• Average

0 0%
  • Bad

0 0%
  • Omaeda

2 10.00%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Quote Originally Posted by drgnx View Post
    Something don't add up, why did the 1st Kenpachi get a pass? Was it because she took another position? Did the second & Third Kenpachi's change tradition for spite? Because I'd think that if your strongest warrior/captain went to become some kind of care-bear, your squad would be more 'moderate', not these "kill now or kill later" type thugs. Maybe that is why the 11th squad does not like the medical squad, they feel shame but can't express it to their ex-captain. Maybe the 11th rule of "to the death" was so that the squad does not get 10+ captain-class blood thirsty monsters (the captain and ex-captains/ex-challengers).

I just don't get the tradition now that we have more insight.

Well the bold now that you mention it seems the most plausible. They were practically giving off fear of both of Unohana, and Kenpachi. Wouldn't be surprised if to counter her possible power, they gave the ultimatum To Unohana, leave SS or do something that reduces your power.

Hmmmnnn......
    Think this kind of brings Kenpachi's eyepatch into a whole new light! He says he asked for it and no doubt he did, but just imagine behind the scenes they were possibly preparing that and more as a just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by Anticrobotic View Post
    I must say that even though this was a very good chapter I'm absolutely HATING that Unohana didn't become the new CC, despite her being superior to Shunsui in age, experience and overall skills. It's probably because she's a woman, and that's just so fucking...Japanese.

Hear ye, mate! ^^
    Thirded^^

Wouldn't be so sure on the underlined. There's many possible reasons that would encourage explaining in later 'flashback' chapters, and possibly derived situations, which might seem the path Tite Kubo might want to go.

For 1 example If they're afraid of Zaraki then they also probably feared the 1st Kenpachi, even possibly now, so why give her total absolute power just about that easily. For another example, Unohana's been healing for a while, maybe they think she's no longer at that level worthy( they being the central 46).
    There are more things in heaven and earth then is dreamt of in your philosophy

Quote Originally Posted by Yoru View Post
    Cool chapter. Really really great IMO!
    Kyoraku is head captain...wery well. He's got power and intelligence. The time to be a lazy man is over huh? Oh well.

BUT wasn't Unohana's name Retsu? Unohana Retsu? Or did she change her name....or is it her middle name? Aw, so many things...i just hope Kubo didn't forget he called her Retsu and now uses Yachiru just to fit it somewhere. I want an explanation.

In chapter 114 the explanation was already given. When he gave little Yachiru her name, he said he gave her the of the only perso he ever admired. And when you think about it, Unohana has gotten some really strange looks over the entire series. Now it all makes sense why Unohana was suspiciously absent during the Arrancar Battle and the Attack on Soul Society. Wouldn't the first Kenpachi be the only person someone like him would admire? He's only concerned with one thing: Power. Why is it inconceivable that Unohana is the strongest Shinigami? She's the oldest captain she has everyone shook like hell with a smile. She's an undercover badass and with that expression on the last page says sh!t just got real. It's. About. To. Go. Down.

Senior Member King Of Soul Society's Avatar
    i always knew unohaha was a beast and have been waiting ever so long to take the stage and just own it, good progress being made but kubo is building this up and i hope it wont come all to waste

He Who Speaks Without An Attentive Ear Is Mute.

Originally Posted by halaros536
    shut up you weakling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you are just angry because i didnt let you became my SERVANT!!!!!! but icould not accept that because you are too weak to be my servant sorry

UNOHANA YACHIRU, the most amazing woman in the bleach!

Quote Originally Posted by Yoru View Post
    Cool chapter. Really really great IMO!
    Kyoraku is head captain...wery well. He's got power and intelligence. The time to be a lazy man is over huh? Oh well.

BUT wasn't Unohana's name Retsu? Unohana Retsu? Or did she change her name....or is it her middle name? Aw, so many things...i just hope Kubo didn't forget he called her Retsu and now uses Yachiru just to fit it somewhere. I want an explanation.
    I'm confused about it too.

I wonder If Retsu (yeah I'm calling her Retsu from now on) also seals her reiatsu, if she does then it must have something to do with her braids, Kubo did mention she will unravel them when she enters battle.

It could be possible that Retsu is her middle name or something. I mean as far as I know, Kyouraku's full name would have been Kyouraku Shinsui and not Kyouraku Jirou Souzousa Shinsui. That or she could have changed it, I mean didn't Yamamoto change his name a few times over the years based on the scars he had?

Retsu means violent in english..... its probably unohana's nickname given to her by his mentor kirinji.... remember kirinji called her "Retsu"... its like letting her know about her past..... Ejisai is also a nickname given to yamamoto by sasakibe... and he decided to call himself genryusai..... now i'm sure that unohana is part of the original murderous gotei13... everyone has a nickname.... maybe even kirinji is one of them