Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    The major reason that I understand why they complain is "we will miss important things with a timeskip, their adventures!". Each individually training for months isn't important to see in the first place, all we need to know is where they are, whats happening there, how will they deal with the situation. And Oda is doing a perfect job with that already showed Chopper and Sanji.

As for adventures this may just be my opinion but who cares they aren't united you ain't going miss much. As for the 2 year thing "if" he does a time-skip I'll have to agree 2 years bit to much but I can also see it probably doesn't really matter. I'm a guess it'll be few months time-skip if any and about the race for One piece even with the supernovas and all the new pirates chasing after it pretty sure the 3 Yonkou's are way ahead of everyone else.

Whitebeard been the only person stated to being the man closest to obtaining one piece although we heard it from Buggy but you can get the serious sense of it. I'm very curious to see how the whitebeards fan out too. Especially Marco will he take whitebeards seat or just do his own thing.
    Last edited by FenixMarco; 08-08-2010 at 03:48 PM.

Personaly i realy tink there is gonne be a time skip of about 2 years

Becuese 2 years sounds good to me luffy will be about 19-20 then same with zoro/sanji and nami and chopper will be about 18

I was tinking mayby Oda will make training arc movie If u tink about it in the anime they are now at the start of the war and if u calculate when the next movie will be it's in about 4-5months

+ a movie woulth make it a lot easier then just some seperate episodes of training

At least thats what i tink

Well honestly I don't mind Oda's movies but I rather him spent time on the manga instead, when he was doing strong world he took so many breaks. That was during the beginning of the marineford arc too.

People seem to get used to training arcs because of bleach/naruto and other battle manga's but one piece is based off adventure they are pirates with different goals. Oda isn't going to draw us a training arc that is the real waste of his time/talent (not the time-skip), they need to get stronger yes but how Oda been showing their growth is through experience.

As for the 2 year time skip I rather it be couple of months but people keep showing me his tattoo making it say 2 years. I looked at the page where they show him (newpapers holding his hat) all the strawhats say they get it. But I can't understand what the hell the message is, it has to be something they experienced/talk about after brook joined. My guess is 16 bells = 16 weeks or grove 16 (if no time skip). Well again I favor time-skip but don't really care if it happens or not just I don't want to see a training arc and just want them to group again as soon as possible.
    Last edited by FenixMarco; 08-08-2010 at 03:50 PM.

i'm just personaly tinking it's the same with with the other strawhats in the anime they showed what they are doing on the island in the manga it's just where they are so i'm guesing he gonne reunate them in the manga and make a movie about evry ting that happend between the seperation and reunation

and i'm guesing if there isent going to be a time skip and he just gonne do chapter 1 move at a time it will take about another 50-70 chapters before there reunation

Dam it now I'm having mixed feelings about a time-skip, not to have one for the soul reason of just enjoying each of their adventures. But right now they are separated so they can't really do much making a time-skip make much more sense to have to reunite them.

Also like to add to who ever mentioned the tattoo thing being SA2Y on his arm, could mean the message was Shabody Archipelago 2 Years and the 16 bell rings meant meet at grove 16.
    Or
    Could be 3D2Y like airicks mentioned since the first 2 are crossed, scratching out the 3 day meet up from
    http://read.mangashare.com/One-Piece...1/page009.html
    to making it a 2 year meet up.

You know what, the more I re-read One Piece the more a long time skip starts to make sense. Roger took a good few decades to eventually conquer the Grand line and reach Raftel. In fact it was only in the last part of his life that he attempted to reach that goal. And yet this is a man said to have been the strongest pirate to ever live.

Luffy and the Strawhats have been out to sea for how long? A couple of months? Years? And yet they have already reached halfway around the Grand Line. But now the consequences of their haste have caught up with them. They are not strong enough or mature enough to be this far along on their journey. Then again the New World seems to be shown as the largest sea.

Then there is the ultimate goal itself, Luffy wants to be Pirate King. But so far the only clue as to how this is achieved is to reach Raftel, something no one other than Roger has achieved. Why? Because to reach Raftel one must follow a special path, one which is either impossible or extremely difficult to find off hand.

All clues lead to the Poneglyphs. Raftel being home to the Rio Poneglyph is all but confirmed from various sources including Rayleigh. But it is stated before that in order to get to and understand the Rio Poneglyph one must first read ALL of the others and follow a prescribed path of knowledge and direction towards the end. This means that the key to reaching Raftel is to find and read the last Poneglyph which has the directions of how to get to Raftel written on it.

At this point the Strawhats have only read two / three Poneglyphs. Robin might have read others during her long exile but we dont know for sure. We also dont know how widely these are scattered around the globe or indeed how many there are. Roger may have spent all those years simply tracking them down for all we know.

So it would seem that for the Strawhats to reach Raftel is a LOOOOONG road ahead.
    Last edited by FenixMarco; 08-08-2010 at 09:55 PM.

^Finally someone at least seeing how the time skip makes sense. I agree with you about the poneglyphs. It could be the only way to reach Raftel (which I believe is the lost kingdom the WG destroyed and the creators of poneglyphs). But Robin is way better at reading them than the Roger's pirate as Rayleigh stated so they might not have to search for all of them.

About the training, that's what the time skip is for so we don't have to sit around and watch them all train. I think we would only see Luffy's training a bit then the time skip and the reunion. We could all have just flashbacks on what happened to the others.

sig made by me

Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    ^Finally someone at least seeing how the time skip makes sense. I agree with you about the poneglyphs. It could be the only way to reach Raftel (which I believe is the lost kingdom the WG destroyed and the creators of poneglyphs). But Robin is way better at reading them than the Roger's pirate as Rayleigh stated so they might not have to search for all of them.

About the training, that's what the time skip is for so we don't have to sit around and watch them all train. I think we would only see Luffy's training a bit then the time skip and the reunion. We could all have just flashbacks on what happened to the others.
    See if the time-skip happen and worked like that I wouldn't mind it, just gotten used to them adventuring regularly don't want to miss years of possible adventures. But if it's for skipping the training think that would be awesome way to show the improvement without the boring predictable stuff. How he's already showing it is looking good too with chopper and sanji example. But I still have mix feelings about it, although I'm trying to lean more to the time-skip side.

Quote Originally Posted by FireFistLuffy View Post
    See if the time-skip happen and worked like that I wouldn't mind it, just gotten used to them adventuring regularly don't want to miss years of possible adventures. But if it's for skipping the training think that would be awesome way to show the improvement without the boring predictable stuff. How he's already showing it is looking good too with chopper and sanji example. But I still have mix feelings about it, although I'm trying to lean more to the time-skip side.
    Yeah, we don't have to see all of their training. I mean who would want to see Sanji beating 99 okamas?

sig made by me

Lol me i wanne see him kill all those dam okama's

a time-skip is needed. as luffy goes to the new world where the strongest only survvive
    there is know way luffy and the others couldn't survive. wath i'm trying to say is you must at least be able to fght against a vice admiral to survive in the new world
    after luffy learns how to use haki i'm shure he will be able to fight against a vice admiral