Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

MAG (256 player online FPS) [PS3 Exclusive!]

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ex...adow-mag/51568

Who's gonna get that? 'Cause I know I am!

Tight on money, too many games. This one's going to wait.

I yam what I yam
    I'm on the east bank..I'm on the west bank
    The public beta is up for download in the ps store, but don't be like me and think that you'll get to play it....at least for a while. After 2gb worth of update data downloading, the game loaded to tell me that the beta will open Jan. 4. :(
    Oh well, it makes sense i suppose and it's not that long of a wait anyways, but I was a little depressed to spend the better part of an hour updating only to find I couldn't play it.
    Anyways, it looks badass. gotta buy it even though I'm not really in to FPS's. Sony's really got their shit together now. Demon Souls, Uncharted 2, Ratchet and Clank, Killzone2 all won awards and are all exclusives. They've also done a good job with advertising. Way to go Sony.

I think it's impressive that it can hold up to 256 players online but I think it's overkill. I can't see how it can be any fun. Hell I think COD's numbers are overkill lol. I'm accustomed to Gears of War which is 4 on 4. But again very impressed with the numbers. One thing I will say though is something has to give; is this just a multiplayer only game?
    LeggoMyWebbo

Quote Originally Posted by [CiTo] View Post
    One thing I will say though is something has to give; is this just a multiplayer only game?
    Yes. Just like Socom Confrontation I think.

Will be getting it if my money is looking right.

Manga reading list: Bleach, Naruto, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, One Piece, Code Breaker, Gamaran, Kuroko No Basket, Fairy Tail, The World God Only Knows, Kimi No Iru Machi, Good Ending, Medaka Box, Nisekoi, D.Gray-Man, Ao No Exorcist, Freezing, Magi - Labyrinth of Magic, Soul Eater, Rosario Vampire Season II, Iris Zero, Ubell Blatt, Bloody Cross, Sun-Ken Rock, and Infinite Stratos,

Downloaded the demo today, lots of people don't like it yet but than again, it's a beta

Quote Originally Posted by Jinoh View Post
    Downloaded the demo today, lots of people don't like it yet but than again, it's a beta
    Not a PS3 owner, but when I heard the concept I thought how could this be fun? lol, way tooooo many people. And with those many people playing at once there have to be some major glitches, lag spikes and hiccups. Beautiful concept though.
    LeggoMyWebbo

Quote Originally Posted by [CiTo] View Post
    Not a PS3 owner, but when I heard the concept I thought how could this be fun? lol, way tooooo many people. And with those many people playing at once there have to be some major glitches, lag spikes and hiccups. Beautiful concept though.
    No lag at all which is very surprising.

Basically, you're thrown into a team and each team have different objectives. The whole point of the game is team work which is the reason why I think the game will fail. I can see team work in L4D, but not on this one. People will just want to kill anyone they see moving like in MW 2.