5 25.00%
  • |3| Average

2 10.00%
  • |2| Bad

0 0%
  • |1| Terrible

0 0%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Ooh, I just can't decide--Who do I want to see get the shit punched outta them first! Madara's smug ass, or Obito's useless ass.

To all the people who say that Naruto is shallow with his motives, reasoning, etc., here's hoping that he'll have an answer "worthy of Madara" to meet Obito's challenge. Naruto did just go back on his words, which is against his ninja way. How will he respond to Obito's taunt...

THEY CANCELLED THE REAL PIRATE KINGS OF RAFTEL?!!!

Proud (and confused) subscriber of Shonen Jump Alpha.

Oh my god. I hope sasuke gets the rinnegan n they force his sorry ass to resurrect Neji lol...on a side note looks like obito is alot more badass then he looks i mean seriously who the hell gets the put madara in his place like that?

I wanna add as well though, whilst the death of a character can sometimes move a plot forward kishi is treading a very thin line by wiping out so many 'good guys' in such quick succession and is threating to lose the desired effect. Unlike the death of jiraiya who had a couple of chapters which culminated in his death, we had like half a chapter for neji who is by no means a fodder character. Naruto is no Gantz and I expect every character death to be something significant and necessary not some mindless bloodbath that the plot seems to be turning into.
    Last edited by thebulk; 12-18-2012 at 02:25 PM.

Yea, ok Obito. If there is somebody that should understand Neji's sacrifice that is YOU! You sacrificed yourself for kakashi the exact same way!
    Here the point isn't wether Naruto let his friend die, but wether he'll manage to accomplish what has been entrusted to him by his dying comrades.

No pre-death embellishments or flashbacks means rinnei tensei will bring them back. We were, after all, reminded that obito will be the one responsible for using it. Will he use it for madara's benefit or will it go towards correcting his mistakes on the battlefield?

Actually, let's hope that doesn't happen again. It worked out perfectly when pein restored the lives he took invading konaha. A second demonstration of rinnei tensei in that manner will cheapen both past and present. Neji was a perfect choice for a character death. Naruto better answer worthily and not in his typical oblivious immaturity. He, as a character, needs to change and drop the juvenile approaches to serious matters. It's time he started acting more like his father and possibly his mother.

All that being said, I'm pleasantly surprised we have stuck this long on battling the juubi without interruption! No sasuke powerups or cheesing DNA to change the game.
    _____
    Obito is Tobirama's great grandson. The proof is in the pudding.

Quote Originally Posted by knife eater View Post
    No pre-death embellishments or flashbacks means rinnei tensei will bring them back. We were, after all, reminded that obito will be the one responsible for using it. Will he use it for madara's benefit or will it go towards correcting his mistakes on the battlefield?

Actually, let's hope that doesn't happen again. It worked out perfectly when pein restored the lives he took invading konaha. A second demonstration of rinnei tensei in that manner will cheapen both past and present. Neji was a perfect choice for a character death. Naruto better answer worthily and not in his typical oblivious immaturity. He, as a character, needs to change and drop the juvenile approaches to serious matters. It's time he started acting more like his father and possibly his mother.

All that being said, I'm pleasantly surprised we have stuck this long on battling the juubi without interruption! No sasuke powerups or cheesing DNA to change the game.
    My thoughts exactly! Here is my prediction: Once Shikaku's plan is put in action, but ultimately failed, Naruto will use talk-no-jutsu, maybe together with Kakashi, against Obito. Kakashi will his former comrade why he had to kill Rin (or whatever it was, he did), and Naruto will say something meaningful, and Obito will use the infamous "Gedou Rinne Tensei no Jutsu" on the war-alliance.

By the way *show-off-mode-on*: A long time ago, I speculated that "Outer Path: Samsara of Heavenly Life Technique" (http://www.mangashare.com/forums/thr...time-technique) is a once in a lifetime-technique. And seemingly, I was right.

