Thread: Nell's Name?

Nell's Name?

Okay, I own the fanlisting for Nell, and all the recent developments in the manga have left me confused as to her name. There are so many alternate spellings, I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on which one is "official"? These are some of the ones I've seen:

Neliel Tu Oderschvank (Nel Tu)
    Neliel Tu Oderschwank (Nel Tu)
    Nelliel Tu Oderschvank (Nell Tu)
    Nelliel Tu Oderschwank (Nell Tu)
    Nerieru Tu Oderushuvanku (Neru Tu)
    Nerieru Tu Oderushuvanku (Neru Tou)

So yeah, any insights you guys have would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

Heir of the will of D
    If they wanted the last part to sound a bit German then I would say that "Neliel Tu Oderschwank" is the right one. V in German sounds like F while W is a V. Since her name is Nel, the "Neliel" seems more correct as well.

Oderschwank would be the right name, but it would sound some kind of weird if you are german.
    "Oder" is a river in Germany and the german word for "or" and "Schwank" is some kind of story about normal or funny experiences, but the word is rarely used in the Germany of today.
    So it would be a story from the Oder-region which would make no sense in relation to Bleach

Quote Originally Posted by Frolin View Post
    Oderschwank would be the right name, but it would sound some kind of weird if you are german.
    "Oder" is a river in Germany and the german word for "or" and "Schwank" is some kind of story about normal or funny experiences, but the word is rarely used in the Germany of today.
    So it would be a story from the Oder-region which would make no sense in relation to Bleach
    The writer probably heard this story (being in japan) and used it, maybe.
    'We need emotional content' -Bruce Lee

well, i think that it's the creator's 'thing' to use material (names, titles, etc) in his works. like we have just seen, neil's last name is german. the espada's titles are in spanish; when they say their number, its also in spanish. even their plot music is spanish. Even back in the bounto saga, the bounto used german when they did their alchemy to create their weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by vaizard zangetsu View Post
    well, i think that it's the creator's 'thing' to use material (names, titles, etc) in his works. like we have just seen, neil's last name is german. the espada's titles are in spanish; when they say their number, its also in spanish. even their plot music is spanish. Even back in the bounto saga, the bounto used german when they did their alchemy to create their weapons.
    Very true. Even the Hollow masks Resemble the Mexican dia de los muertos (day of the death) masks.

Neliel Tu Oderschvank (ネリエル・トゥ・オーデルシュヴァンク, Nerieru Tu Ōderushuvanku?)