• Average

0 0%
  • Bad

0 0%
  • Omaeda

2 10.00%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    So renji can take a super punch from a squad 0 guy but gets his ass handed to him from a Quincy -_-...
    Perhaps the results would have been different had Renji been blindsided much like he was when the Quincy dude came out of nowhere and attacked him.

^Also, the guy had just injured his hand from attacking Ichigo. It's possible that the blow he dealt Renji was only about 50% of what it should have been.

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    Doesn't anybody else find it unreasonable that Juha Bach did not Kill Kenpachi when he had that chance? Did Bach look down on Kenpachi so much that he didn't think Kenpachi might get stronger in the same way he thought/expected Ichigo to get better/stronger?
    Well Bach's plans seemed to have been screwed up by Aizen, who was able to mindfck Bach while they were meeting with him. He spent much more time than he had thought with Aizen and then was unaware of the whole thing so he was just waltzing through SS and of course there was the Captain Commander he had to deal with. One must assume that if Bach had had the time he thought he had available to him that he would have tied up the loose ends(kenpachi and the other downed captains) better before having run off.

Quote Originally Posted by Afro Thunda View Post
    Zaraki only cares about strong people. If he heard that the first Kenpachi was really strong (strongest shinigami), then that's all he'd need to know to care about her. He need not have met them before to be that way. Methinks you're taking 'care' in the more intimate sense of the word, which is not the kind of 'care' Zaraki was talking about.
    I'm not sure. If that was the case, then he would not have named the kid Yachiru (a very sentimental thing to do), if he only cared about Yachiru's (Unohana's ?) power. The fact that he named a powerless kid Yachiru, proves that he cared about Yachiru as a person over all and not for her strength only. You just don't say: "The only person I ever cared about..." about someone in which you value only strength. I'm not doubting that Yachiru was strong, but there seems to be much more than Zaraki simply acknowledging her strength.

From how it looks, it's possible that their relationship might have been very similar to Renji and Rukia, or to Matsumoto and Gin. They both could have been from the 80 district, while Yachiru might have been like an older sister to him. It's hard to say just how old Zaraki is, or for how long he was venturing through the 80 districts (his poor sense of direction might have made it really long ;P) to eventually reach the Seireitei and own the previous Kenpachi. Unohana might not be the same Yachiru anyway, seeing as it is: "the name of the only person I ever cared about" (past tense) and not, "the name of the only person I care about". This person named Yachiru might very well be the source of Zaraki's desire to obtain the tittle of Kenpachi, but perhaps rather as a person who was named in by someone or by herself in the tribute for the first Kenpachi and in hopes to become like that person, or simply the death of the only person he cared about, Yachiru, was what pushed Zaraki to follow the path of strength, seeing as those from far districts were much more bestial than humans, where strength meant survival (obtaining a name might have been only a subgoal to him).

Then again, the translation might not be that great anyway, thus the misleading wording .

I guess it's worth noticing that when Kenpachi was bleeding out after the fight with Ichigo, Yachiru called Unohana specifically and not just someone from the 4th division to heal Zaraki.

Still, in the case that Kenpachi admired the First Kenpachi and not simply the current one or just the title itself, would suggest that he is one of the oldest of the current captains and have at least lived 1000 years ago, assuming that the tittle Kenpachi already existed when the Gotei was known only as Divisions and that Unohana resigned from her position or even faked out her death and changed her name around the supposed end of the War with the Quincies (at least that incident seems like world/game changing for most Shinigami that lived at that time).

Thinking forward, looking ahead:

What can the Quincies be thinking right now. They Had the Shinigamis on the ropes, but the only Captain that died was Yamamoto. They would have done much better to kill off as many Captains as possible, they should have delayed their attack until they had enough forces to do this.

Now Quincies knew about Squad Zero, so it is obvious that they (Quincies) haven't revealed all their cards yet. For instance, they are Mass Manufacturing arrancars.

Obviously part of their ploy is to overwhelm SS with arrancars (like The Guy who tried to seal Ichigo's Bankai). WHy they did not Kill Kenpachi is beyond me.

If Juha Bach returned to HM without sending reinforcements to Opie's location, I'd be dissapointed in their strategic thinking/abilities.