But I have one question, though: Why would Madara risk Obito's life if he attacked the alliance with a Juubi-dama? Obito could easily warp away to his dimension and wait for the attack to happen. The only threat would be Kakashi, but I don't think that would be enough for Madara to pull the punches.

Wow, just like that... so does this means that Uchiha > Hyuga ? Interesting enough, from the current people on the battlefield, the Hyugas seem to be best suited to battle Jyubi from all of them (well not counting the jinchuriki).

Naruto will need to take care of the Hyugas for real now .

So, how will it look in it's next transformation ? First it had a human shape, then it become an Allien-like with one eye, then it grow itself a mouth and an ear... so does this progress to the human form, or does it move away from it ?

So neither Madara nor Obito will be able to control the Jyubi in it's next form. At least not without becoming it's jinchuriki.

Looks like the other Rinnegan was left for Sasuke, so that Sasuke would sacrifice himself in Obito's place (the same as Nagato originally was supposed to do), or to even control the current Jyubi, Obito needed another Rinnegan user with Mokutoun.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that the eagle dying on the battlefield, which was Neji's representation all this time, was a pretty sweet.

So, the seal didn't seal, but rather have destroyed the eyes ? This sounds familiar to the thing that Danzou did with Shisui's sharingan.

Wow, does this make Neji Hinata's wingman? http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/93233307/18

Anyways, I had thought that the reason that Nagato had died was from the sheer amount of chakra he had used in the Jutsu, not that the jutsu itself required the sacrifice. Obito's got something up his sleeve, other than an arm and tendril connected to the Juubi. I wonder why he's trying to make them all suffer though? It seems like he's trying to make them believe and agree with Madara's philosophy, or at least convince Naruto. Or maybe he's still trying to convince himself of it?

I don't think we're going to get another lengthy talk-no-jutsu at this point in the game though. If Obito has another change of heart, I think it's going to come from his own thoughts and memories.

Great chapter, but I wouldn't go so far as to say Neji is dead yet! Remeber a couple of chapters ago Kaakshi had been stab and sliced with the wind shuriken Obito used and the fox restored his chakara just by touching him.

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/naruto/v60/c608/12.html
    http://www.mangahere.com/manga/naruto/v60/c609/15.html
    http://www.mangahere.com/manga/naruto/v60/c609/16.html

The fox completely replenished Kakashi's chakara and healed his wounds. I will wait until next chapter to determine is Neji is really going to die or not.
    "RESPECT"

Quote Originally Posted by MOTS View Post
    Great chapter, but I wouldn't go so far as to say Neji is dead yet! Remeber a couple of chapters ago Kaakshi had been stab and sliced with the wind shuriken Obito used and the fox restored his chakara just by touching him.

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/naruto/v60/c608/12.html
    http://www.mangahere.com/manga/naruto/v60/c609/15.html
    http://www.mangahere.com/manga/naruto/v60/c609/16.html

The fox completely replenished Kakashi's chakara and healed his wounds. I will wait until next chapter to determine is Neji is really going to die or not.
    The difference is Kakashi wasn't dead yet. Neji's a goner. He got his dying words in, his symbolic bird was shot down by a wooden spike, and his seal disappeared from his forehead, something that only happens when a Hyuuga branch family member dies. Kishi has put the writing on the wall in the color of blood.

In any case, some interesting banter from our two villains. So it's basically gonna come down to how much Obito's buying into the plan. Then it's gonna be who's gonna turn on who first. Though Obito pointed out his advantage, Madara still doesn't seem all that concerned (I guess being immortal and all-powerful would do that) and he's still got jokes.

I like the last two chapters... this is war... death happens... and most of the time in the least romantic way... I guess the new generation will finally feel the horrors of war with the death Neji... I wonder how will Lee and Gai response... esp. Gai seeing his student die... Don't worry guys Neji will always be alive in Lee's spin off manga... hihihi....
    UNLEASH THE GREEN BEAST OF KONOHA