Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Personaly i tink time skip is a good idee becuese most of the manga's i read before with time skip did a good job doing it exept naruto but then again it was neded in naruto asswell you can't just make a 14 year old boy the leader of a village same here in one piece i personally tink Luffy is just to young and a bit to un expierencd in live to become PK so fast

Thats my personal opinion so no bitching about it!

I favor a time-skip but don't care if it happens or not, I really want to avoid is this
    Quote Originally Posted by Airicks View Post
    a montage of sorts with each crew member maybe lasting tops 5-10chapters
    I do want to know how they progress but not through training arcs or montage of individual chapters. They have been separated for nearly what 60-70 chapters miss the crew being together want to see them together again. Time-skip can easily do that!

I totaly agree

i didnt mean 5-10chapters per member, just in total

*edit*
    although to say next chapter 'oh they're back together' would be a naruto thing... i doubt oda would put anything so low-key in his lifes work...

he'll explain everything, though i doubt its possible to explain how 9 ppl went from 'zeros to heros' with less then 5-10chapters even thats cutting it close imo
    Last edited by Airicks; 08-06-2010 at 04:48 PM.
    Click to see what RPG personality you are.
    (It's funny because I ALWAYS use a bow if its available in a game lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Airicks View Post
    i didnt mean 5-10chapters per member, just in total

*edit*
    although to say next chapter 'oh they're back together' would be a naruto thing... i doubt oda would put anything so low-key in his lifes work...

he'll explain everything, though i doubt its possible to explain how 9 ppl went from 'zeros to heros' with less then 5-10chapters even thats cutting it close imo
    I didn't mean aim to you, just you was the closest I could quote for example of it about the training arc that I still don't see why some people want it.

Yes totally agree with your comment "oh they're back together", I think how he is showing it right now is already way pass naruto time skip. With the chopper/sanji example I can't wait to see that rest. That's how he does things, like it that way being shown what they are going through and aim to do to develop. I just don't want to see a training arc on stuff we don't really need to see. What they learn can easily be shown through future battles and or events like he has been doing. If we do get a time skip I don't think it'll be bad pretty sure he can pull off a great time-skip how things turning out really looking forward to it.

Ok, since everybody in the OP discussion thread wants people to put their post here if it's about the time skip so here goes my two cents;

The reason why I think a timeskip could happen because we all saw how much the gap is between the SH and the top tier opponents in OP. They need to train and time skip would come along with it.

We saw how they got pawned in SA by Kizaru, a couple of Pacifista and Sentomarou. We also saw how Luffy went down when he fought Magellan. After all of that I think it's time for them to get serious on having a major power up and "special training" is the way to go. I know they got more stronger as they go on their adventure but at SA we saw the huge gap in power that they can't rely on that anymore. Don't tell me they all they need is a little bit of training and they'll be ok coz Zoro trains like everyday and he is still weak. And since all of the SH(or almost all at least) is in a place where they could truly gain a major power up this will be a perfect time to do it.

Now, I know training could be boring since it could be repetitive but that's where time skip could take place. You don't want to sit and watch a guy trying to break a boulder all day right. We could just see a glimpse of the training before skipping the rest.

As for how long the training will be? I think the 3X2Y is very plausible. It would be unrealistic for them to gain such power to at least not be killed when attacked by a bunch of pacifistas in just a few weeks or months.

-Luffy needs to learn haki. How long will he able to control his, we don't know but knowing haki is a very formidable weapon and not all has it, it's safe to assume it will take Luffy a long time to master it much mor his KD haki.

-Franky will be learning from things a guy made that is so high-tech it is supposed to be only made 500 years in the future. There's no way Franky could learn how these machines work in just a couple of months. And even if he did he still has to incorporate it to his body and train.

-Sanji has to go through 99 opponents. Seeing Ivankov didn't even had a scratch we could already weigh Sanjis strength to Ivankov's minions.

And this also goes on the rest of the crew (not so much with brook) so I think 2 years is just about right. We don't need to see all of their training just a glimpse of it.

I just want to people(specially those close-minded ones) to see that a time skip can be done in a tasteful way. And saying things like time skip is dumb or it will never happen or Oda is lvl 96, he is above time skip any other shit like that is very idiotic indeed.

sig made by me

Veteran Member Himura Battousai's Avatar
    Im trapped in Kakashis Kamui jutsu with Deidaras arm
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Ok, since everybody in the OP discussion thread wants people to put their post here if it's about the time skip so here goes my two cents;

The reason why I think a timeskip could happen because we all saw how much the gap is between the SH and the top tier opponents in OP. They need to train and time skip would come along with it.

