• So So

3 13.64%
  • Bad

1 4.55%
  • Terrible

0 0%
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Shiniobi of the Kage Clan odramek's Avatar
    I am fascinated by Obito's fascination/ hatred (can't tel which it is) of Naruto. Was he really sincere with reaching out to Naruto?

Obito, in spite of himself can't help but be interested in Naruto's reaction. Obito was once an Uchiha version of Naruto who has now gone against everything he ever believed in, and the only way he justifies this is that he tells himself that there is no Justice in the world, and that the world fundamentally is always going to lead to loss, pain, betrayal, and death. With this belief as a mantra, he can Justify to himself any degree, any level of depraved behavior as long as it is for the sake of remaking the world into an Idealized one that lacks and eliminates the flaws he thinks are inherent to this world.

Obito tells himself that he (Obito) is Just and righteous because he is working for the eventual good of everybody, AND he believes that his actions are inevitable and inescapable to anyone who has seen and experienced the reality of this world the same way that he has seen and experienced it.

If Naruto were to see the same things/evils, enduring the same things, and yet come to a different conclusion, perhaps even be able to overcome those same pains and evils of the world and change the world for better, then it would mean that Obito's conclusions were not inescapable, that the world is not hopeless, and that all of Obito's actions were unnecessary or even meaningless and il-conceived/delusional, and that Obito himself was weak and blaming the world for his own inability to endure and to make things better by his own hands.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Quote Originally Posted by odramek View Post
    I am fascinated by Obito's fascination/ hatred (can't tel which it is) of Naruto. Was he really sincere with reaching out to Naruto?
    Probably (Madara did mention that it was important for Obito). I'm actually more interested in Madara's and Obito's seemingly irresistible need to save the world. If they were more egoistic, they would make a mini version of their plan and simply put only themselves inside their perfect world, without any care for the rest of the world. I mean sure, I can see why Obito would like to forcefully share it with everyone else, since he believes that everyone will eventually meet the same fate as his, but Madara ? Somehow I doubt that. It seems more like Madara's plan is to have total, God-like control in that new world and is lying to Obito.

Then again, even Madara mentioned that he was once exactly like Obito is now, so maybe he really wants the same thing ?

Yes, but all the shinobi killed in this battlefield will not be meted obito's justice. Only those still living may participate in the illusion of dead loved ones once again living beside them. If the entire shinobi world is allied against them and dying in droves to prevent that justice, then whatever conversation obito has with naruto and perhaps even kakashi is the only reason to even be near any other humans. The logic of the conflict is that all shinobi will die except those that eventually lose hope or grow too tired to resist. It eludes any sense and sanity enough that enforcement can't be called justice at all. If acknowledged it's an illusion, why not get on with it and leave everybody else alone and juubi wouldn't be needed as hashirama splicing and rinnegan is more than enough for them and perhaps a small village sized group of fools to accompany into the dream world. To kill shinobi outright without any prior movement of persuasion, i repeat, moon's eye plan was initiated in force to the majority of the world without any prior effort or preparation to persuade people into the plan.. it's bonkers and madara must be at least as lame as obito or moreso as he accepts and condones the gravity of casualties so far occurred that undermines their right to use terms, "justice", "peace", "comrade", and even, "world".

With the power of the juubi madara should just force himself and obito into their fake world and give everyone else a break. There is no reason or motivation to carry things out in this way as it doesn't feed madara's ego nor does it uphold obito's misplaced ideals. What obito is actually doing is acknowledging naruto more than anybody else ever has and wasting time doing it.

@zero
    So madara was meaning literally his "old" self, physically aged and spent. Kishi is clever because madara has not undergone any character change since we learned of his legend pre time skip. I get the joke now :0 madara is a comedian!
    _____
    Obito is Tobirama's great grandson. The proof is in the pudding.

I like Hinata's reaction to Naruto's Kyuubi chakra surrounding her.

Great chapter

The Jyuubi is indeed wrapped in is tails has can be proved in the last panel of that page, the tails are protecting its body and not wavering behind it.

Spoiler!

Loved the way the Kyuubi shouts to naruto that he is there aswell, a total different Kurama that isn't only consumed with hate.

Killerbee and Hachibi's action is a good change in the "moves" that we have seen from the alliance, a good old frontal attack in the form of a biju bomb at point black to counter the bomb of the Jyuubi, witch at the same time is a great strategy.
    I just don't understand how Kishi made the Juuby get up so quickly after his "internals" got blow by is own (more powerful) bomb plus Bee's.

