• So So

5 45.45%
  • Bad

0 0%
  • Terrible

0 0%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Konjiki Ashisogi Jizō Daemon Spade's Avatar
    inbetween Matsumoto's ______! Dont, judge me!
    I'll start by saying I love Bleach as a manga. I've been a fan since day one. Now, my thoughts on the chapter

There were a lot of pages that didnt need to be drawn. I'm talking page after page I thought to my self, "why is this page even here?".

Like someone else said< I think I over-hyped myself up about this chapter. Also, I couldnt wait to read the chapter the day after christmas...my manga christmas present. So I was as disappointed by the lack in progression as a 12 year old would be with receiving underware for a present.

With that being said, its looking good for next chapter with them having to survive disgruntled zanpaktou's. However, I hate the fact that I have to wait two weeks to get it. Damnit, I was looking forward to ringing in the new year with a fresh chapter....
    FOOLS!!!!!

Favorite Manga/Anime Characters
    Naruto, Orochimaru, Jariya, Itachi, Ichigo, Mayuri, Kenpachi, Mugen, Vash the Stampede, "L", Edward Elric, Reborn, Rokudo Mukuro, Black Star, Dr. Fraken Stein, Death the Kid

Okay, well the Mangatream version was a lot more readable.

Cons:

1) I am getting tired of complaining about Kubo's meaningless waste of pages.
    2) Why can't there be people who say/do what they have to, without a lot of noisy pointless cackling?

Pros:

1) From here on, things get real. We'll find out more about the true nature of ZANPAKUTO'S

Thoughts:

I wonder if Yamamoto Genryusai's Zanpakuto was also made by this guy?

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

MANGASTREAM VERSION

Let's see if Zabimaru and Zangetsu are in that pit with the rest of those zanpakuto. And hey if I were Nimaiya I would surround myself with girl zanpakuto too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaiden View Post
    And hey if I were Nimaiya I would surround myself with girl zanpakuto too.
    Oh yeah, definitely a good call on that one! I was laughing: Silly Ichigo, this isn't One Piece. The women are women, here.

So I was about to give Kubo props on not making Nimaiya some kind of stereotype because he appears to be Black (The less we say about "Voodoo is my power" Espada 8 and "Big Angry Black guy growing bigger and angrier" Espada 0, the better).

Then I read the T/N in Mangastream's release, and had to facepalm myself. Granted it's not as bad as straight rapping (>_> Kishi, >_>), but he could've been made to talk like everyone else. Oh well; nits and so forth.

THEY CANCELLED THE REAL PIRATE KINGS OF RAFTEL?!!!

Proud (and confused) subscriber of Shonen Jump Alpha.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirxxx View Post
    Oh yeah, definitely a good call on that one! I was laughing: Silly Ichigo, this isn't One Piece. The women are women, here.

So I was about to give Kubo props on not making Nimaiya some kind of stereotype because he appears to be Black (The less we say about "Voodoo is my power" Espada 8 and "Big Angry Black guy growing bigger and angrier" Espada 0, the better).

Then I read the T/N in Mangastream's release, and had to facepalm myself. Granted it's not as bad as straight rapping (>_> Kishi, >_>), but he could've been made to talk like everyone else. Oh well; nits and so forth.
    I agree, somehow I don't think the Japanese manga and anime types read the memo on the ills of Stereotyping people, and the existence of Black Intellectuals

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    I agree, somehow I don't think the Japanese manga and anime types read the memo on the ills of Stereotyping people, and the existence of Black Intellectuals
    Well, Tousen seemed like a smart person, though he was blind in exchange for that...

Anyway, it's time for some action now .

I have to wonder, that perhaps KON might get a woman Zan, since you know, they are kindred souls .

That Sword God sure is powerful. I mean, incarnating even one Zan's Spirit seems like a hard and tiresome thing to do (that's why it takes so long to obtain bankai), yet he constantly has dozens of them around and in his basement.

So, KON was left with them so that Urahara might speak to SK directly or what ? It seems like SZ have some forms of communication with SS, so what is KON doing there ? Or is Urahara skeptical about them releasing/allowing Ichigo to return ?

Am I the only one who doesen't like the whole idea of this guy creating all zanpakutos?
    I was always convinced the zanpakuto were a piece of the shinigami's soul that manifested themselves after the training at the soul reapers academy. I thought the spirits of the zan's were born from the shinigami himself and represented a piece of his personality/character...
    I'd be ok if that black guy discovered the way to communicate with one's spirit, but to create them? SOmethin doesen't feel right here...zanpakutos are pieces of souls in the form of swords, not objects you can create.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoru View Post
    Am I the only one who doesen't like the whole idea of this guy creating all zanpakutos?
    I was always convinced the zanpakuto were a piece of the shinigami's soul that manifested themselves after the training at the soul reapers academy. I thought the spirits of the zan's were born from the shinigami himself and represented a piece of his personality/character...
    I'd be ok if that black guy discovered the way to communicate with one's spirit, but to create them? SOmethin doesen't feel right here...zanpakutos are pieces of souls in the form of swords, not objects you can create.
    I think that he made the Sword, in which the Zan's Soul is put into, which allows to manifest it's powers. That's why he is called the Creator of the Soul Cutter, the Sword God. Basically, it's possible that before he invented the Zanpakutou, the Shinigami simply manifested their Zan's Spirit to fight alongside them. That's actually what Yumichika is using as his strongest attack, since he hasn't obtained his bankai yet.

In a way, putting the Zan's spirit into a Zanpakutou, is much more effective, since you can display it's power, without having to waste energy on manifesting it and what's more, you can achieve bankai thanks to it... at least we only saw Zan's Spirits manifested only in their Shikai version.

The Zan's Spirit power core is separated from the Shinigami's power core (thought there is a connection between them), that's why both of them can produce energy independently, which might result in diminishing each other'ss power (like in Zaraki's example at the beginning of the series), or even being crushed by your own sword's spirit pressure (like Ichigo at his final fight with Byakuya).

I'm noticing a pattern with each of the palaces so far. The first had them lounging in a bath. The second had them gorging on food. Now the third has them facing off against angry zanpakutou? Sloth, gluttony, wrath... See what I mean?

As for creating the zanpakutou, what if he was the one to first create the concept of them? The technique for taking a portion of your soul and materializing it. I mean, they could have just been relying on kido and regular weapons before.

I'm still waiting, trying to make some sense out of this. The Zanpakuto is for sure a portion of the Shinigami's spirit, so in what sense did Namiya Ohestsu invent Zanpakutos?

He may have discovered or created a technique to materialize a Zan, or he did something to SS itself which changed/affected every Shinigami from then onward, so that if they have sufficiently high Reiatsu they be able to form a Zanpakuto inside them.

I'll be interested to see how Kubo reconciles all of this.