Winter Wars - Anime V.S. Manga

Ok so I kinda got off topic in another thread but it got me interested in taking a closer look at the notion of "Winter Wars" and trying to see if it is real or if fan enthusiasm blew it out of proportion.

This is what I originally posted.

where in the manga is the winter war mentioned? I keep hearing about it but the only mention of a winter time frame is in the anime....which will clearly not cover that much plot in a couple of months. I Think the "Winter War" spoken of by the anime is the engagement in HM. Unless they are planning to pull a Trigun and spin the anime off the manga time line and take the story on its own....which would really suk.

I got this reply from moronic_badger

Originally Posted by moronic_badger View Post
    It's mentioned several times. Urahara and Isshin are the first to bring it up, then the Viazards, then Ukitake, and the person to last mention it was Yamamoto. The Winter War is when SS thinks Aizen will attack the "king" and try ruling over everything .

So I went back into the manga and found this info

those are points from the anime...the only time frames spoken of in the manga are as follows:

ch.188 p.13 Isshin "very soon he will finish his studies and then hell lead an army of complete arankar"
    ch. 223 p.13 : Yamamoto "opening the hougyoku's seal must have sent it into a 4 month hibernation."
    ch.230 p.5 Ukitake "...four months...."

no mention of winter....and its been well over 4 months since the release of those chapters.

Any imput is welcome I would like to prove or disprove this and get any opinions on the topic.

just for giggles i figured out exactly how much of a lead the manga has on the anime
    at a regular release rate.
    usually 1 anime episode = 2 manga chapters
    currently the manga is 57 chapters ahead of the anime plot
    if there are no more filler episodes and we get a release every week it will take the anime 29 (28.5) episodes thats 7 months to catch up to where we are now.
    That would put us well into spring (April)
    By then the manga will still be 28 chapters/14 episodes ahead.
    Last edited by NoLifeKing1331; 09-10-2007 at 03:22 AM.

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/825...ch223146sq.jpg

/end thread

no mention of winter....and its been well over 4 months since the release of those chapters.
    Time explained in the manga doesn't have to refer to actual life. Like the time-skip in Naruto, it's not like Kishi stopped writing it for 3 years.
    Last edited by Kendoki; 09-09-2007 at 05:48 AM.

Weirdest Fangirl Ever streetbum's Avatar
    Eh, it would seem that it wasn't exactly said by them but hinted at by all of them. I know for a fact Shinji Hirako also mentioned something about the fight that's going to happen. And Yamamoto as Kendoki posted, confirmed it.

aka. anime (since fillers) = fail
    Quote Originally Posted by CiTo_Uchiha View Post
    Kishi says:

Uchiha = God

Uzumaki = Shit
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Kendoki View Post
    http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/825...ch223146sq.jpg

/end thread

Time explained in the manga doesn't have to refer to actual life. Like the time-skip in Naruto, it's not like Kishi stopped writing it for 3 years.
    ok I think this is a translation issue...

By nolifeking1331 at 2007-09-09

does anyone else have any other different translations of this or the other chapters mentioned above?

Last edited by NoLifeKing1331; 09-09-2007 at 05:14 PM.