View Poll Results: Which Yonkou are Luffy and Law REALLY after?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Big Mom

8 57.14%
  • Shanks

1 7.14%
  • Marshall D. Teach (Blackbeard)

0 0%
  • Kaidou

5 35.71%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Which Yonkou are Luffy and Law REALLY after?

I've been thinking about this for quite awhile now... (which I'm sure some of you have as well) ... Is Big Mom actually the Alliance's target? It is only natural for people to believe they are undoubtedly after Big Mom, granted that Luffy accepted Law's proposal it shortly after he personally declared war with her:
    19.jpg

But if you think about it, Luffy does have motives to take down other Yonkous as well:

Blackbeard: Ultimately, he is responsible for Ace's death. He is arguably the root of all of the issues the OPverse faces today.
    18.jpg

And just look at how much Luffy hates him, that glare of hate he give BB. (after realizing that BB is the reason why Ace was put in Impel Down in the first place)
    16.jpg

Shanks: Yes, Shanks. The inspiration, the reason why Luffy became a pirate. Luffy's role model.
    47.jpg

I recall reading a different translation, and watching the Anime version of this page in particular. Luffy swears that he will someday gather a crew that will beat Shank's crew. In other words, he won't lose to Shanks. What better way to surpass your role model than to defeat him in combat? It's not like he wants to kill him or dethrone Shanks or anything, he just wants to prove his worth.

Kaidou: We've yet to be introduced to Kaidou. But, given that there was no clear indication as to which Yonkou the Alliance is after:
    4.jpg

It is still OPEN TO INTERPRETATION as to which Yonkou the Alliance are planning to take down.

I'm not saying that Big Mom ISN'T the prime target, however I am saying that there isn't enough concrete evidence that indicates that she is.
    MY 2 CENTS
    Don't Judge Me -.-

He's after White Beard.

I Love You!
    Spoiler!

i knew it. whitebeard is still alive.

"whoaaaaa"

nuff said.

Mindf*cked
    It'll be Big Mam.

Personally I'd go with Big Mam. Also, why is there no poll for this?

Edit: Thank you
    Last edited by aggeroff; 12-26-2012 at 06:02 PM.
    Aggravate, Anger, and Piss off

Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    He's after White Beard.
    Silly me, how could I have missed that one -.-
    MY 2 CENTS
    Don't Judge Me -.-

Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    He's after White Beard.
    Quote Originally Posted by snowbear View Post
    i knew it. whitebeard is still alive.
    One Piece isn't Bleach and Oda sure as hell is not Kubo lol

In all seriousness, if Luffy and Shanks crosses paths he wouldn't mind fighting him but going directly at him for just a whim would be a little bit far fetch.

sig made by me

Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    In all seriousness, if Luffy and Shanks crosses paths he wouldn't mind fighting him but going directly at him for just a whim would be a little bit far fetch.
    With Ace and Sabo dead I highly doubt Luffy would fight Shanks for any reason other then if it was to save one of his crew..

And since Shanks 'bet' his arm on Luffy's success it would make no sense for Shanks to go after Luffy in the goal of One Piece - They may 'clash' but it would only be for Shanks to gauge how much Luffy has grown, it definitely wouldn't be a fight though.

It's Big Mom, with Fishman Island and Black Beard being the final boss, it doesn't make sense for anyone else.
    Click to see what RPG personality you are.
    (It's funny because I ALWAYS use a bow if its available in a game lol)

I'm just thinking this:
    Shanks - Luffy will eventually face to prove that he has surpassed him, but from what we've seen and know, Shanks is still way above that of Luffy, Oda wouldn't be sending Luffy to meet Shanks this early, especially if Luffy is going to lose. Especially not after what Shanks said about promises during the war.
    BB - Def seems like a final villian to me, and has been made out to be such as well, having 2 DF's and all. I would assume Luffy would want to take BB down personally instead of forming an alliance to do so though.
    Big Mom - It could be her, never really know what Oda is thinking, I mean he has put her up as the main one, as mentioned by OP, but then Oda always does the unexpected. I doubt it though, because of Nami's reaction after Law mentioned it, since Big Mom was after the SH blood anyway, wouldn't she be happier to have some strong back up?
    Kaidou - Really leaves him, we don't know much about him, and considering Oda has introduced all the other big name characters already, it would be kinda odd to leave Kaidou unknown.

As such, my vote goes to Kaidou.