphed more and more with each level the Akuma achieves. The 4th level is so twisted that looking at their souls made Allen puke, so the next level might be completely cleansed of humanity and God's will.

Then, there is the question if the Millennium Earl is the real Millennium Earl. We already know that the sword that Earl uses isn't his but Nea's, yet when Allen pulls out a reverse of it, Earl mentions in shock "my sword ?!". Later on, Nea himself mentions that his goal is to become Millennium Earl at some point in the alma arc. Not to mention that most, if not all of the tools that Earl created, are only copies or alterations of what Nea made himself (like the ark). Add to it that the current Earl is somewhat crazy and it might turn out that he unconsciously mimics the real Earl without knowing, especially seeing the way he refers and goes crazy at mere thought or sight of Nea. Do not forget that all of the other Noah's memories (beside Earl and Road) were corrupted, so there might be some inconsistencies in what they remember.

I'm not even sure what Apocryphos or the Heart had in mind, by erasing Allen's memories, giving him innocent and making him younger/giving him immortality ability, even thought they should know that the he was a host to 14th... unless, he obtained that immortality ability through different means and since he couldn't be killed, they erased his memories and inserted innocence into him to subdue 14th's memories, to later be able to absorb him and seal those memories eternally...

The fact that we see Mana holding unconscious or dead Nea (it seems that way) in the flashback, suggests that Nea's mind was already transfered to Allen before they (Earl and Mana) found him... or I just don't know anymore :p. Then again, even Mana, became crazy as well (why wasn't he killed by Earl at the spot ?), so his and Earl's memories might have crazy alteration added to them :p.

I'm not sure if any of you remember, but there was a time when we all believed that it was Mana (Nea's twin brother) that passed Nea's consciousness to Allen, because rationally speaking, Allen was too young to be alive at Nea's time (it was 35 years ago counting it from the current time in the manga), yet not long ago, it was revealed that Allen was in fact much older than he seems. It's probably Apocryphos doing that he lost his memories, along with the immortality ability. In fact, it seems like Allen would eventual revert to non-existence, if it wasn't for Mana's curse that somehow blocked this ability and allowed Allen to age again.

Now the twisted part. Allen would be about 60 years old (or less) normally, or even more, since his face as an adult is covered by his hair. This means that he could have children. But since his memories were erased and he began to age backwards, it means that his children/child could have been orphaned because of this. Now, we have Link, who was originally an orphan, yet Leveelier mentions that he is vital in saving Allen/14th. Then, Master Zuu mentions that he tired to save him but turned him into the 14th... in short, if Allen had children after obtaining Nea's mind and if it was Link (the name itself might have been the key ), it's possible that he has indeed become a back up for the 14th's memories.

Senior Member StrawberryLulzJam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    I'm not even sure what Apocryphos or the Heart had in mind, by erasing Allen's memories, giving him innocent and making him younger/giving him immortality ability, even thought they should know that the he was a host to 14th... unless, he obtained that immortality ability through different means and since he couldn't be killed, they erased his memories and inserted innocence into him to subdue 14th's memories, to later be able to absorb him and seal those memories eternally...

The fact that we see Mana holding unconscious or dead Nea (it seems that way) in the flashback, suggests that Nea's mind was already transfered to Allen before they (Earl and Mana) found him... or I just don't know anymore :p. Then again, even Mana, became crazy as well (why wasn't he killed by Earl at the spot ?), so his and Earl's memories might have crazy alteration added to them :p.
    Zero, you're a frikkin genius! Just thought you should know :p

But there is one thing you mentioned, on it perhaps being Apocryphos that made Allen young again. But remember there was a chapter where we saw Allen talking to a beat up Neah, and he was telling him that he would do whatever was necessary, for as long as it took, to help Neah? What if Allen did that to himself?! What if he also had some sort of ability and the only downfall of the plan was that Allen didn't remember? Neah wasn't surprised to be in Allen, but he did wonder why Allen didn't remember him...so I think Allen planned the whole thing but somewhere along the way, his plan failed and as you said the apocryphos got rid of his memory and gave him the innocence.

All your other ideas actually make so much sense it scares me. I mean the Link idea, so farfetched seeming at first but if Hoshino is that much of a genius, then..just..wow. I would LOVE that!

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post

Paulbee, why do I have a feeling you're going to be right on this? First signs: His being all sick and crying. The signs have been there all along. We're supposed to feel sad for him right around now..I think.

Quote Originally Posted by playerhm View Post
    ^I'd like that, but they said it would come back in march.
    I'm pretty sure they said march issue, which if i'm not mistaken comes out february, and so on.. :/

WaIITTT question: Why on earth didn't Link interfere in that last fight with the Earl? I would have thought he'd protect his buddy and perhaps even *dad* if Zero's anywhere near right Instead, Allen's off dealing with it on his own. No fair Hoshino. No fair. And isn't anyone else dying to know what he remembered?!
    Last edited by StrawberryLulzJam; 01-04-2013 at 03:31 AM.
    I see the start of an addiction! Oh boy, this is gonna be a good one.

For what it's worth, I have been really lost out on understanding this series. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Arbitrary View Post
    For what it's worth, I have been really lost out on understanding this series. :(
    Well, I believe a timeline like the one POW made in Naruto section would have been helpful to many readers of this series. Perhaps someone with too much free time and will on their hands could make it...