Obito in my opinion is trying to justify his actions along the years, convincing others but also himself that he is right in the choices he made in his life, and the ultimate way to cement that idea, is to make naruto crack and loose hope just like he did so many years ago.

I think that Shikaku's plan involves Naruto/Kurama to give some power to the Ino–Shika–Cho so that they can immobilize the Jyuubi in order for Hyūga (now more probably Hinata) to attach its chakra system, this of course if the Jyuubi has any of that.

For the love part, i personally prefer Sakura over Hinata, maybe because the first in a main character and we have "seen" more of her, but "love" is a 2 way thing, so and even now, what we know for a fact is that, Hinata loves Naruto, but Naruto loves Sakura, and Sakura loves Sasuke.
    Also, Naruto is like Jiraiya, both love women that don't love them, that are only good friends and confident's, but just like Jiraiya didn't had nobody else, because is heart was rendered to Tsunade, Naruto's heart belongs to Sakura.
    The fact that Naruto is holding Hinata's hand is due to the fact that he doesn't want to lose anyone else of his friends, i think he will probably bring all of them inside Kurama's cloack to protect them.

But those are just my 2 cents

Quick word:

A quick word on Naru-Hina (yeah, like there's ever going to be anything quick about that, LOL).

Naruto has always thought of Hinata as "weird". He was always caught up in his BAKA (Idiot) mode when it came to Hinata. He just never gave himself a chance to see her and understand that she has feelings for him.

Even though Hinata confessed her love to him during the Pain fight, that confession went in through one ear and out the other (BAKA Mode). Right now, with Neji's death being a powerfulemotional anchor, Naruto will begin to see the courage, wisdom, and perhaps affection that Hinata is radiating.

There is a chance, just a chance that the Trauma of Neji's death willprovide a jolt strong enough to penetrate Naruto's thick head and full on BAKA mode sufficiently for him to begin being able to see the beautiful woman at his side, enough to displace the crush he's had for Sakura since childhood.

Now the rest of the Chapter:

1) It would be nice if when Naruto brings people into the Kyuubi's Aura, he and Kurama would be able to add the person's abilities to theirs, magnified of course by the Kyuubi.

If the above is true then a fusion with KB and Hachibi would be possible. Such a fusion endowed with Hyuuga powers from Hinata would be an awesome counter to the Juubi.

2) Sage-Kyuubi mode already....PLEASE!

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Shiniobi of the Kage Clan odramek's Avatar
    I think Naruto stopped loving Sakura since the time when they were younger - when Naruto promised to bring home Sasuke. He realized that Sakura really loved Sasuke and was not able to reciprocate his love. And I think Sakura is done with loving Sasuke.

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    Obito, in spite of himself can't help but be interested in Naruto's reaction... ...and that Obito himself was weak and blaming the world for his own inability to endure and to make things better by his own hands.
    Bravo, sir! Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by odramek View Post
    I think Naruto stopped loving Sakura since the time when they were younger - when Naruto promised to bring home Sasuke. He realized that Sakura really loved Sasuke and was not able to reciprocate his love. And I think Sakura is done with loving Sasuke.
    Spoiler!

And that was just from Chapter 540! THAT'S why Sakura deserves to be alone forever. And why she's not good enough for our boy, Naruto.
    Last edited by Sirxxx; 12-28-2012 at 03:55 PM.

THEY CANCELLED THE REAL PIRATE KINGS OF RAFTEL?!!!

Proud (and confused) subscriber of Shonen Jump Alpha.

Konjiki Ashisogi Jizō Daemon Spade's Avatar
    inbetween Matsumoto's ______! Dont, judge me!
    I thought it was apparent that Sakura & Naruto would never happen. Remember around the time that Obito had his little chat with Naruto, Kakashi, and Yamato. A little after that meeting Sakura came to tell Naruto to stop trying to save Saskue, in reality she was trying to avoid telling Naruto that Saskue had a kill order on him. She told Naruto that she loved him and in turn Naruto said "I hate people like you".
    FOOLS!!!!!

Favorite Manga/Anime Characters
    Naruto, Orochimaru, Jariya, Itachi, Ichigo, Mayuri, Kenpachi, Mugen, Vash the Stampede, "L", Edward Elric, Reborn, Rokudo Mukuro, Black Star, Dr. Fraken Stein, Death the Kid