I am not yet sold in th Shinigami's hopes, because losing Yamamoto Genrusai sets them back further than what I think that a Renewed Kenpachi or Unohana can make up.
    They could have delayed more for me...and do more damage but the fact that juha bach cannot stay longer outside the shadow world as we see him trying to drag ichigo back before time is up for them...... i don't know why but there main weakness is that they have a time limit outside of this shadow realm.... he planned the attack of gotei13 to be quick.... though he thought there was more time.... aizen did something to confuse his perception of time

Kenpachi is considered one of the 5 war potentials..... i don't know what bach is planning for them...... the first impressions he made about them is trying to recruit them to his side as his war potentials.... ex. aizen and lately ichigo... maybe he wants kenpachi to join them and knows something about his past that could change his mind and ordered not to kill him because he was a valuable asset to the VR's

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    So renji can take a super punch from a squad 0 guy but gets his ass handed to him from a Quincy -_-...
    Nah that was just some tap punch.... a bam "ok, you're ready to go" punch..... if kirinji full punch him he'd be having holes in his stomach lols.... the only point there that was really relevant is how ichigo countered that fast without anyone noticing other than kirinji himself

^ It depends on who are the other 2 war potentials, but as for now, the current war potentials are as much as risks as chances. All of them might be the key to save SS, but even one of them might lead to SS's destruction. The way how the Central reacted to training Kenpachi seems to suggest at least this much. Aizen was already a big threat. While Ichigo might potentially join the Vandereich as a Quincy. Not to forget that there are still 2 unknown war potentials.

Yamamoto wasn't considered as one, because he changed, but if it was the old Yama, then he would fit that pattern, since invoking his bankai alone for a longer period of time would have been enough to destroy SS, as much as his ruthless character eager to discard and sacrifice his subordinates, as if they were nothing along the way, might have hurt SS pretty badly as well.

Omaeda being the worst poll choice haha, nice one.

Anyone else excited to see Renji's new bankai(maybe in the upcoming training)?

Epic chapter! 5/5

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Not quite. Renji and the others should already be stronger than before from that treatment alone. In bleach not all scars remain, but the damage done to the spirit will hinder them/lower their potential over all (some parts/drops of reiatsu will remain rotten it seems). Renji was basically obliterated like 7 times in the series ? Supposedly a truly full recovery was never possible before (well maybe with Orihime, but not many were treaded by her and certainly not to this level), that is until now. Plus he partially survived that punch through his will power, which is seemingly on Ichigo's level, it's just that Renji wasn't as lucky as Ichigo to be born with all those secret powers. Then again, Renji's strongest stat seems to be defense and do not forget that the Blood Power Ups are simply that overwhelming.

I'm pretty sure that one of the Quincy will absorb one of the Royal Guard members along with their key to the Soul Kings Realm, just as Opie did with that Hollow-like monster.
    Thats true I guess, Renji better really power up man! I know his body is ready but his reiatsu probably isn't, they should remake his Zabimaru too, its kinda slow and clumbzy lol. And while their in it messing around soup up Rukia's zanpakuto too, make her force a bankai hehe.

Id love to see some flashbacks of Unohana though! And im pretty sure Kenpachi knows about her, and probably knows enough to not attempt to fight her, after all shes still living and was the first Kenpachi! Either undefeated or just resigned it to someone else when she began a life as a healer
    A pie in the sky?

Something don't add up, why did the 1st Kenpachi get a pass? Was it because she took another position? Did the second & Third Kenpachi's change tradition for spite? Because I'd think that if your strongest warrior/captain went to become some kind of care-bear, your squad would be more 'moderate', not these "kill now or kill later" type thugs. Maybe that is why the 11th squad does not like the medical squad, they feel shame but can't express it to their ex-captain. Maybe the 11th rule of "to the death" was so that the squad does not get 10+ captain-class blood thirsty monsters (the captain and ex-captains/ex-challengers).

I just don't get the tradition now that we have more insight.
    Spoiler!

I must say that even though this was a very good chapter I'm absolutely HATING that Unohana didn't become the new CC, despite her being superior to Shunsui in age, experience and overall skills. It's probably because she's a woman, and that's just so fucking...Japanese.

Quote Originally Posted by Afro Thunda View Post
    So yea, I've always had a hard-on for Unohana since we all knew she was a covert badass
    Hear ye, mate! ^^

On a different note, I was rather impressed with the cover art from Mangapanda showing Unohana's Zanpakuto's spirit
    Agreed.