We saw how they got pawned in SA by Kizaru, a couple of Pacifista and Sentomarou. We also saw how Luffy went down when he fought Magellan. After all of that I think it's time for them to get serious on having a major power up and "special training" is the way to go. I know they got more stronger as they go on their adventure but at SA we saw the huge gap in power that they can't rely on that anymore. Don't tell me they all they need is a little bit of training and they'll be ok coz Zoro trains like everyday and he is still weak. And since all of the SH(or almost all at least) is in a place where they could truly gain a major power up this will be a perfect time to do it.

Now, I know training could be boring since it could be repetitive but that's where time skip could take place. You don't want to sit and watch a guy trying to break a boulder all day right. We could just see a glimpse of the training before skipping the rest.

As for how long the training will be? I think the 3X2Y is very plausible. It would be unrealistic for them to gain such power to at least not be killed when attacked by a bunch of pacifistas in just a few weeks or months.

-Luffy needs to learn haki. How long will he able to control his, we don't know but knowing haki is a very formidable weapon and not all has it, it's safe to assume it will take Luffy a long time to master it much mor his KD haki.

-Franky will be learning from things a guy made that is so high-tech it is supposed to be only made 500 years in the future. There's no way Franky could learn how these machines work in just a couple of months. And even if he did he still has to incorporate it to his body and train.

-Sanji has to go through 99 opponents. Seeing Ivankov didn't even had a scratch we could already weigh Sanjis strength to Ivankov's minions.

And this also goes on the rest of the crew (not so much with brook) so I think 2 years is just about right. We don't need to see all of their training just a glimpse of it.

I just want to people(specially those close-minded ones) to see that a time skip can be done in a tasteful way. And saying things like time skip is dumb or it will never happen or Oda is lvl 96, he is above time skip any other shit like that is very idiotic indeed.
    2 years? Sorry dude but that is way too long for the one piece world. After 2 years in the New world most of the supernovas would probably be destroyed. Luffy wouldnt wanna sit on the sidelines for that long and risk someone else finding One Piece.

I think a reasonable time would be 3-6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Himura Battousai View Post
    2 years? Sorry dude but that is way too long for the one piece world. After 2 years in the New world most of the supernovas would probably be destroyed. Luffy wouldnt wanna sit on the sidelines for that long and risk someone else finding One Piece.

I think a reasonable time would be 3-6 months.
    I initially thought it would only be a year but after seeing the 3X2Y on Luffy's arm I had to go there.

So what if most of the supernovas were destroyed by then? It's not Luffy's responsibility to fight them all. The only guys that was shown to be his real rival on the supernova's was Law and Kid and I think they can hold their own in the new world. (and Law is waiting aswell)

And risking someone might find one piece first? It's over 20 years now since Roger told about one piece and no has found it yet. two years of waiting won't mean much.

sig made by me

Veteran Member Himura Battousai's Avatar
    Im trapped in Kakashis Kamui jutsu with Deidaras arm
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    I initially thought it would only be a year but after seeing the 3X2Y on Luffy's arm I had to go there.

So what if most of the supernovas were destroyed by then? It's not Luffy's responsibility to fight them all. The only guys that was shown to be his real rival on the supernova's was Law and Kid and I think they can hold their own in the new world. (and Law is waiting aswell)

And risking someone might find one piece first? It's over 20 years now since Roger told about one piece and no has found it yet. two years of waiting won't mean much.
    Ok ill give you the part about the supernovas.

But think about it Luffys already missed out on those 20 years and has alot of catching up to do. Who knows someone might be really close and If that was me I wouldnt be risking it.

Hey man I see where youre coming from and all but I personally would really hate a 2 year Timeskip. But you never know with Oda so ill keep an open mind about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Himura Battousai View Post
    Ok ill give you the part about the supernovas.

But think about it Luffys already missed out on those 20 years and has alot of catching up to do. Who knows someone might be really close and If that was me I wouldnt be risking it.

Hey man I see where youre coming from and all but I personally would really hate a 2 year Timeskip. But you never know with Oda so ill keep an open mind about it.
    Two years seems a long time but I think by the time SH enters the new world they won't be far behind the other supernovas (or what remains of them). I think what makes the new world so dangerous is not the harsh sea but the fact that other pirates are always constantly checking each other. If someone seems having an advantage and gets an inch closer to one piece, he will be an automatic target and will be taken out. I bet most of the big pirates in the new world are in a stalemate, couldn't move much further and waiting for other pirates next move.

Of course right now it may not be the case because of WB death so there will always be the risk of someone taking advantage of the situation and could get to OP. But if I were Luffy I rather wait two years doing some training rather than risk getting pawned again in the new world. And if there is someone got to OP first, Luffy could always kick their ass and steal the throne.

at least your trying to keep an open mind about it unlike some people in the discussion thread who thinks time skip is like the dumbest thing on manga history.

sig made by me